Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

24 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Sisters best friends brother, lad I know reasonably well had a heart attack and a stroke this morning, 25 years old fit as a fiddle, had his booster yesterday morning. What chance did he have of covid causing him problems? Somethings not right. 

Horrible news. 

23 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Sisters best friends brother, lad I know reasonably well had a heart attack and a stroke this morning, 25 years old fit as a fiddle, had his booster yesterday morning. What chance did he have of covid causing him problems? Somethings not right. 

Shit that's awful, I'm really sorry. People already are aware I know people who have died from the vaccine, so it's often a difficult decision for people to make. I'm not going to go any further with the pros and cons, it's obviously going to be pretty raw for you. The only thing I will say is that it could possibly have happened anyway, these things do, even to seemingly fit and healthy people, but I completely understand why people will draw the conclusions that they do. 

How is he doing now? 

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Sorry to hear this. You won’t get anyone acknowledging this in this thread tbh. 

Absolutely not looking to start an argument with anyone or inform anyone's opinion on the vaccine one way or another just stating that this has happened today. Horrific stuff. I was leaning towards not getting it myself but after this you'd have to march me down at gunpoint. Can get called all the names under the sun. 

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Shit that's awful, I'm really sorry. People already are aware I know people who have died from the vaccine, so it's often a difficult decision for people to make. I'm not going to go any further with the pros and cons, it's obviously going to be pretty raw for you. The only thing I will say is that it could possibly have happened anyway, these things do, even to seemingly fit and healthy people, but I completely understand why people will draw the conclusions that they do. 

How is he doing now? 

Waiting for an update from the family, I'll post news when I get it. 

My 15 year old daughter has it again, for the second time in about 2 months. She tested positive at the beginning of October, so presumably delta. She had her first jab on Monday, and she has now tested positive again, so presumably Omicron. 

She's in the UK, btw. 

Edited by FoxesDeb
Clarity
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

You won’t get anyone acknowledging this in this thread tbh. 

Seriously, what's wrong with you?

33 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Sisters best friends brother, lad I know reasonably well had a heart attack and a stroke this morning 

25? That's heartbreaking. So sorry to hear that - condolences to the family. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I'm so sorry to hear this.

It really does worry me how these stories seldom get reported. I agree with you that something's not right.

12 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

My 15 year old daughter has it again, for the second time in about 2 months. She tested positive at the beginning of October, so presumably delta. She had her first jab on Monday, and she has now tested positive again, so presumably Omicron. 

She's in the UK, btw. 

Bummer :( 

My 16 year old daughter had her first jab 3 weeks ago but had a sore throat recently so did a lateral flow test yesterday and was positive. Took her for a PCR today and should get the results tomorrow.

If she's positive from that then I guess Christmas is fvcked and we can't go visit everyone.

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Sorry to hear this. Someone I knew collapsed and died 2 weeks ago, the day following the pfizer booster. 56 with no known underlying conditions.

Edited by Farrington fox

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Awful news, I'm sorry.

It's worth saying that this does happen in 'normal' circumstances too - a friend of mine had a fella, fit as a fiddle, and one day he just dropped dead in his 20s. Undetected heart defect.

I'd hardly call somebody with a heart defect fit as a fiddle 

58 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I've just had my positive pcr come through on text and email, how do i sort it so I have my proof of recovery passport thing? 

How long is it taking to come through? They must be processing so many at the moment.

Hopefully your lack of taste and smell won’t last long. I know someone who had it and that only lasted less than a week. So fingers crossed. 

Edited by fox_favourite

17 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Oh ok yeah I'm sure it's entirely coincidental 

One of my best friends at college died on the football pitch at the age of 18. He was completely fit and healthy as far as anyone was concerned. He had a heart condition that nobody was aware of until after he died, it's absolutely tragic, but it is more common than we realise. Had he just had a vaccination I'm sure we would have pointed to that, but it would have been unrelated, and as awful as it was, he would have died anyway. 

• Like 1