Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

10 weeks :nigel:

Now I can see why CEO of Pzifer was already mentioning 4th jabs, even before a good majority had their boosters.

Too many people testing.  It will come back to bite people on the **** next week as Boris will spin it as a need for further restrictions.  People need to stop getting tested.  

Bojo on FB congratulating the fact that we've almost reached 400 million tests as if it's the same as receiving a free cash sum from a never ending money tree.

Enough.

As for another booster in 10 weeks, forget it.  Still feeling off now 36 hours later, aches will not subside.  Head clearer though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

How long is it taking to come through? They must be processing so many at the moment.

Hopefully your lack of taste and smell won’t last long. I know someone who had it and that only lasted less than a week. So fingers crossed. 

Sent off Tuesday got results pretty much bang on 48 hours later. 

And thanks, I keep trying to convince myself I can taste stuff. Salt and sweet (apple in the fridge is brilliant) are sort of there but I couldn't tell you what sweet thing or what salty thing I was eating without looking at it knowing what I was having, if that makes. Sense. 

Edited by Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Had my booster today. Absolutely fine having it but I seriously doubt I’ll have a fourth. For the oldies? Sure, but being mid-twenties and pretty healthy then I don’t see where it ends after this. The priority needs to be on vaccinating developing countries who haven’t even had a single dose.

• Like 3

Guest Kopfkino
21 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Had my booster today. Absolutely fine having it but I seriously doubt I’ll have a fourth. For the oldies? Sure, but being mid-twenties and pretty healthy then I don’t see where it ends after this. The priority needs to be on vaccinating developing countries who haven’t even had a single dose.

Feel similar - the likelihood is that young folk are sufficiently protected against severe disease even with variants and yet it feels like we’ll be having a vaccine with every meal before we bother vaccinating the wider world and trying to reduce future problems at the biggest potential source

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Again, that isn't what I am saying - I'm saying it can happen in other circumstances too.

Really wishing I'd not bothered now.

I know 2 girls that had strokes - one at 20, one at 26. First was an undetected hole in heart and the other was a rare syndrome. 

It's rare but it can happen.

7 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I know 2 girls that had strokes - one at 20, one at 26. First was an undetected hole in heart and the other was a rare syndrome. 

It's rare but it can happen.

Yep, my nephew had a major stroke aged 24, and has since lost his large intestine. Some people are just plain unfortunate.

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

Surely having a couple of jabs a year is a small price if it means that you are less likely to transmit or end up in an ICU with a tube down your windpipe? I appreciate that it's unlikely in your case but even so why take a risk however remote? Agree about vaccinating other countries. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

How long is it taking to come through? They must be processing so many at the moment.

Hopefully your lack of taste and smell won’t last long. I know someone who had it and that only lasted less than a week. So fingers crossed. 

At least he’ll be able to eat sprouts this way 

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Had mine on Tuesday, only just staring to feel better now

Aching everywhere, shivering, sweating, headaches 

Actually having Covid was more bearable 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Having had 2 jabs and now having the disease itself that's me done with it I hope, in terms of both vaccines and the disease. If they want to lock me out of society for it down the line then so be it. 

Another booster in February I'm hearing.

Israel already doing it!!

5 hours ago, weller54 said:

So, Omicron is 70% less serious than Delta..

Does this mean future mutations become less and less severe or can omitron mutate into something deadly?

Answers on a postcard please.

Two reasons why that's unlikely.

1.  We have four other human coronaviruses and they have never mutated into anything worse, which implies it isn't common.

2.  If there are two similar covid-19 viruses competing with each other, the one that can most easily infect its hosts and spread about is likely to be the one that muscles out the other.  In general, viruses that let the host survive do better than viruses that kill the host, because a dead host doesn't spread the virus; and viruses that cause mild illnesses do better than viruses that cause severe illness, because the host is more likely to be out and about spreading it.  Both are reasons while milder versions tend to supplant more severe versions.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Munshi said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10321139/amp/Is-UK-heading-New-Year-lockdown-Professor-Neil-Ferguson-7-000-Omicron-deaths-DAY.html

Will he not face any consequences for his utterly ridiculous predictions when he knows full well deaths wouldn’t have reached anywhere near those figures?..

As has been said before, if one wants certainty about the way the world works, especially considering novel matters, one should look at religion, not science. It may be wrong, but at least its very *certainly* wrong.

This false expectation of perfection in terms of predictions turns up again and again on here and honestly I think it's most often based on political points rather than honesty of purpose. (I should probably keep this response on copy-paste tbh.)

And, as also has been said before...is there a better/ more accurate mechanism for understanding the world and what goes on in it? I'd like to hear it.

• Like 2

I belong to that so called vulnerable -group have so many on going Medical issues, and Happy to Keep some valued balance to my life.

despite knowing that One of 2 will soon come with the Friendly GR knocking & pointing the way...

I have had my  2 bion-tech & Booster vaccinations, I havent  had sore arms, or any after effects...

I am feeling guilty when I Read these posts or the insisent media of Doom & gloom of potential After effects..

It would be interesting to Filter through all this noise, and try to understand

Why vaccinations and the Virus itself effects People differentl or not at all..

Is it simply the Tickers & genes in our individual Body  immune systems...???

Edited by fuchsntf

Not sure of Ive already mentioned(!) But i had covid really bad last month and still getting over it.

Booked my booster for 28th, but in 2 minds if I should bother?

Presume ice got some antibodies and the last thing I want is to be I'll again, especially  to see us get hammered by them scouse tw@ts at night.