Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

You realise there are many people not watching the news or reading papers who would know don’t you?

Come on Babs, it's on bus shelters, the side of buses, billboards.

No way you can avoid the campaign.

Tbh I'd agree that ignorance is no longer a factor for not getting the booster. There's no way that people don't know what the situation is anymore.

So I guess that leaves either well intentioned but misguided self-interest based on misunderstanding of statistics or simple contentious malice as possible motivators, then.

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

Babs being so argumentative that hes willing to embarass himself by claiming that people will have missed this massive campaign has made my evening lol

If youre that dense or out of the loop that you've somehow missed it thus far. A random message won't change that

One message might not, which is why they are doing more than one message isn’t it. It why they are doing TV spots, bus sides etc. A text message is just one part of it and probably to cheapest form out of the lot… but apparently it’s THAT which is the waste of money, rather than say bus sides which are generally a giant costly waste of money. 

There are huge portions of the population who are as thick as pig shit, as evidenced in this thread daily and they need banging over the head constantly to do anything, or need constant reminders and badgering to do something.

1.7m don’t even have a TV licence, but apparently everyone will have seen Witty on TV between Emmerdale, or the news.

Oh look… someone even did a trial… text messaging could boost uptake by 26% in the US. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/02/text-reminders-could-boost-vaccine-uptake-by-26-study-finds

But yeah I’m sure they are pointless.

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Tbh I'd agree that ignorance is no longer a factor for not getting the booster. There's no way that people don't know what the situation is anymore.

So I guess that leaves either well intentioned but misguided self-interest based on misunderstanding of statistics or simple contentious malice as possible motivators, then.

> 50% of the population can’t even name the prime minister.

If you showed people in the street a picture of the queen, there would be people with no idea who she is. 

I mean, have people not watched pointless. A simple daily reminder that people are thick or ignorant or both. 

53 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If you showed people in the street a picture of the queen, there would be people with no idea who she is. 

I mean, have people not watched pointless. A simple daily reminder that people are thick or ignorant or both. 

Fair point well made tbh.

One message might not, which is why they are doing more than one message isn’t it. It why they are doing TV spots, bus sides etc. A text message is just one part of it and probably to cheapest form out of the lot… but apparently it’s THAT which is the waste of money, rather than say bus sides which are generally a giant costly waste of money. 

There are huge portions of the population who are as thick as pig shit, as evidenced in this thread daily and they need banging over the head constantly to do anything, or need constant reminders and badgering to do something.

1.7m don’t even have a TV licence, but apparently everyone will have seen Witty on TV between Emmerdale, or the news.

Oh look… someone even did a trial… text messaging could boost uptake by 26% in the US. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/02/text-reminders-could-boost-vaccine-uptake-by-26-study-finds

LOL tv licence. Would be amazed if anyone aged under 25 paid for a tv licence 

Not having that Prime Minister stat.Not when you have 67% voter turnout.You don’t need a tv license to get access to a radio or YouTube.You would need to be astoundingly thick or ignorant not to know we had a royal family.

13 hours ago, Nalis said:

Been testing all week, all negative except for this morning where I tested positive this morning on 2 LFTs. Waiting for the PCR results but cant see it not being positive.

Spent Christmas with 8 other people, they all tested today and were negative.

Symptomwise in case it helps others - sore throat yesterday morning that I just put down to too many beers, sore throat went away by the afternoon. Little bit of a sniffly nose yesterday that got worse this morning. Bit of the cold remains and a slight head cold. Apart from that, all fine.

Was with fvck all people in the past week, went to the office once and the shops a few times. 

Had my booster a week ago.

Todays update - pcr is positive. 

'Cold' has subsided slightly. Feel slightly chesty shall we say. Overall a bit bunged up qith a headcold feeling but nothing crazy bad.

Paracetamol is my friend this week I think!

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, Babylon said:

👍

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I’m glad it’s not my tax paying for it anymore.  The audit of this pandemic is going to be horrific.

I wouldn't say, when the fall out happens, that the advertising will be the problem. We've wasted so much more money elsewhere, the advertising will be a drop in the ocean. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Not having that Prime Minister stat.Not when you have 67% voter turnout.You don’t need a tv license to get access to a radio or YouTube.You would need to be astoundingly thick or ignorant not to know we had a royal family.

The actual number of the polling was two thirds couldn’t name the prime minister when it was Teresa May. I’m sure it’s more now, but the point is the same. Don’t overestimate how thick / ignorant many people are to what’s going on around them. 

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

LOL tv licence. Would be amazed if anyone aged under 25 paid for a tv licence 

Sigh. Missing the point, if you’ve seen an advert on TV 1000 times, don’t presume everyone has.

I have a licence and haven’t watched normal TV for more than about 10 minutes in several months.