Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

6 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

113k tested positive on Christmas Day! I’m amazed that so many people went out to be tested on Christmas Day 🧐

Did they go out or did they do an LFT then report the results?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

But it might be the trigger that finally gets someone to book it. Seems a weird thing to question when you have **** all idea of its marginal impact - if x people get that text and book off the back of it then seems reasonable - seems unlikely than nobody will action off the back of it.

It’s just the same as basic marketing. I know who all the companies in my inbox are this morning and that they have sales cos they told me yesterday. One of them might end up triggering me to buy something

Sure and if I go outside and start screeching while throwing out bits of paper that say "booster" it might have the same effect. 

Both are as mental as each othet

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Again some other good news that theres been proof that the immunity we gain from an

omicron infection also works against delta 

Is it like using a PS4 game on a PS3 ??

you can’t generally do it the other way around ……. Maybe they should use this example to get across to the youth ?.

17 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I've been sleeping about 17 hours a day for the last 2 or 3 days and just never feel at all rested, sense of taste and smell still pretty much zero. No fun, this. 

Purely speculative however that sounds like the old delta variant you have there. 

48 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Again some other good news that theres been proof that the immunity we gain from an

omicron infection also works against delta 

Crucial information if confirmed. It paves the way for the apparently less dangerous but more transmissive Omicron to completely push Delta out and replace it. Although this seemed likely, it wasn’t certain before.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

I’ve succumbed to it. Felt shite last night so tested. Done 3 tests and my and mum and dad are finally convinced I have it. 

Don’t feel 100% but just have to get on with it. Really effecting me mentally more than physically as I’ve been struggling for ages with that anyway. 

Do a PCR tomorrow just to confirm but there’s no doubt I’ve got it unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

This was what I posted about yesterday 

If true, this is even better news. If it is slightly milder and protects against Delta as well, then the virus has scored an own goal? Yes it infects at an alarming rate, but would it burn itself out, or cause “just another seasonal bug”? 

im not a scientist in any shape or form, I got a D GCSE science so I’m definitely not qualified, but the optimism in me says this is the end game? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I've been sleeping about 17 hours a day for the last 2 or 3 days and just never feel at all rested, sense of taste and smell still pretty much zero. No fun, this. 

Hopefully you’ll be through the worse of it and start to feel more human this week! Fingers crossed for you

7 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

If true, this is even better news. If it is slightly milder and protects against Delta as well, then the virus has scored an own goal? Yes it infects at an alarming rate, but would it burn itself out, or cause “just another seasonal bug”? 

im not a scientist in any shape or form, I got a D GCSE science so I’m definitely not qualified, but the optimism in me says this is the end game? 

That's how I understand it too? 

I got a B so I'm definitely qualified :whistle:

• Haha 1

Beware inanimate objects.

I tested positive on Boxing Day and looking back over the period I was most likely infected, I was only in close proximity - even only briefly in some cases - with family members all of whom were, and still are, testing negative.

I have lapsed in washing/sanitising my hands recently, despite handling dozens of parcels, letters, cards etc that have been delivered.

I assume that is where I caught it from. So beware.

24 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

On the contrary , this is a huge win for the virus 

it has mutated to escape some of the vaccine efficacy and it is less damaging to its host. Hence it can survive for longer and infect more and more people. The most successful virus’ are the ones that we have spreading around us all the time without causing too much harm. 

the aim for a successful virus is not to kill its host - that would be a very dumb virus - it wouldn’t last too long would it ??? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

On the contrary , this is a huge win for the virus 

it has mutated to escape some of the vaccine efficacy and it is less damaging to its host. Hence it can survive for longer and infect more and more people. The most successful virus’ are the ones that we have spreading around us all the time without causing too much harm. 

the aim for a successful virus is not to kill its host - that would be a very dumb virus - it wouldn’t last too long would it ??? 

That makes sense. See the reason for my D in science now?

But for us it’s better and one we can hopefully live with? 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1