Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

After more than 18 months of "following the science", good luck with that lol

the irony of that statement (and I ****ing loathe the sentiment behind it) is that you don't follow science, you question it. that's literally how science is done.

1 minute ago, shade said:

65% of UK hospitalisations are fully vaccinated so it absolutely DOES matter.

Fair point but isnt that just due to strength of numbers? i.e the vast majority of people in the country are vaccinated so that group will always be in the vast majority of hospitalisations?

Anyway, its xmas holidays, i don't want to crunch anymore numbers or percentages until i go back to work next Tuesday!

2 minutes ago, shade said:

At some point we have to stop explaining EVERYTHING away that doesn't fit the official narrative, if it's right that the unvaccinated represent 29% of the population but only 4.4% of cases, that is statistically significant whichever way you cut it.

It's called science man. Your statistical assessment is completely and utterly inadequate. You can't just try to divide 29% into 4.4% and shit the bed, you have to actually some proper analysis.

I reckon >50% of people who have a COVID vaccine are right handed, do you find that interesting as well?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

After more than 18 months of "following the science", good luck with that lol

In 18 months we've developed a sequence of vaccines, treatments most of which are cheap as chips and absolutely tanked the mortality rate of the thing.

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

It's called science man. Your statistical assessment is completely and utterly inadequate. You can't just try to divide 29% into 4.4% and shit the bed, you have to actually some proper analysis.

I reckon >50% of people who have a COVID vaccine are right handed, do you find that interesting as well?

well considering we were told that the vaccine was over 90% effective at STOPPING people contracting covid in trials, no matter what the revisionists say, then my analysis is equally as good as Pfizer's? 

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

In 18 months we've developed a sequence of vaccines, treatments most of which are cheap as chips and absolutely tanked the mortality rate of the thing.

It has always been a remarkably mild infection from the start but yeh good point. Amazing what you can achieve when you chuck unlimited money and resource at something. You can achieve anything!

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

It has always been a remarkably mild infection from the start but yeh good point. Amazing what you can achieve when you chuck unlimited money and resource at something. You can achieve anything!

It's killed almost 6m people in 2 years...

We chuck money at all sorts of things and get absolutely nowhere as a species.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Remarkably mild infections tend not to overwhelm ICUs across the planet.

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

It's killed almost 6m people in 2 years...

We chuck money at all sorts of things and get absolutely nowhere as a species.

There's nearly 8bn people in the world...

I can't of anything else in the world that comes close to this, we've literally stopped everything and thrown everything at it.

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

That does not mean the infection is not remarkably mild, as is my point.

Of course it does.  If it leaves people requiring machine assistance just to perform the most basic of human functions then it's not a mild infection, let alone remarkably so.  Words mean things.

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

Of course it does.  If it leaves people requiring machine assistance just to perform the most basic of human functions then it's not a mild infection, let alone remarkably so.  Words mean things.

3 minutes ago, Bryn said:

What? What are you on about?

Christ is it that hard to understand lol? An infection can be remarkably mild but still overwhlem an ICU unit. Maybe because successive Govts have not invested in ICU capacity and resource? Ebola had a death rate of 1 in 2, this is a tea party comparitively!!

I know 7 people who have died with covid on their death certificate, it's a tragedy and they wet before their time, but that does not mean the infection is not remarkably mild! 4 in 5 infected are asympotmatic!!

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
28 minutes ago, shade said:

If this is correct (and my German speaking doctor friend has corroborated it), it's pretty worrying...

Robert Koch Institute report released today states that 95.58% of the #Omicron cases in Germany are fully vaccinated (28% of those had a "booster"), 4.42% are unvaccinated.

71.1% of the total population is fully vaccinated in Germany.

What is worrying about it?

3 minutes ago, Bryn said:

It generally is quite hard to understand when someone is talking complete horseshit.

You're telling me! You have made the square root of zero actual points. I heard more sense from Liverpool fans on talksport on tuesday night than you lol

Edited by grobyfox1990

6 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Christ is it that hard to understand lol? An infection can be remarkably mild but still overwhlem an ICU unit. Maybe because successive Govts have not invested in ICU capacity and resource? Ebola had a death rate of 1 in 2, this is a tea party comparitively!!

I know 7 people who have died with covid on their death certificate, it's a tragedy and they wet before their time, but that does not mean the infection is not remarkably mild! 4 in 5 infected are asympotmatic!!

So what you are trying to say is that it presents with mild to no symptoms in some people, most even, however it's still somewhat charlitan to call the illness remarkably mild as a blanket statement.  You know that really, seems you just wanted the attention and like a fool I obliged.

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

So what you are trying to say is that it presents with mild to no symptoms in some people, most even, however it's still somewhat charlitan to call the illness remarkably mild as a blanket statement.  You know that really, seems you just wanted the attention and like a fool I obliged.

'in some people, most even '!??! the absolute vast majority!

I mean how hard is this to understand. Just do some basic googling - the uk has had 12.6m cases and 148k deaths. That's just over a 1% death rate. 4 in 5 (allegedly) are asymptomatic! How much ore convincing do you need that this is a remarkably mild illness. Ebola 50%, Sars 14% (i think)... this virus could/should have been a lot worse and thankfully it is not.

The only way you and Bryn have been foolish is by failing to understand incredibly basic concepts.

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I mean how hard is this to understand. Just do some basic googling - the uk has had 12.6m cases and 148k deaths. That's just over a 1% death rate. 4 in 5 (allegedly) are asymptomatic! How much ore convincing do you need that this is a remarkably mild illness. Ebola 50%, Sars 14% (i think)... this virus could/should have been a lot worse and thankfully it is not.

The only way you and Bryn have been foolish is by failing to understand incredibly basic concepts.

Can you accept that there's a difference between 'not as lethal as Ebola' and 'remarkably mild'? 

The common cold infects millions each year with no fatalities, that's remarkably mild, anything with a consistent death toll should not be put in the same bracket unless you're trying to spin a narrative.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

24 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

There's nearly 8bn people in the world...

I can't of anything else in the world that comes close to this, we've literally stopped everything and thrown everything at it.

23 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

That does not mean the infection is not remarkably mild, as is my point.

Bollocks. Where do you pluck your information from. 

28,000 people died from 'flu in 2018. Many of them had underlying health conditions. Is 'flu a mild infection? Yes, if your fit and healthy and under maybe, 65 yrs old.

Covid has caused a large number of unexpected deaths in fit, healthy adults and the ICU's were on the verge of being overwhelmed with admissions and the need for ventilators from everyone with long term respiratory illnesses to the guy who does 20 hrs in gymn the per week.

Completely not a mild infection. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

You do know what his profession is, don't you?

I suggest that you don't fully understand the link between rates of infection and the number of very sick people in ICU who don't die but need the bed and the treatment. That is what overwhelms the NHS. That is why measures have had to be taken. 

14 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Bollocks. Where do you pluck your information from. 

28,000 people died from 'flu in 2018. Many of them had underlying health conditions. Is 'flu a mild infection? Yes, if your fit and healthy and under maybe, 65 yrs old.

Covid has caused a large number of unexpected deaths in fit, healthy adults and the ICU's were on the verge of being overwhelmed with admissions and the need for ventilators from everyone with long term respiratory illnesses to the guy who does 20 hrs in gymn the per week.

Completely not a mild infection. 

Do we have the actual figures of how many young fit people have died? And if possible do we know how people who spent 20+ hours in the gym have ended up in ICU. Just out of curiosity I'd like to know where you get your info from.