Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

24 minutes ago, Adrian said:

I do science and work in data analysis but I curb my hardon for it as I know it will only take you so far...many treat it like a new religion ..worshipping the almighty covid graph with its holy percentages..the true logic can only look like this.....bullshit..just like it will brexit will not prove to be an unmitigated disaster 

lol remember when Brexit was a thing, then covid came along. I blame the media.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I’ve had Covid and all three vaccinations. 

My two pfizer jobs, I was fine with.

Covid - three days feeling rough, other than that, all good. 

Modena booster - felt like I’d been run into by a cow. 

Exactly the same scenario for me - Moderna booster knocked me for six.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rain King said:

How long did it take for people to have reactions to the Moderna booster?

Had mine at lunchtime today, no ill feelings yet.

First night for me, got 2 hours max sleep. Had the cold sweats, and for next few days just felt so worn down.

2 hours ago, Rain King said:

How long did it take for people to have reactions to the Moderna booster?

Had mine at lunchtime today, no ill feelings yet.

Wouldn't say I had a reaction as such, just felt weird the following day and no energy.  No energy at all.  Chills at night though although only lasted a few minutes.  Wasn't feeling fully right until day 3.  Ate well throughout though.  Weirdest feeling, feeling ill but not ill lol

I was thinking about this earlier today as I am sure I remember feeling the same back in March last year.  For two days, dizzy spells, no energy, very similar.  Perhaps it was the virus, who knows.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

3 hours ago, shade said:

111802297_Screenshot_20211231-185541_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8e92936ce6a6a0a1052f3268689b4a1b.jpg

Can't believe I'm posting stuff from the Daily Mail. 

I can't be bothered going through this thread because it genuinely makes me depressed sometimes, but if you are using this as an anti-vaccine argument you are demonstrating a basic misunderstanding of statistics.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sly said:

I’ve had Covid and all three vaccinations. 

My two pfizer jobs, I was fine with.

Covid - three days feeling rough, other than that, all good. 

Modena booster - felt like I’d been run into by a cow. 

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

Exactly the same scenario for me - Moderna booster knocked me for six.

Interesting - how long after covid were your Pfizer jabs ?? 

the boosters are making your immune system think you’ve got covid - hence you feel like you’ve got covid 

but your Pfizer jabs didn’t - I wonder if that’s a timing thing - hence the question as to when you got jabbed in relation to the viral infection 

28 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

There’s plenty of people on this thread who’d like it to keep going for a lot longer yet. 

...then show the courage of your convictions and identify said persons.

Unless there is some confusion here between the viewpoint of "this is going to go on until we control this virus, that is what it is" and "I want this to keep going on". Easy conflation to make.

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

the boosters are making your immune system think you’ve got covid - hence you feel like you’ve got covid 

but your Pfizer jabs didn’t - I wonder if that’s a timing thing - hence the question as to when you got jabbed in relation to the viral infection 

I had my last Pfizer jab in June. 

COVID on 20th November.

Had the booster 27th December. 

9 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I can't be bothered going through this thread because it genuinely makes me depressed sometimes, but if you are using this as an anti-vaccine argument you are demonstrating a basic misunderstanding of statistics.

I confess I dont understand statistics and want to understand it better, I see it like this.

They said the vaccine was over 90% effective at stopping infection in trials, but this definitely isn't true right, you're basically just as likely to catch it so it must be in low double digits if not 0%?

The narrative changed to it stops you getting seriously ill, but 75% of hospitalisations are vaccinated in some form, from a population of 90%, I mean, is that great statistically?

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

...then show the courage of your convictions and identify said persons.

Unless there is some confusion here between the viewpoint of "this is going to go on until we control this virus, that is what it is" and "I want this to keep going on". Easy conflation to make.

Bit harsh to ask above poster to identify said posters when you’ve got Facebook jockeys calling people thick on this thread on an almost daily basis, and not identifying said posters

17 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

When most of your population is vaccinated, that will mean a higher proportion will be in hospital than unvaccinated, as many will be elderly or otherwise vulnerable.

I can assure you most of the INTENSIVE CARE patients are unvaccinated. As we repeat time and time again, the vaccine will likely protect you from critical illness.

I cannot believe this is still a discussion in 2022. I don't understand why I am leaving a night shift having just looked after an icu full of 100% unvaccinated patients, still trying to convince people why they're unbelievably stupid and selfish to not get the jab. 

My workforce has been absolutely ruined by unvaccinated people and the unnecessary, seemingly endless slog they keep on putting us through. Happy ****ing new year.

That's fair enough, It's a shame the government don't publish the ICU figures instead of the hospital figures, it could persuade some people to get the jab who really should get it. Personally I'll never get it, but there's a lot of people who should.

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Jabbed in June and august, got covid mid October.

11 minutes ago, shade said:

That's fair enough, It's a shame the government don't publish the ICU figures instead of the hospital figures, it could persuade some people to get the jab who really should get it. Personally I'll never get it, but there's a lot of people who should.

I wish I could show you what covid does to you when you get really sick from it. You bleed from every organ, your family can't even be with you. You die alone, in unspeakable agony. Plenty of our patients are young guys, previously fit and well, slim. It can happen to you.

I cannot fathom why you won't diminish the chance of that happening. You have a collective responsibility to society to get it.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I wish I could show you what covid does to you when you get really sick from it. You bleed from every organ, your family can't even be with you. You die alone, in unspeakable agony. Plenty of our patients are young guys, previously fit and well, slim. It can happen to you.

I cannot fathom why you won't diminish the chance of that happening. You have a collective responsibility to society to get it.

I agree it doesn't sound nice of course, but even you must agree the chance of you being one of "those cases" is miniscule? 

Especially if you have for years, lived your life specifically to avoid being one of those people, we shouldn't punish people who have always looked after their health as a matter of course.

I've always lifted weights, always maintained a perfect BMI, walk a lot, eat well, never smoked, take vitamin C, D zinc and probiotics, cold shower in the morning, I have type O+ blood luckily (Google it in relation to covid), have excellent genetics  never had the flu in my life (some people are less prone to it), just basically the perfect candidate not to have problems.

True story, my wife got it in December, double jabbed, went down like a lead balloon, in bed for 4 days with the lights off, literally couldn't do anything. Then the kids got it, and still it took another 4 days before I succumbed (delta).  I barely had any symptoms, fatigue and lost my taste and smell, which thankfully is almost back.

You may say I took a gamble, but I don't see it that way, there are plenty of things we can do to limit the impact of viruses on our bodies, the vaccine is just one.

The real tragedy is most people are too lazy to do all the others.

Edited by shade
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, shade said:

I agree it doesn't sound nice of course, but even you must agree the chance of you being one of "those cases" is miniscule? 

Especially of you have for years, lived your life specifically to avoid being one of those people, we shouldn't punish people who have always looked after their health as a matter of course.

I've always lifted weights, always maintained a perfect BMI, walk a lot, eat well, never smoked, take vitamin C, D zinc and probiotics, cold shower in the morning, I have type O+ blood luckily (Google it in relation to covid), have excellent genetics  never had the flu in my life (some people are less prone to it), just basically the perfect candidate not to have problems.

True story, my wife got it in December, double jabbed, went down like a lead balloon, in bed for 4 days with the lights off, literally couldn't do anything. Then the kids got it, and still it took another 4 days before I succumbed (delta).  I barely had any symptoms, fatigue and lost my taste and smell, which thankfully is almost back.

You may say I took a gamble, but I don't see it that way, there are plenty of things we can do to limit the impact of viruses on our bodies, the vaccine is just one.

I agree keeping fit and healthy is is a protection, of course it is, but this virus absolutely loves killing big muscley blokes who go to the gym a lot, you are just as at risk as many others despite you kidding yourself you're not.

Would you **** a prostitute with STI's? Why not if your immune system is so good?

So why wouldn’t you protect yourself and your country with a simple vaccine?

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, shade said:

Especially if you have for years, lived your life specifically to avoid being one of those people, we shouldn't punish people who have always looked after their health as a matter of course.

Getting Patrick Bateman vibes from this lol

• Haha 3