Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

Credit for reading them and engaging too, there's not been enough of that here.  I don't agree with some of your points, but feel a need to credit actually having a discussion.  There are pages and pages of people posting stuff which is robustly rebutted and then the posters ghosting the response.  The world of "alternative facts" I guess.

I think that just comes from insecurity - people feel they have to "win" or "lose" such things and when they feel that they might "lose" they do the equivalent of disconnecting from the FIFA game.

Unfortunately, such interest in being right rather than doing what is right could have problematic connotations for our future.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/31/im-a-uk-covid-scientist-heres-a-sample-of-the-abuse-in-my-inbox

"You scaremongering ignorant ****ing cvnt, you and your retarded team made predictions that could have ****ed this country for billions of pounds, ****ed Christmas for a second time and cost thousands thier [sic] jobs only to have your most pessimistic ballshit [sic] now found to be just that. How fvcks like you can sleep at night is beyond me and I hope you are ****ing held to account for what you have done and could have done if there weren’t some people in the government with a brain.”

Charming.

I do wish people would separate the people working on the science from those deciding policy that may or may not be based upon it. Is that asking too much?

People seem able to discern the differences when they take their car for an mot and service

the Mechanic is just doing his job by pointing out that this or that will happen somewhere between 5000 and 10000 miles

it’s your call as to whether to have the work done or make a decision that it’s not necessary for the time being 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

People seem able to discern the differences when they take their car for an mot and service

the Mechanic is just doing his job by pointing out that this or that will happen somewhere between 5000 and 10000 miles

it’s your call as to whether to have the work done or make a decision that it’s not necessary for the time being 

All comes down to the ALARP principle that I bored the forum to death with months ago.

From what I understand, we’re being injected with a mild virus, which then builds up antibodies, so when we catch COVID itself, this lessening our chances of becoming seriously Ill. Ultimately we’re still going to get some side effects, from the virus to build up an immune response. I’d rather have a day or two feeling rough, than a week in ICU. 

I don’t confess to being an expert on the vaccination project though. I guess if put that in very simplistic terms. 

I guess it impacts people differently, as every virus does. Some of us may have naturally picked up some form of immunity from other past Illnesses we’ve had, knowingly or not and build a level of immunity. 

The good news for all of us is that Omicron seems to be a milder strain, albeit more transmissible. Therefore we are able to build of stronger heard immunity to the virus, we’ve just got to manage the pressure on the NHS as managing this pain point (and any future mutations) will be the road map towards endemic and allow us to start dedicating the additional resource we require in playing catch-up with treatments of other illnesses which have ultimately had to take a back seat whilst we deal with the elephant in the room. 

46 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

@Line-Xhas been absent  for a while - hope all is ok there as he had covid issues across his family.  He may have read more up to date studies on it. I suspect that the fact vaccines are in the vast majority of people leading to weaker and shorter experiences likely means that less of that ‘copying’ is gong on.  Less copying = less opportunity to mutate.

there was debate on whether a vaccine that pretty much eliminated covid would force the virus to mutate to evade efficacy. The fact that the virus seems quite capable of existing alongside the vaccines would surely deal with that question. 

I think we’re going to be dealing this for an eternity, it’s more about how we deal with it as it mutates, similar to the way the flu does. 

16 hours ago, Rain King said:

How long did it take for people to have reactions to the Moderna booster?

Had mine at lunchtime today, no ill feelings yet.

I got my Modena in at 07:30AM at Woodhouse Eves. By the night I felt like I’d been repeatably jabbed in the arm by Mike Tyson. I hardly got any sleep.

The next morning the arm still hurt but by late afternoon I was feeling cold, shivers had a mid headache and just aches everywhere. Struggled to sleep again.

Day 2 - Having struggled for sleep, I now felt like I’d been kicked in the head by a horse as my head was splitting. Temperature was up, shivering, aches all over, slept for most of the afternoon. 

Day 3 - Arm Still sore. Felt okay went for a walk and was able to get around. 

Day 5 - Played football, screwed my knee. At nearly 40, debating retirement from 6 a side. 

Just now, Sly said:

I got my Modena in at 07:30AM at Woodhouse Eves. By the night I felt like I’d been repeatably jabbed in the arm by Mike Tyson. I hardly got any sleep.

The next morning the arm still hurt but by late afternoon I was feeling cold, shivers had a mid headache and just aches everywhere. Struggled to sleep again.

Day 2 - Having struggled for sleep, I now felt like I’d been kicked in the head by a horse as my head was splitting. Temperature was up, shivering, aches all over, slept for most of the afternoon. 

Day 5 - Played football, screwed my knee. At nearly 40, debating retirement from 6 a side. 

Mate, don’t retire unless you absolutely have to. You’ll regret it.

I knackered by knees by 40 but kept playing competitive football until 66, some three years ago. Packed in because of stress on chest / breathing and recovery time rather than legs / knees. 

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Hopefully much less chance of serious illness and thereby not being in hospital and putting strain on NHS etc. I would ask non vaccinated what the situation be if there was no vaccine? 

We were never guaranteed a vaccine, yet the Government still didn't properly invest in the NHS (and still hasn't).

The narrative that unvaccinated are causing the NHS to break is silly, they aren't helping for sure, but the NHS isn't at breaking point because 5% of people haven't had their 2 jabs, it's because it's been criminally underfunded for years, and still continues to be, it's just an easy excuse for the Tories.

EDIT: I should say mismanaged as well as underfunded.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Well that’s my PCR back confirming I’ve got it for the second time in 6 months. Triple jabbed (10 days before I started getting symptoms) so it goes to show you can be reinfected.

The good news is that its pretty mild, I’ve had 2 worse bugs within the past month. Started with my taste being quite weird (I had a pint at Man City that tasted like orange and Vanilla Coke tasted like melon) and a tight chest. The next day I had a slight head ache, next day a little bit fluey and today I’ve just got the shitty cough.

Probably caught it after going into A and e twice in 2 days last week.

17 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Mate, don’t retire unless you absolutely have to. You’ll regret it.

I knackered by knees by 40 but kept playing competitive football until 66, some three years ago. Packed in because of stress on chest / breathing and recovery time rather than legs / knees. 

I’ve already had 4 knee Ops. 

It’s more the aggro from the wife 😂 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Sly said:

From what I understand, we’re being injected with a mild virus, which then builds up antibodies, so when we catch COVID itself, this lessening our chances of becoming seriously Ill. Ultimately we’re still going to get some side effects, from the virus to build up an immune response. I’d rather have a day or two feeling rough, than a week in ICU. 

I don’t confess to being an expert on the vaccination project though. I guess if put that in very simplistic terms. 

I guess it impacts people differently, as every virus does. Some of us may have naturally picked up some form of immunity from other past Illnesses we’ve had, knowingly or not and build a level of immunity. 

The good news for all of us is that Omicron seems to be a milder strain, albeit more transmissible. Therefore we are able to build of stronger heard immunity to the virus, we’ve just got to manage the pressure on the NHS as managing this pain point (and any future mutations) will be the road map towards endemic and allow us to start dedicating the additional resource we require in playing catch-up with treatments of other illnesses which have ultimately had to take a back seat whilst we deal with the elephant in the room. 

That’s how most vaccines have worked throughout the years, but not the Covid 19 vaccines we use in the U.K.

Pfizer and Moderna use messenger RNA which instructs your body to make spike proteins that resemble the spike on CoV-SARS-2. The Astra Zeneca is a genetically modified chimpanzee adenovirus. 

Edited by danny.
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Well that’s my PCR back confirming I’ve got it for the second time in 6 months. Triple jabbed (10 days before I started getting symptoms) so it goes to show you can be reinfected.

The good news is that its pretty mild, I’ve had 2 worse bugs within the past month. Started with my taste being quite weird (I had a pint at Man City that tasted like orange and Vanilla Coke tasted like melon) and a tight chest. The next day I had a slight head ache, next day a little bit fluey and today I’ve just got the shitty cough.

Probably caught it after going into A and e twice in 2 days last week.

I know three people who all tested positive for the second time last week, we'll just keep getting it and getting it now, hence the need to update the self isolation rules and all the testing rules etc.

32 minutes ago, Sly said:

Well 24 hours on I feel fine, slightly sore arm but that's it. Almost feel guilty.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I know three people who all tested positive for the second time last week, we'll just keep getting it and getting it now, hence the need to update the self isolation rules and all the testing rules etc.

Yeah agreed, that element is definitely going to become quite clear in the coming days for sure.

33 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We were never guaranteed a vaccine, yet the Government still didn't properly invest in the NHS (and still hasn't).

The narrative that unvaccinated are causing the NHS to break is silly, they aren't helping for sure, but the NHS isn't at breaking point because 5% of people haven't had their 2 jabs, it's because it's been criminally underfunded for years, and still continues to be, it's just an easy excuse for the Tories.

EDIT: I should say mismanaged as well as underfunded.

Won't get an argument from me about NHS underfunding and I'm no Tory. Just think without vaccines we would be in a bigger hole than present.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

PCR test came back negative. 

Going on honeymoon tomorrow!!! 

Very anxious wait as NY broke and overnight. Woke up to the email from test centre saying its negative :D

No need to be anxious, Stan.

I'm sure she'll be gentle with you...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I guess this is empirical evidence that being vaccinated gives you the virus.

It’s a bit like the old timers puffing away on a cigarette having smoked for 60 odd years claiming it as proof that smoking isn’t bad for you and might even be good.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, shade said:

Because honestly, I don't trust that the vaccine won't have any long term implications (yes so might covid). Sure they're labelled as crackpots because they go against the narrative, but there are well qualified people (Dr Robert Malone, one of the inventors of MRNA technology and Dr Mike Yeadon, head of Pfizer respiratory division for years  amongst others) who have questioned the safety and efficacy of the vaccine.

Couple it with findings like the below (which is only an abstract and may not end up being correct if peer reviewed) and I would just rather ensure my natural immune system was functioning to its full capacity than rely on the vaccine, as should be my right.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/circ.144.suppl_1.10712

I also see these footballers having problems, sure it could be the effects of covid infection, but I would rather wait it out and see. Anyway, I have some protection now from having had the virus, so we'll see where we are in the summer I guess.

Mike Yeadon was the 'qualified' person who said Covid was over in 2020, that there would not be a second wave, and that it wasn't a transmissable virus I believe. I personally wouldn't be taking any notice of how I should be looking after my own health based on his 'qualified' nonsense, he exists solely for the internet likes I would think at this point, he certainly doesn't seem to have much knowledge. I think Malone has been discredited for spreading misinformation, but I'm not certain, was he the person who wrongly tried to claim the vaccine wasn't licensed? 

I'd still be interested in your sources for 'all the evidence' proving that the vaccine doesn't work please, and also for you to explain what you mean by it having a negative effect. 

56 minutes ago, shade said:

I would be interested  for @leicsmac and @st albans fox to listen to this and critique it? Over 3 hours long though.

you won’t mind if I don’t 

If it takes him 3 hours to make his points then I’m not sure how plausible they are !

Robert Wallace Malone is an American virologist and immunologist. His work has focused on mRNA technology, pharmaceuticals, and drug repurposing research. During the COVID-19 pandemic, he has been criticized for promoting misinformation about the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines.

im intrigued (as should you be) as to why millions of medically qualified people across the world have vaccinated themselves and their families if there are such concerns about them  ???

it’s a bit like when you’re on a plane - only when the staff begin to look worried about what’s going do you need to worry ! 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Mike Yeadon was the 'qualified' person who said Covid was over in 2020, that there would not be a second wave, and that it wasn't a transmissable virus I believe. I personally wouldn't be taking any notice of how I should be looking after my own health based on his 'qualified' nonsense, he exists solely for the internet likes I would think at this point, he certainly doesn't seem to have much knowledge. I think Malone has been discredited for spreading misinformation, but I'm not certain, was he the person who wrongly tried to claim the vaccine wasn't licensed? 

I'd still be interested in your sources for 'all the evidence' proving that the vaccine doesn't work please, and also for you to explain what you mean by it having a negative effect. 

The use of 'qualified' in a derogatory manner is definitely misplaced in this instance. He was wrong about the second wave, but SAGE and numerous government advisors have been wrong, a lot. Including when they claimed that there would be 7000 deaths a day if restrictions were lifted in the summer. Or when Neil Ferguson took the first lockdown so seriously he repeatedly travelled across London to romance his married mistress. Mike Yeadon's 'qualified' nonsense comes from a position of being:

-Senior Principal Scientist, Wellcome Research (1998 - 1995)

-Chief Scientific Officer, Allergy & Respiratory Research, Pfizer (1995 - 2011)

- VP, Allergy & Respiratory Head, Research, Pfizer Global R&D (2005-2008)

- CSO and VP, Allergy & Respiratory Research Head, Pfizer Global (2006 - 2011)

- Consultant Pulmatrix (2011-2016)

- Consultant, Apellis Pharmaceuticals (2011 - 2016)

- Co founder, Ziarco (2011 - 2017)

You're welcome to disagree with his views on this pandemic, but shouldn't try and discredit him by implying he isn't qualified. He is a LOT more qualified than almost all government advisors on this particular topic.

To quote st albans above.. I'm intrigued (as should you be) why some of the most accredited names in their field (Robert Malone - one of the originators of MRNA technology (himself vaccinated), Mike Yeadon - Chief scientific officer of allergy and respiratory research at PFIZER from 1995 - 2011) would destroy their lives and their careers to oppose the current science?

Edited by shade
  • Like 2