Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

So then use your brain. Ask a neighbour/friend/family for a few lfts and you’ll replace them within a few days when supply is back on. Try another pharmacy, try local workplaces who stock hundreds of boxes of tests.

I guess my main point is: if shade or Farringdon fox had said something as mindless and indefensible as ‘hardly any tests are available’ - science club would’ve ripped them a new one. Yes the two of them clearly talk a lot of sh1t which I mainly don’t agree with, but f000king hell let’s have some equality!!

Not the wisest move when I'm COVID positive and need to have two negative LFTs to leave self-isolation (by the book anyway).

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

So why is Dr Robert Malone being dispelled, didn’t he play a lead role in inventing mRNA vaccines ?

Because he didn’t play a lead role in inventing them, he’s had nothing to do with it for more than two decades. As I said earlier, it’s like asking Henry Ford about the inner workings of an F1 car, because he had the idea for a car. 

His wife was all over the internet at the start telling everyone they had him to thank and that he was getting his vaccination (he’s vaccinated by the way). 

10 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

So then use your brain. Ask a neighbour/friend/family for a few lfts and you’ll replace them within a few days when supply is back on. Try another pharmacy, try local workplaces who stock hundreds of boxes of tests.

I guess my main point is: if shade or Farringdon fox had said something as mindless and indefensible as ‘hardly any tests are available’ - science club would’ve ripped them a new one. Yes the two of them clearly talk a lot of sh1t which I mainly don’t agree with, but f000king hell let’s have some equality!!

But hardly any tests are available, certainly where I live.  Stop trying to force your point through, there's nothing wrong with what he said.

3 minutes ago, shade said:

The vaccinated are tearing themselves apart in here, like feminists Vs trans activists. You love to see it.

Are you drunk?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shade said:

Is it also feasible that vaccine efficacy doesn't just wane to zero, but it actively becomes negative after a period of time and makes double vaccinated people more likely to catch covid? It may explain the increasingly desperate push for boosters and fourth shots?

https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984_s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_e192813f-3094-4e3b-bf48-57faef88eee9_2173x2279-1.thumb.png.2c90a0ae43f04598b37698fdb4cdd27d.png

A simplistic reply - no. Being double jabbed does not make you more likely to contract anything other than text messages from the NHS!

that study is likely pretty crude as omicron data was unlikely to have been processed in a v detailed way by dec 12th. 

basically it shows that if you’re double jabbed more than three months ago then you have no protection from omicron. But being boosted gives 55% protection (that’s 1-30 days -  need 10-30 days to see how effective) 

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Doesn’t really matter if 2m people want to test does it?

Did I say tests weren’t being carried out? I said tests hardly any tests are available. No LFT delivery slots available, tried boots, Lloyds and two pickup points, none available.  

Plus numerous places without PCR testing. Hence… tests not being available.

I mean it’s only been in the news for a week or more about shortages FFS. 

1.5m is almost double the amount of testing in Oct.

I personally wouldn't call that "hardly any", but each to their own.

Just because ordering tests is difficult at the moment doesn't mean people don't have supplys at home to use, as proven by the large amount of tests currently carried out. 

You really would argue black is white.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Such a disappointing remark from someone who appears to be trying to debate so well.

oh come on, if you haven't realised I love a bit of flippant childishness coupled with my razor sharp contrarianism then you don't even know me.

1 minute ago, Otis said:

1.5m is almost double the amount of testing in Oct.

I personally wouldn't call that "hardly any", but each to their own.

Just because ordering tests is difficult at the moment doesn't mean people don't have supplys at home to use, as proven by the large amount of tests currently carried out. 

You really would argue black is white.

I’ll say it one more time, it doesn’t matter what we are testing if we don’t have enough to cover demand. 

The government have literally admitted we are short and had to borrow some from Wales. 

I didn’t say we aren’t testing, I’m well aware what we are testing. I’d like to test as well but I can’t, apparently so many are available I need to go knocking on people’s doors to find some!! 

There have been 3 or 4 people in the last few minutes alone saying they can’t get any, search social media and you’ll see 1000’s more. 

A very weird attempt at points scoring this. 

29 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I would argue any difference in cases per 100k is on the basis unvaccinated folk are more likely to be single, hermit, conspiracy freaks. 

Anyway, the argument for vaccination isn't based on case data. It's all about reducing serious illness and death. You know this already, of course, but chose instead to dig out any data you could find to help support your immovable position. 

This response appears to have been conveniently overlooked :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, shade said:

Can't get covid if you don't test!

highresrollsafe.jpg.cc73a4dadb05f93049f995a3f4837eaf.jpg

My wife has vague symptoms, like  swollen glands and a sore throat with fatigue. Can't get a test from anywhere right now. All unavailable. No stock, no delivery slots available. Therefore she can't test. Therefore she's negative. Really?

Still, not going out the house. Just going to wait to feel better. No real need to test TBH. We've being doing the sensible thing. That's all we can do. Wish more folk would.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Plenty of you are testing positive over the past week

has anyone been as  ill with omicron than with delta.  The impression from reading posts from those infected is that it’s either asymptomatic or like a stiff cold 

Just a cold really for me other than my smell/taste going funny yet again.

Just tested negative on my 6th day which is a shock. We are 2-0 up at half time, DO NOT **** IT UP.

• Haha 1