Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

I tested positive on NYE morning with a home LFT (fully vaxxed and barely any symptoms). Went to the walk in centre in Oadby at about midday to get a PCR done, more or less no-one there and took about 15 mins. Also ordered 7 more LFT's online on NYE for home delivery (order confirmed but not yet received).  PCR result received this morning confirmed positive, so isolating for 7 days.

Maybe I luckily just got in before the shortage.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just a cold really for me other than my smell/taste going funny yet again.

Just tested negative on my 6th day which is a shock. We are 2-0 up at half time, DO NOT **** IT UP.

Given that I believe you had delta not long ago I wouldn’t call it a shock - your system should get rid of it pretty quickly. 

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

So then use your brain. Ask a neighbour/friend/family for a few lfts and you’ll replace them within a few days when supply is back on. Try another pharmacy, try local workplaces who stock hundreds of boxes of tests.

I guess my main point is: if shade or Farringdon fox had said something as mindless and indefensible as ‘hardly any tests are available’ - science club would’ve ripped them a new one. Yes the two of them clearly talk a lot of sh1t which I mainly don’t agree with, but f000king hell let’s have some equality!!

I cannot comment on the availability of tests over in the UK, however, if you are getting 200,000 positives from 1.5m tests, that’s a positivity rate of over 13%. This suggests that loads of infections are being missed, as I think is generally accepted. I believe the WHO recommends not allowing the positivity rate to get above 5% for the number of infections found to be reasonably representative of the underlying infection rate.

1.5m tests per day is certainly a lot in an absolute sense, but I’d contend that in order to compare infection rates during one period with those at another, you really need to have the same positivity rate, otherwise you are comparing apples and oranges. Undoubtably a higher proportion of infections are being missed at 13% positivity than during a previous period when the positivity rate was, say, 5%.

The same thing is happening in some states in here in Australia where the positivity rate has shot up to aver 20% (it has been well below 3% for most of the pandemic). We’ve gone from being one of the best countries at managing the pandemic to one of the worst in just a few months. Hopefully the vaccine, boosters, and emergence of Omicron as a less dangerous variant will bail us out, but IMO, our libertarian lords and masters are now conducting a very dangerous experiment here.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Given that I believe you had delta not long ago I wouldn’t call it a shock - your system should get rid of it pretty quickly. 

Well to be fair I was positive about 6 hours ago which is why I’m shocked, although I do feel pretty normal today. 

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Plenty of you are testing positive over the past week

has anyone been as  ill with omicron than with delta.  The impression from reading posts from those infected is that it’s either asymptomatic or like a stiff cold 

I've still got it now. Had it since new years eve. First 2 days felt a lot worse than a stiff cold. Never sweated so much in my life and had a headache solid for 2 days. Not ideal. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shade said:

Why is everyone so concerned about getting LFTs? do you need them for work?

Many venues (clubs)  are asking for evidence of a neg LFT to gain entry 

my daughter showed me what she has to go through (photo of neg LFT next to ID and then the text message from NHS confirming which must cross ref with the ID against the test ). Being double jabbed isn’t sufficient for many clubs. 

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Many venues (clubs)  are asking for evidence of a neg LFT to gain entry 

my daughter showed me what she has to go through (photo of neg LFT next to ID and then the text message from NHS confirming which must cross ref with the ID against the test ). Being double jabbed isn’t sufficient for many clubs. 

Given that the vast, overwhelming majority of transmission occurs in the home, I'm sceptical how effective these measures are, I guess anything is better than nothing though.

https://www.mass.gov/doc/weekly-covid-19-public-health-report-october-29-2020/download

(page 38)

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Plenty of you are testing positive over the past week

has anyone been as  ill with omicron than with delta.  The impression from reading posts from those infected is that it’s either asymptomatic or like a stiff cold 

Felt way worse with delta. Had a sore throat this morning so tested and was positive but now I feel fine. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

But they aren’t available, the government have said there are shortages, the website has no slots (only to liars pretending they’ve just ordered them).

We could be doing 100m tests a day. If 500m are needed it causes problems… understand, or is that a bit too complex for you?

Haha what are you saying! You’ve come out with one of the stupidest comments on a thread where literally everyone is taking complete rubbish and you’re still refusing to accept that!

your numbers make you look even more ridiculous lol. 70m population and you’re talking about needing 500m a day. Haha just admit ‘hardly any tests available’ is a stupid comment 

1 hour ago, Otis said:

1.5m is almost double the amount of testing in Oct.

I personally wouldn't call that "hardly any", but each to their own.

Just because ordering tests is difficult at the moment doesn't mean people don't have supplys at home to use, as proven by the large amount of tests currently carried out. 

You really would argue black is white.

It’s great entertainment to watch someone digging further into a ridiculous self inflicted hole lol

4 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Haha what are you saying! You’ve come out with one of the stupidest comments on a thread where literally everyone is taking complete rubbish and you’re still refusing to accept that!

your numbers make you look even more ridiculous lol. 70m population and you’re talking about needing 500m a day. Haha just admit ‘hardly any tests available’ is a stupid comment 

Totally bizarre response

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bovril said:

The bus is back lollollollollol 

I ****ing knew the bus was coming at the end. 

Can't believe this s**te is still floating about.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths?areaType=overview&areaName=United Kingdom

Literally states on their dashboard within the definition "People who had had COVID-19 but did not have it mentioned on their death certificate as a cause of death are excluded."

*edit* I know it wasn't you!

Edited by Zear0
Update

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I cannot comment on the availability of tests over in the UK, however, if you are getting 200,000 positives from 1.5m tests, that’s a positivity rate of over 13%. This suggests that loads of infections are being missed, as I think is generally accepted. I believe the WHO recommends not allowing the positivity rate to get above 5% for the number of infections found to be reasonably representative of the underlying infection rate.

1.5m tests per day is certainly a lot in an absolute sense, but I’d contend that in order to compare infection rates during one period with those at another, you really need to have the same positivity rate, otherwise you are comparing apples and oranges. Undoubtably a higher proportion of infections are being missed at 13% positivity than during a previous period when the positivity rate was, say, 5%.

The same thing is happening in some states in here in Australia where the positivity rate has shot up to aver 20% (it has been well below 3% for most of the pandemic). We’ve gone from being one of the best countries at managing the pandemic to one of the worst in just a few months. Hopefully the vaccine, boosters, and emergence of Omicron as a less dangerous variant will bail us out, but IMO, our libertarian lords and masters are now conducting a very dangerous experiment here.

That’s fantastic, but once again I ask: if shade or Farringdon fox had come out with such a statement which you know is just factually incorrect, would you have given them the time of day? I highly doubt it.

your first sentence sums it up perfectly lol. You can’t comment on the availability of tests on the uk, which is literally all I’m commenting on, so don’t

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

That’s fantastic, but once again I ask: if shade or Farringdon fox had come out with such a statement which you know is just factually incorrect, would you have given them the time of day? I highly doubt it.

your first sentence sums it up perfectly lol. You can’t comment on the availability of tests on the uk, which is literally all I’m commenting on, so don’t

What else can he comment on?  The poster, like myself, has been unable to get some themselves.  In addition, it's been within the news over the recent days that hospital and care workers have been unable to acquire them (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59826812).  As mentioned in earlier posts, if there's a demand of 5 tests for 10 people or 1bn tests for 1.5bn it doesn't change the problem, there is a low availability of tests.