Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Original Antigenic Sin is a real phenomenon. It seems not only to permanently influence the immune response to the spike protein itself, but also to inhibit the development of antibodies to other SARS-2 proteins. A worst case scenario, would be a future spike mutation that entirely escapes the anti-spike antibodies elicited by our vaccines. In this case, it seems possible that many vaccinated people will be stuck with permanently suboptimal immune responses. If Omicron is indeed circulating primarily among the vaccinated, as some data suggests, this would seem to be one possibly reason why. These concerns are particularly acute in the case of children, who may well be exposed to the risk of very serious illness in the future, if vaccination permanently misdirects their immune system.

Page 23 of the Public Health England vaccine surveillance report says that according to “recent observations from UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) surveillance data, … N antibody levels appear to be lower in individuals who acquire infection following 2 doses of vaccination.”

People are claiming this could be evidence that our vaccines may permanently compromise immunity to SARS-2, via Original Antigenic Sin?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1027511/Vaccine-surveillance-report-week-42.pdf

15 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

That’s fantastic, but once again I ask: if shade or Farringdon fox had come out with such a statement which you know is just factually incorrect, would you have given them the time of day? I highly doubt it.

your first sentence sums it up perfectly lol. You can’t comment on the availability of tests on the uk, which is literally all I’m commenting on, so don’t

Ah but you aren’t. You are deliberately ignoring and misrepresenting the points being made by @Babylon

That, in your opinion, tests are easy to come by in the UK seems to be disputed by others here, I cannot comment on that. But you go on to imply that because 1.5m is a big number, it should be a sufficient number of tests. If you want to make a comparison with previous infection rates the absolute number has to be seen in context, and that is the point he was making.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

7 minutes ago, shade said:

Original Antigenic Sin is a real phenomenon. It seems not only to permanently influence the immune response to the spike protein itself, but also to inhibit the development of antibodies to other SARS-2 proteins. A worst case scenario, would be a future spike mutation that entirely escapes the anti-spike antibodies elicited by our vaccines. In this case, it seems possible that many vaccinated people will be stuck with permanently suboptimal immune responses. If Omicron is indeed circulating primarily among the vaccinated, as some data suggests, this would seem to be one possibly reason why. These concerns are particularly acute in the case of children, who may well be exposed to the risk of very serious illness in the future, if vaccination permanently misdirects their immune system.

Page 23 of the Public Health England vaccine surveillance report says that according to “recent observations from UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) surveillance data, … N antibody levels appear to be lower in individuals who acquire infection following 2 doses of vaccination.”

People are claiming this could be evidence that our vaccines may permanently compromise immunity to SARS-2, via Original Antigenic Sin?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1027511/Vaccine-surveillance-report-week-42.pdf

Dare I even ask where you're finding this unusual interpretation of data relating to Original Antigenic Sin (whatever that is)?

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

Dare I even ask where you're finding this unusual interpretation of data relating to Original Antigenic Sin (whatever that is)?

I'm going down the rabbit hole madlads, if you don't hear from me for a while, there's a good chance Van Tam and Witty have beaten me up for spreading bullshit.

49 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Haha what are you saying! You’ve come out with one of the stupidest comments on a thread where literally everyone is taking complete rubbish and you’re still refusing to accept that!

your numbers make you look even more ridiculous lol. 70m population and you’re talking about needing 500m a day. Haha just admit ‘hardly any tests available’ is a stupid comment 

When would I admit it when there are no tests available for many people and the government have said there is a shortage. 

It’s called ramping up the numbers for effect hoping it might trigger your brain cell.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/pcr-tests-lateral-flow-covid-home-test-kits-unavailable-shortage-key-worker-priority-1376791/amp

Edited by Babylon

Just now, st albans fox said:

I’m more and more intrigued by shade 

he seems to find a never ending supply of questions and they become ever more technical!

Well as I'm day 5 into my self-isolation, and turning slightly mad, I made a huge mistake and looked :facepalm:

https://eugyppius.substack.com/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=substack_profile

Shade's oracle

20 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

What else can he comment on?  The poster, like myself, has been unable to get some themselves.  In addition, it's been within the news over the recent days that hospital and care workers have been unable to acquire them (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59826812).  As mentioned in earlier posts, if there's a demand of 5 tests for 10 people or 1bn tests for 1.5bn it doesn't change the problem, there is a low availability of tests.

14 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Ah but you aren’t. You are deliberately ignoring and misrepresenting the points being made by @Babylon

That, in your opinion, tests are easy to come by in the UK seems to be disputed by others here, I cannot comment on that. But you go on to imply that because 1.5m is a big number, it should be a sufficient number of tests. If you want to make a comparison with previous infection rates the absolute number has to be seen in context, and that is the point he was making.

Don’t make things up. Babylon said in his original post 200k positives are being recorded when ‘hardly any tests are available’ the only thing he’s representing are that hardly any tests are available. 

once again, if you personally cannot get any tests, use your brain to get some. Ask a neighbour/family/colleagues/anyone to drop some off for you. The country is awash with lft tests sitting in peoples homes. And wow the bbc reported something? Same bbc that confirmed Pearson was sacked pre Arsenal 2015? I can’t believe this is being said again but: don’t trust everything you read in the media.

and finally and I beg you to answer the question : if shade or Farringdon fox can’t out with something which is, on the whole, just plain wrong or not fitting your opinion, would you defend him?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

When would I admit it when there are no tests available for many people and the government have said there is a shortage. 

It’s called ramping up the numbers for effect hoping it might trigger your brain cell.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/pcr-tests-lateral-flow-covid-home-test-kits-unavailable-shortage-key-worker-priority-1376791/amp

Haha you pasted a link from the independent quotes from a government known to lie. It must be true! 

On the 1% chance you are not talking complete rubbish and are actually unable to engage your mind to get hold of some tests, I can get friends in Leicester (if you’re based there) to give you some boxes during the week in town. Or I can give you as many as you want tomorrow if you’re in London. That’s serious btw, we should all be testing twice a week, not fear mongering about a lack of them. DM if required

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Don’t make things up. Babylon said in his original post 200k positives are being recorded when ‘hardly any tests are available’ the only thing he’s representing are that hardly any tests are available. 

once again, if you personally cannot get any tests, use your brain to get some. Ask a neighbour/family/colleagues/anyone to drop some off for you. The country is awash with lft tests sitting in peoples homes. And wow the bbc reported something? Same bbc that confirmed Pearson was sacked pre Arsenal 2015? I can’t believe this is being said again but: don’t trust everything you read in the media.

and finally and I beg you to answer the question : if shade or Farringdon fox can’t out with something which is, on the whole, just plain wrong or not fitting your opinion, would you defend him?

“Lateral flow and home PCR test kits ran out online yet again today, as testing shortages enter their fifth day and calls grow for key workers to be prioritised.

No home PCR testing kits were available for either key workers or the general public on the Government’s website for around two hours on Friday morning and those for the public ran out again in the afternoon.

Lateral flow home delivery slots also ran out during the morning, reappearing at midday before becoming unavailable again in the early afternoon.”

….

”Conservative MP Sir Roger Gale said today that Mr Javid admitted there 'isn't a quick fix' to ongoing supply problems. 

The North Thanet MP added: 'Saj was very honest with me, he said, "look, there isn't a quick fix".'

Mr Gale continued: 'The long and the short of it is he says there is a worldwide shortage of lateral flow tests.”

….

A lack of lateral flow tests (LFTs) in UK pharmacies is a “huge” problem, providers have warned, as Covid lateral flow tests and PCR tests are unavailable to order from the government website for the second day, not even for essential workers.

There are also currently no available appointments for PCR tests at walk-through or a drive-through test sites in England and Northern Ireland, and only very few in Scotland, according to the government website.

……

Its alright everyone, if you need them Grobyfox can send them to you. Perhaps he can supply the government so that they can fulfil demand.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Haha you pasted a link from the independent quotes from a government known to lie. It must be true! 

On the 1% chance you are not talking complete rubbish and are actually unable to engage your mind to get hold of some tests, I can get friends in Leicester (if you’re based there) to give you some boxes during the week in town. Or I can give you as many as you want tomorrow if you’re in London. That’s serious btw, we should all be testing twice a week, not fear mongering about a lack of them. DM if required

Ahhhh the government is lying, the website is lying by saying no slots are available day after day, thousands are lying online saying they can’t get tests, including front line workers. All the papers are lying (right wing and left wing alike)

It’s all a lie and supply is plentiful, we just need to go door to door to find them from strangers houses, look down the back of sofas, or visit 75 local pharmacies… Rather than just having them sent to us, before demand made that impossible.

I have been trying since before Christmas to get a delivery, or from local pharmacies. Nothing available, now Wigston is either the worlds worst spot for testing, or there is a bloody problem with availability.

Just off to Sainsbury’s, just asking but if they have no wispas available, because they sold out in 10 minutes. Does that mean there are loads available (just in other people’s houses) or not many are available?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

“Lateral flow and home PCR test kits ran out online yet again today, as testing shortages enter their fifth day and calls grow for key workers to be prioritised.

No home PCR testing kits were available for either key workers or the general public on the Government’s website for around two hours on Friday morning and those for the public ran out again in the afternoon.

Lateral flow home delivery slots also ran out during the morning, reappearing at midday before becoming unavailable again in the early afternoon.”

….

”Conservative MP Sir Roger Gale said today that Mr Javid admitted there 'isn't a quick fix' to ongoing supply problems. 

The North Thanet MP added: 'Saj was very honest with me, he said, "look, there isn't a quick fix".'

Mr Gale continued: 'The long and the short of it is he says there is a worldwide shortage of lateral flow tests.”

….

A lack of lateral flow tests (LFTs) in UK pharmacies is a “huge” problem, providers have warned, as Covid lateral flow tests and PCR tests are unavailable to order from the government website for the second day, not even for essential workers.

There are also currently no available appointments for PCR tests at walk-through or a drive-through test sites in England and Northern Ireland, and only very few in Scotland, according to the government website.

……

Its alright everyone, if you need them Grobyfox can send them to you. Perhaps he can supply the government so that they can fulfil demand.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Ahhhh the government is lying, the website is lying by saying no slots are available day after day, thousands are lying online saying they can’t get tests, including front line workers. All the papers are lying (right wing and left wing alike)

It’s all a lie and supply is plentiful, we just need to go door to door to find them from strangers houses, look down the back of sofas, or visit 75 local pharmacies… Rather than just having them sent to us, before demand made that impossible.

I have been trying since before Christmas to get a delivery, or from local pharmacies. Nothing available, now Wigston is either the worlds worst spot for testing, or there is a bloody problem with availability.

Just off to Sainsbury’s, just asking but if they have no wispas available, because they sold out in 10 minutes. Does that mean there are loads available (just in other people’s houses) or not many are available?

Oh no you posted a link from one source!  Your local pharmacy and the govt won’t send you any. There must be no lfts left.

Sigh…I’ll try again (!!!) what proof do you have that there are ‘hardly any tests available’ ?? Please elaborate with scientific evidence alongside actual data. 

If you have been trying to get hold of tests since before Xmas and can’t succeed, I’m sorry but you have issues 

it’s incredible that you can fear monger like this based on no data, but solely quotes you’ve seen in the media, and potentially stop people testing twice a week when they should be. 

Edited by grobyfox1990

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Are people in need of LFT's? I mean I don't have enough to share but I do have 4,200 toilet rolls that I bought in March 2020.

My workplace have asked us to take a LFT before going back on Tuesday. I imagine quite a few places will be asking their staff to do the same. 

3 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

More good news from South Africa reviewed in this video. A study confirming that Omicron antibodies significantly protect against Delta virus infection, as is becoming more and more obvious. If confirmed this means the more dangerous Delta variant should die out.

The ghost of Rik Mayall. Wow, he's done well. RIP

56 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Oh no you posted a link from one source!  Your local pharmacy and the govt won’t send you any. There must be no lfts left.

Sigh…I’ll try again (!!!) what proof do you have that there are ‘hardly any tests available’ ?? Please elaborate with scientific evidence alongside actual data. 

If you have been trying to get hold of tests since before Xmas and can’t succeed, I’m sorry but you have issues 

it’s incredible that you can fear monger like this based on no data, but solely quotes you’ve seen in the media, and potentially stop people testing twice a week when they should be. 

The data on which I base my response is signs in all the pharmacies' and Dr's surgeries I've either physically visited or tried online have a notice saying "Sorry, we are currently out of stock of LFT test kits. Please try again tomorrow".

I did since Thursday, none available. No home delivery slots available. Gov says there are plenty of kits available but there aren't the logistics to get them delivered so, effectively, people still can't get test kits.

I have no issues. Apart from the reluctance by some to accept people are having difficulties getting tests. 

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

I'm sorry guys...

There's a virus out there that has killed over five million people and rising, and here for the last few pages we are...arguing the toss and trying to point score over whether or not there are a requisite amount of test kits available to test for it?

I mean, either party could be right here but I'm thinking in the list of problems this thing is causing in order of importance, that one is pretty low. Certainly doesn't compare to an attempt to impugn the entire scientific method as @grobyfox1990attempted to compare it to above (sorry for the direct call out there, but there is a massive difference in the importance of the misinformation being peddled there, even if you are right).

I guess it's all just a bit of back and forth, but perhaps folks might simmer down on something that perhaps isn't massively important?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I'm sorry guys...

There's a virus out there that has killed over five million people and rising, and here for the last few pages we are...arguing the toss and trying to point score over whether or not there are a requisite amount of test kits available to test for it?

I mean, either party could be right here but I'm thinking in the list of problems this thing is causing in order of importance, that one is pretty low. Certainly doesn't compare to an attempt to impugn the entire scientific method as @grobyfox1990attempted to compare it to above (sorry for the direct call out there, but there is a massive difference in the importance of the misinformation being peddled there, even if you are right).

I guess it's all just a bit of back and forth, but perhaps folks might simmer down on something that perhaps isn't massively important?

Not massively important, I'd agree. If you think you have symptoms, isolate until you can get a test. Might not be today or tomorrow. We are still isolating 5 days in as we couldn't get a kit delivered to our home. No PCR appointments available for 5 days. Just going to sit it out. 

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The **** are you on about.

Edited by Babylon

5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Are people in need of LFT's? I mean I don't have enough to share but I do have 4,200 toilet rolls that I bought in March 2020.

Can you use some to wipe up the massive piles of shit being spewed in this thread. 

• Haha 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but …

I did one of the new ‘up your nose only’ tests yesterday morning which was negative.  Wife did one of the old ‘tonsil scrapers’ and was positive.  We both have the same cough so I did one of the old ones as well and low and behold it was positive.  We went for PCRs so will find out for sure today.

I did read about this happening in the paper but are there any medical folks on here can explain?

if this is widespread it means there are potentially tens or hundreds of thousands of people getting the all clear in the morning then going around their daily business spreading it all around.

On a side note given the timing (daughter has it too) and the fact that we are antisocial bûggers, we reckon we caught it at the Liverpool game - thanks Klopp 🤬