Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Chris Hopson is worth a follow. Cuts through the media interpretation and you are hearing it from the horses mouth where it comes to the NHS’ pressures. It’s encouraging London is beginning to slow now but obvs the school return is the next possible trigger for an increase in infection. If we get over that bump and London continues to slow down/dip, it’s great news 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I agree, but I do think there is a difference in the level of misinformation and the consequences it might entail.

You need to do nothing.

I'm asking, politely, for an explanation of motivation from a person who (presumably) trusts the scientific method in practically every other area of their life but this one.

It's curiosity and understanding I seek, but you're under no obligation to answer.

Apologies for the creepy comment. It's a very difficult question to answer, with such a nuanced debate. You're asking me to distil all the information I've absorbed in the last 2 years to explain my motivation. There's so much I've seen and disliked, by governments media, corporations, people. When I'm at the laptop instead of on my phone I'll try to write a reasonably concise summary. 

One of the core issues is the insistence of the necessity of the vaccine amongst young, healthy people especially children, and the bullying, coercion and manipulation of the population at large. It meanders out to vaccine passports and loss of liberties, big pharmas ties to governments and the media. Then there's the issue of mandates, forcing people to inject themselves with something that (yes very rarely) might kill them, depriving people of livelihoods and abilities to engage in society for a disease with a 99.7% survival rate below the top age bracket, and then add the known side effects of the injection and potential future issues.

There's so much. I'll try and summarise it in a bit though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Stop fear mongering Col. lol

They are basically drip feeding them out, it's totally luck of the draw. I tried at 4am and about 20 minutes ago, nothing. Whether it's different depending on what area you are in I don't know. Obviously if you are in a certain postcode and Amazon or Royal Mail in your area don't have them, you don't get them. Where as somewhere else might have a new batch ready to go. 

Could be that. Either way there are plenty of kits available, the demand over Christmas has been ridiculous.

In January when there are less family gatherings there will be loads available

9 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I'm sorry guys...

There's a virus out there that has killed over five million people and rising, and here for the last few pages we are...arguing the toss and trying to point score over whether or not there are a requisite amount of test kits available to test for it?

I mean, either party could be right here but I'm thinking in the list of problems this thing is causing in order of importance, that one is pretty low. Certainly doesn't compare to an attempt to impugn the entire scientific method as @grobyfox1990attempted to compare it to above (sorry for the direct call out there, but there is a massive difference in the importance of the misinformation being peddled there, even if you are right).

I guess it's all just a bit of back and forth, but perhaps folks might simmer down on something that perhaps isn't massively important?

Not sure I'd agree the availability of test kits isn't "massively important" or of "low importance". 

For example, guidelines state if you're positive, you must self-isolate for 10 days or 7 if you can show a negative LFT on days 6 and 7. Not having LFTs to hand is causing people to self isolate for an additional three days. Spread that across the country and it's a huge amount of lost time where people can work, see family and go out.

Whilst the back and forth was pedantic, it's a problem given the isolation rules that are currently in place. As a business owner myself, those extra three days for myself and staff make a huge difference as when I don't work, I don't get paid. This entire forum and all it's sub-forums are irrelevant compared to 5mil+ deaths, uncharacteristic post from yourself if I may be so bold! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kenny said:

Could be that. Either way there are plenty of kits available, the demand over Christmas has been ridiculous.

In January when there are less family gatherings there will be loads available

But not enough... 

Less family gatherings but everyone going back to work who hasn't been in over Christmas and schools back. They are tripling the amount they buy for a reason. 

Anyway, glad you got some. 

1 hour ago, shade said:

Well we know that 94% of covid deaths had an average of 4 co-morbidities and 50% of people on ICU have a BMI over 30, so I think we can guess they won't be the healthiest.

Please don't misunderstand me, if you're a fat, kebab guzzling, big drinking covid denier who won't get vaccinated then I have little sympathy. But for otherwise healthy people, I dislike their demonisation.

you have literally just posted the icnarc report and then include the 94% claim…

in the icnarc report that you posted you can see that only 10% in ICU  had severe co-morbidities on page 76

looking at outcomes in table 22 about 17% of those who died had a severe comorbiditity. 547 out of 3253.

Edited by Stivo

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Before I look for information to confirm our refute this, I must ask a question.

What, exactly, is the reason behind the posts like this that you make on this thread? There seems to be an overarching theme but I don't want to guess, so please, be plain; what message are you trying to convey regarding this viral outbreak with posts like this?

Genuinely interested. Would also extend the question to others who think similarly.

I think he's saying it's a load of bollox.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But not enough... 

Less family gatherings but everyone going back to work who hasn't been in over Christmas and schools back. They are tripling the amount they buy for a reason. 

I reckon people are more concerned with testing when visiting family than they are going to work. I know I am as I can socially distance at work but not when visiting someone's home.

16 minutes ago, Stivo said:

you have literally just posted then icnarc report and then include the 94% claim…

in the icnarc report that you posted you can see that only 10% in ICU  had severe co-morbidities on page 76

looking at outcomes in table 22 about 17% of those who died had a severe comorbiditity. 547 out of 3253.

CDC data showing only 6% of deaths listed covid as the only cause.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#Comorbidities

You claim 17% had a severe comorbidity, it's actually says "very severe". All the data I've seen shows that comorbidities (any) are 90%+

Edited by shade
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But not enough... 

As an aside, I think the government should be fining people selling NHS kits on eBay!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

My son has had Covid, the 3 vaccines and has just tested positive again. Unlucky I said, not really he said I've been out loads of times this week.

You pays your money you take you're chance.

Hi dad

• Haha 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

Are people telling porkies or what?

I’ve had exactly the same message having tried 6/7 times for two days 

B0AAE060-87C6-45BC-975D-0A576C205461.png

I'm getting it now, but ordered fine this morning.

The code system for collecting locally appears to be working too, though it doesn't know whether the collection point has any kits available.

Guest Col city fan
20 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Not sure I'd agree the availability of test kits isn't "massively important" or of "low importance". 

For example, guidelines state if you're positive, you must self-isolate for 10 days or 7 if you can show a negative LFT on days 6 and 7. Not having LFTs to hand is causing people to self isolate for an additional three days. Spread that across the country and it's a huge amount of lost time where people can work, see family and go out.

Whilst the back and forth was pedantic, it's a problem given the isolation rules that are currently in place. As a business owner myself, those extra three days for myself and staff make a huge difference as when I don't work, I don't get paid. This entire forum and all it's sub-forums are irrelevant compared to 5mil+ deaths, uncharacteristic post from yourself if I may be so bold! 

Exactly! Most reputable workplaces are using LFT’s to determine whether staff can be at work or not

9 minutes ago, kenny said:

I reckon people are more concerned with testing when visiting family than they are going to work. I know I am as I can socially distance at work but not when visiting someone's home.

I have to visit peoples homes as part of my job, the company I'm contracted by wants me to test. And obviously the schools wanting 2 x tests a week is a large number. On top of Omicon spreading like wildfire. The system is obviously under pressure, for how long who nows. Could have been a Christmas blip, could last a month or more. 

1 minute ago, kenny said:

I'm getting it now, but ordered fine this morning.

The code system for collecting locally appears to be working too, though it doesn't know whether the collection point has any kits available.

I did boots over the weekend, woman in front of me the queue at 11am took the last box. :mad: Off to try Oadby in a mo. 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I did boots over the weekend, woman in front of me the queue at 11am took the last box. :mad: Off to try Oadby in a mo. 

Fvcking health tourist!

Oadby lfts for Oadby people!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, shade said:

CDC data showing only 6% of deaths listed covid as the only cause.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#Comorbidities

You claim 17% had a severe comorbidity, it's actually says "very severe". All the data I've seen shows that comorbidities (any) are 90%+

Yes and if you Google you can find that the cdc report includes comorbidities  ( medical conditions ) which were caused by the covid infection, eg renal failure, circulation issues etc.  I am sure that 95% of car crash victims have comorbidities caused by the impact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

The J H Brewster tore into Zahawi this morning over masking kids at school again. As one might expect he couldn't provide a shred of evidence to support the ruling. As Professor Carl Heneghan later went on to say, there is none.

Meanwhile she sits at home, happy as Larry, having tested positive delivering a radio show with no problem whatsoever. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stivo said:

Yes and if you Google you can find that the cdc report includes comorbidities  ( medical conditions ) which were caused by the covid infection, eg renal failure, circulation issues etc.  I am sure that 95% of car crash victims have comorbidities caused by the impact.

UK site lists around 17% as having no previous medical conditions. As you say, the infection causes other issues. 

1 hour ago, Robo61 said:

So hardly anybody had been boosted by then,  meaning his claim, for a changed, was likely to have been the truth.  Clearly though Shade's attachment was not debunking that claim,  which is all I was trying to explain. 

That was my point - hardly anyone had been boosted with time for them to have effect - if he was actually intending to make the statement then agree it’s true but it was very disingenuous 

it’s a bit like saying that no one who hasn’t been in a car in the past month has been involved in a serious car accident in the past four weeks …..it’s true but it means nothing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

50,000 posts... so glad I reached what milestone arguing about LFT availability. 

A quick fag-packet calculation shows that if you averaged a minute for each post, you have spent nearly 35 days of your life posting on here.