Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

COVID Facts - Challenge the Narrative | Joel Smalley | Substack

@shade and anyone else with an open mind, take a read.  :thumbup:

You really have proven to be rather strange throughout this thread

In my opinion anyway 

Is your denial of all those people affected, Ill or dead borne out of your own fear, or is it just the old ‘I couldn’t give a toss about anyone else’ mentality?

Edited by Col city fan

10 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

It’s a month old but hadn’t seen this, though I had read about it from other sources. And speaking as someone who has had cardio vascular issues is the reason I won’t be taking an mRNA booster. 

You do know that the mind controlling microchip in the vaccine is detected by the body and a clot starts to form around it and it then becomes a thrombus and lodges in the minute blood vessels in the Myocardium resulting in infarction and, if severe enough, a Myocardial Infarction will cause a cardiac arrest. At best it will result in loss of myocardial muscle but the heart survives and you then potentially have Angina or chronic heart failure or both until you die of something that the body doesn't have the strength to fight against. Like Covid.

12 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Why are you people so defensive about RNA vaccines. Is it in the back of your mind, you may have made a mistake. 

Oh Lord. Do you work in a health care sector where you have been involved in doing your utmost to save the life of someone's dad, mum, grandad etc, who've had 2 doses but refused the mRNA and then died as a result? Some of us have. You don't want it, fine don't have it. Take your chances either way but please don't come on here and espouse your views to generate, as you have said about other posters, fearmongering.

You can't have it both ways.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

It’s a month old but hadn’t seen this, though I had read about it from other sources. And speaking as someone who has had cardio vascular issues is the reason I won’t be taking an mRNA booster. 

I hadn't seen that tbh, a consultant cardiologist shouldn't be spreading misinformation you would hope. I genuinely hope they're wrong as everyone I know is vaccinated, but at least the question should be asked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Actually mad how low the deaths are compared to the cases. 

Also, to lighten the mood, how many cases should we be on by now according to the "it'll double every other day" nonsense? lol

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/18/uk-scientists-curbs-covid-infections-omicron-deaths-restrictions-sage?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16412392926421&amp_ct=1641239606911&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fworld%2F2021%2Fdec%2F18%2Fuk-scientists-curbs-covid-infections-omicron-deaths-restrictions-sage

The scale of the threat posed by the Omicron variant was laid bare by government scientists last night as they warned that there are now hundreds of thousands of infections every day. That daily number could reach between 600,000 and 2 million by the end of the month if new restrictions are not brought in immediately.

The government’s SPI-M-O group of scientists, which reports to the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), also warned that, based on their modelling, hospitalisations could peak between 3,000 and 10,000 a day and deaths at between 600 and 6,000 a day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I think I've survived my covid infection. Day 4 today and finally feel almost normal. Apart from a cough. Still got the rest of the week isolating In one room of our house out the way of the Mrs and kid though. Long days lol

7 minutes ago, Otis said:

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/18/uk-scientists-curbs-covid-infections-omicron-deaths-restrictions-sage?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16412392926421&amp_ct=1641239606911&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fworld%2F2021%2Fdec%2F18%2Fuk-scientists-curbs-covid-infections-omicron-deaths-restrictions-sage

The scale of the threat posed by the Omicron variant was laid bare by government scientists last night as they warned that there are now hundreds of thousands of infections every day. That daily number could reach between 600,000 and 2 million by the end of the month if new restrictions are not brought in immediately.

The government’s SPI-M-O group of scientists, which reports to the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), also warned that, based on their modelling, hospitalisations could peak between 3,000 and 10,000 a day and deaths at between 600 and 6,000 a day.

Don't forget they're specifically told NOT to model best case scenarios, only worst, because best case scenarios aren't "actionable" apparently.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/my-twitter-conversation-with-the-chairman-of-the-sage-covid-modelling-committee

Edited by shade
  • Like 1

I wonder how long you have to be at the hospital for it to constitute an admission? Is it one overnight stay or does it literally just count if you're seen by a doctor and let go on the same day?

Seems mad there are so many people going to hospital and yet no real extras needing ventilators. 

19 minutes ago, shade said:

Don't forget they're specifically told NOT to model best case scenarios, only worst, because best case scenarios aren't "actionable" apparently.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/my-twitter-conversation-with-the-chairman-of-the-sage-covid-modelling-committee

How can a model so obviously flawed be used to guide policy. Absolutely mental.

Just now, Farrington fox said:

46 mutations! God help us. Hope they're already planning for the 4th round of boosters.

technically it's the 2nd round of boosters, think of it as a football game, we've had the first half and the second half, we're in the first half of extra time, about to go in to the second half of extra time. I'm confusing myself.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, shade said:

Surely Sage should say the worse case scenario is 67m. Then they could model a realistic scenario to stop looking like doom mongers.

33 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I wonder how long you have to be at the hospital for it to constitute an admission? Is it one overnight stay or does it literally just count if you're seen by a doctor and let go on the same day?

Seems mad there are so many people going to hospital and yet no real extras needing ventilators. 

We’ve come quite a way over 21 months 

a lot of oxygen treatments (eg cpap) which mean intubation is more of a last resort and many who become v ill in hospital are suffering other organ issues rather than their lungs failing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It started with Ferguson and his 500k figures based on three flights out of Wuhan.  That was in part the reasoning behind the initial lockdown in March 2020.

Bet when he walked in to Downing Street, bojo was like "heyyyy shaggers here"

31 minutes ago, shade said:

technically it's the 2nd round of boosters, think of it as a football game, we've had the first half and the second half, we're in the first half of extra time, about to go in to the second half of extra time. I'm confusing myself.

Umm, let’s hope we don’t go to a replay.