Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

23 minutes ago, shade said:

Also a Nobel prize winner as well don't forget.

If I started making unbased claims like "Pfizer (a company with an almost unparalleled criminal past) has been paying off scientists to downplay the dangers of its vaccine" I would be stamped down immediately.

Well, I was being hypothetical, but 5 more minutes on WIkipedia has revealed the 3 authors are now all working for the Brownstone Institute, "a think tank that has published articles opposing various measures against COVID-19". Run by a man called Jeffrey Tucker, an American libetarian who was a director of the AIER think tank (in 2017) , and formerly associated with Ron Paul in the 80s, and author of books such as:

• Bourbon for Breakfast: Living Outside the Statist Quo (2010, Ludwig von Mises Institute, ISBN 978-1-933550-89-3)
  • It's a Jetsons World: Private Miracles and Public Crimes (2011, Ludwig von Mises Institute, ISBN 978-1-61016-194-7)
  • Hack Your Shower Head: and 10 Other Ways to Get Big Government out of Your Home

So I don't know if they were "paid off", but they all have shiny new jobs working for another think tank heavily connected to the initial think tank and the Libetarian movement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

efficiency wears off over time though so bit of a stupid graph to make

I think that a better criticism is that for boosters the measurement is predominantly weighted against weeks with omicron whereas unvax will be against delta.

For unvax I would also suggest that it fails to distinguish between unvax that haven’t caught covid and those that have - I presume that the rates for unvax with no infection are far far worse than shown as ( partially agreeing with the consultant) catching covid does provide some level of (waning) protection.

I am not seeking to argue it’s more to point out that it’s very very difficult at this stage to work out the rates of outcomes

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I mean 99.9% of that anaesthetist's colleague's would think he's an idiot but that counts for nothing?

The whole optics of a qualified medical practitioner making a stand against vaccination must be absolutely appalling for his overworked, stressed out, vaccinated colleagues?

8 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Those colleagues in blue stood there clearly didn’t. It was apparent they were afraid or didn’t have the confidence to speak out. 

What the nurses by the nursing station put in an awkward situation? You think they're going to call out their idiot anti-vax consultant on live television?

Look forward to this tosser being 'redeployed'.

Edited by z-layrex

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

The whole optics of a qualified medical practitioner making a stand against vaccination must be absolutely appalling for his overworked, stressed out, vaccinated colleagues?

He's not making a stand against vaccination, he's just pointing out that he doesn't feel the vaccine provides enough reduction of transmission to make it worthwhile mandating it and losing staff and also pointing out that he doesn't feel the need for him personally to protect himself.  He's not necessarily wrong when you consider that countries where over 50% of the population is overweight have a death rate as much as 10 times higher.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n623

"There is not a single example of a country with less than 40% of the population overweight that has high death rates (over 10 per 100 000), the report said. Similarly, no country with a death rate over 100 per 100 000 had less than 50% of their population overweight."

Damning.

Edited by shade
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, z-layrex said:

What the nurses by the nursing station put in an awkward situation? You think they're going to call out their idiot anti-vax consultant on live television?

Look forward to this tosser being 'redeployed'.

It was obvious they agreed with him. But too afraid to speak out. Anyway, our dr Steve James has gone viral. That interview may just prove to be a seminal moment in the forced vaccination mandate. Which is just wrong on every level. 

4 minutes ago, shade said:

He's not making a stand against vaccination, he's just pointing out that he doesn't feel the vaccine provides enough reduction of transmission to make it worthwhile mandating it and losing staff and also pointing out that he doesn't feel the need for him personally to protect himself.  He's not necessarily wrong when you consider that countries where over 50% of the population is overweight have a death rate as much as 10 times higher.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n623

He would surely realise that his stand would be used by the noisey anti-vax minority to further their propaganda as is happening in this very thread?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

It was obvious they agreed with him. But too afraid to speak out. Anyway, our dr Steve James has gone viral. That interview may just prove to be a seminal moment in the forced vaccination mandate. Which is just wrong on every level. 

It was obvious? They looked uncomfortable, you don't know what each individual was thinking. I wouldn't have said anything either with TV cameras in my face.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

I've just reread your post, did you really just say "our Dr Steve James"?

I'm out, this thread is infested with absolute ****ing lunatics. Have a nice life all.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

There are other medical staff speaking out but only on twitter that I've seen.

Crunch point will come soon for these people.  Already happened in care settings as we all know but if anything the data is heading towards pre vaccination levels which indicates to some extent this cannot be easily controlled by a patients vaccination status and/or PPE measures.  The data doesn't back it up.  A lack of care workers refusing to be vaccinated won't help the workforce numbers either.  Same will happen with hospitals come April.

FIgx9IkXIAIRSTc.png

Edited by Legend_in_blue

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Idiot? You people really don't do yourselves any favours. I've called out your name calling before  I think.

The fella has a different view to you and delivered his view politely and with some justification (namely, antibodies are antibodies, regardless how you acquired them). He came across as less of a 'idiot' than your good self

And as I've said to you before, I really don't care what you think of me. He's an idiot because he is using a position of authority to potentially cause further harm to his colleagues and patients.

This will be my last post in this topic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

I noticed the government have started advertising in the media for people to become care workers. Not quite so easy to do with medicine, when you are talking about sacking experienced Anaesthetists. Pretty sure the government will pull out on this mandatory vaccination tactic closer to D-Day?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

There are other medical staff speaking out but only on twitter that I've seen.

Crunch point will come soon for these people.  Already happened in care settings as we all know but if anything the data looks worse now than pre vaccination which indicates to some extent this cannot be easily controlled by a patients vaccination status and/or PPE measures.  The data doesn't back it up.  A lack of care workers refusing to be vaccinated won't help the workforce numbers either.  Same will happen with hospitals come April.

Not so sure, can the NHS really afford to lose 10’s of thousands of staff? 

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I noticed the government have started advertising in the media for people to become care workers. Not quite so easy to do with medicine, when you are talking about sacking experienced Anaesthetists. Pretty sure the government will pull out on this mandatory vaccination tactic closer to D-Day?

They’d have to deploy rationale and common sense. Are they capable of enacting such things!

• Like 2

Got over omicron this week. Essentially a stiff cold as others described and was able to do my job from home as normal. I am triple jabbed.

A lot of people I know have this which is a complete opposite to the first pandemic year. Could that be the key to the beginning of the end maybe?

6 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

5 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Not so sure, can the NHS really afford to lose 10’s of thousands of staff? 

I wonder if better omicron data and us being through this wave by the time the day arrives will enable govt to kick this can further down the road .…

• Like 1

Of course one could weigh in with a further trouncing of the effectiveness of masks at this point as our good friend Carl Heneghan has eluded to this week.  No point bothering though.  No doubt there will be people on here attributing the current drop in cases to the brilliance of the mask.  

No lockdowns either.  And they worked so well at this point last year...:rolleyes:

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/01/07/infections-falling-in-england-data-shows-the-same-time-as-last-year-despite-no-lockdown/

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 2