Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

39 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Cases falling faster than Autumn leaves. And all without a lockdown and/or closing hospitality. 

And funnily enough cases have peaked, although at higher rates, in both Scotland and Wales with restrictions involved.

Also, compare rates now to last year.  The peak appears to have happened at almost the same time.

In other words, restrictions are ineffective at controlling case rates, cases rates will do their own thing irrespective of restrictions.  

Yet lockdowns and restrictions are effective... mmmmm.

Where's that govt review?  Should have started back end of last year but has gone awfully quiet.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

And funnily enough cases have peaked, although at higher rates, in both Scotland and Wales with restrictions involved.

Also, compare rates now to last year.  The peak appears to have happened at almost the same time.

In other words, restrictions are ineffective at controlling case rates, cases rates will do their own thing irrespective of restrictions.  

Yet lockdowns snd restrictions are effective... mmmmm.

Where's that govt review?  Should have started back end of last year but has gone awfully quiet.

Yep. Just look at the duration of draconian restrictions in France. Yet yesterday I think it was, they recorded over 300k new infections. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Yep. Just look at the duration of draconian restrictions in France. Yet yesterday I think it was, they recorded over 300k new infections. 

True.  They are testing in much larger numbers though.

However, the case rate curve will do as it pleases irrespective of what measures are put in place.  Eventually they will have their peak but draconian measures will not be the reason for it.  Otherwise, with measures in place, the numbers wouldn't be anywhere near where they are right now if they were effective.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

This is very possibly the most absurd and ridiculous non-sequitur that you have arrived at yet and a strong candidate for the most ludicrous post in the 1,219 pages of this two year thread. 

Surely this is some form of self-deprecation/satire for comic effect? 

If not, it's frankly impossible to know where to begin when confronted by logical fallacy of such astonishing magnitude and frankly, utter stupidity. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'm not sure at this point if this is actually a serious post? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm not sure at this point if this is actually a serious post? 

It isn't possible....surely?

If I'm wrong, then the attempted justification and reasoning behind it that will inevitably follow will be even more hilarious to read than the original post.

45 minutes ago, Line-X said:

This is very possibly the most absurd and ridiculous non-sequitur that you have arrived at yet and a strong candidate for the most ludicrous post in the 1,219 pages of this two year thread. 

Surely this is some form of self-deprecation/satire for comic effect? 

If not, it's frankly impossible to know where to begin when confronted by logical fallacy of such astonishing magnitude and frankly, utter stupidity. 

You talk to people with little respect you sound like a ****ing idiot mate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

You talk to people with little respect you sound like a ****ing idiot mate. 

If unintentional irony could be refined into a raw material, you'd be sitting on quite the stash there 'mate'. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Line-X said:

If I'm wrong, then the attempted justification and reasoning behind it that will inevitably follow will be even more hilarious to read than the original post.

So are you saying the Delta wave cases didn’t peak last January when restrictions were in place?

Edited by Farrington fox

14 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Please attempt to justify the positive impact of the continuous tinkering with restrictions - how do the positives continually outweigh the negatives?

I'm all ears.

Just now, Farrington fox said:

So are you saying the Delta wave didn’t peak last January when restrictions were in place?

I said nothing of the sort. What's your point? Does this genuinely need to be explained yet again?

Here is the statement...

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Your own personal incredulity and preconceptions aside. surely, surely you can identify the flawed logic?

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Please attempt to justify the positive impact of the continuous tinkering with restrictions - how do the positives continually outweigh the negatives?

I'm all ears.

We currently have very few restrictions in place, the 'wait and see' policy may well be something that the government has actually got right. Not though prudence, or shrewd measured judgement, but through a desperate attempt to salvage BJs cult of personality in the wake of the Christmas party allegations, the disastrous rout by Helen Morgan in North Shropshire and the genuine fear of a back bench, senior party member rebellion and vote of no confidence in his leadership.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Your attempt at moving the goalposts and deflection won't work. Astonishingly, you stated this. The justification is all yours. Go ahead. You have the floor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I said nothing of the sort. What's your point? Does this genuinely need to be explained yet again?

Here is the statement...

Your own personal incredulity and preconceptions aside. surely, surely you can identify the flawed logic?

The only logic I’m personally interested in. Is that last January delta cases peaked with restrictions in place. This January the more transmissible omicron peaked with virtually no restrictions. My conclusion therefore is restrictions make little to no difference. 

2 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

The only logic I’m personally interested in

And there you have it. 

3 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

last January delta cases peaked with restrictions in place. This January the more transmissible omicron peaked with virtually no restrictions. 

What do you think you're overlooking here? Think hard. You don't have to reply immediately. Take your time. 

4 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

My conclusion therefore is restrictions make little to no difference. 

Which is why we leave the epidemiology to epidemiologists as opposed to consulting 'Farrington Fox' on a provincial football forum. 

Fortunately, your 'conclusion' has absolutely no bearing on reality and zero basis in the real world. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

We knew this 12 months ago.  You still hear it in the news now also.  1 in 3 are asymptomatic blah blah blah...

Repeat the same message over and over again and people begin not to question anything, nothing at all.

George Orwell's novel "1984" was more insightful than we realised. 

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

We currently have very few restrictions in place, the 'wait and see' policy may well be something that the government has actually got right. Not though prudence, or shrewd measured judgement, but through a desperate attempt to salvage BJs cult of personality in the wake of the Christmas party allegations, the disastrous rout by Helen Morgan in North Shropshire and the genuine fear of a back bench, senior party member rebellion and vote of no confidence in his leadership.

Your attempt at moving the goalposts and deflection won't work. Astonishingly, you stated this. The justification is all yours. Go ahead. You have the floor. 

lol

You still have not addressed the original point.  Please enlighten us with your reasoning and data which shows that restrictions have had a positive impact on outcomes in Scotland and/or Wales over this winter period in comparison to England with no restrictions bar the cloth mask.  You still need to justify your original point.

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

And what, in your empty bucket mind, do you imagine would be the case with zero restrictions? Are you vaccinated? If so, why did you bother, given your own POV. 

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

lol

You still have not addressed the original point.  Please enlighten us with your reasoning and data which shows that restrictions have had a positive impact on outcomes in Scotland and/or Wales over this winter period in comparison to England with no restrictions bar the cloth mask.  You still need to justify your original point.

No - actually you need to justify your original point which to remind you was this. You said it therefore the burden of proof is incumbent upon you not me. Go ahead. 

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

So are you saying the Delta wave cases didn’t peak last January when restrictions were in place?

FFS, Delta was/is DIFFERENT to Omicron (which, I seem to recall, you claimed was an anagram of "moronic") in terms of transmissibility and required greater restrictions.

Delta was more deadly than Omicron. The way it was dealt with, whilst not perfect, was different to the way we now deal with Moronic, sorry, Omicron, which is more infectious but with less serious consequences.