Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Probably and hopefully not. But I'd appreciate an answer to the question, if that isn't too much trouble.

It's all explained if read it. Obviously it won't stand up to your criteria of peer review etc, but the message they want to put out there is more a moral one. You'll no doubt take issue with that but that's fine I don't have a problem with that at all. 

Any mandates or freedom passes are wrong and there are many people against and more importantly fighting them. I just wanted to share something that lets people that it's not just Dave the plumber that's against this madness.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soup said:

It's all explained if read it. Obviously it won't stand up to your criteria of peer review etc, but the message they want to put out there is more a moral one. You'll no doubt take issue with that but that's fine I don't have a problem with that at all. 

Any mandates or freedom passes are wrong and there are many people against and more importantly fighting them. I just wanted to share something that lets people that it's not just Dave the plumber that's against this madness.

Fair enough, thank you for responding at least.

My own personal viewpoint on morality is that life and living it for as long as possible as well as possible, with the consent of the person involved (I'm an advocate for assisted suicide programs where consent is absolutely explicit as it happens), is the greatest moral cause. And sometimes nature messes with us so much that a choice has to be made between freedom of action and the life of other people. This is one of those times.

Of course, such things are always subjective and there's no real "right" or "wrong" way to view it I think, but I am of the opinion that the "give me freedom or give me death" crowd have a lack of understanding about how much they actually rely on other people in the case of the former and precious little experience of the latter because brushes with death tend to make people not want to experience them again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Fair enough, thank you for responding at least.

My own personal viewpoint on morality is that life and living it for as long as possible as well as possible, with the consent of the person involved (I'm an advocate for assisted suicide programs where consent is absolutely explicit as it happens), is the greatest moral cause. And sometimes nature messes with us so much that a choice has to be made between freedom of action and the life of other people. This is one of those times.

Of course, such things are always subjective and there's no real "right" or "wrong" way to view it I think, but I am of the opinion that the "give me freedom or give me death" crowd have a lack of understanding about how much they actually rely on other people in the case of the former and precious little experience of the latter because brushes with death tend to make people not want to experience them again.

I feel it's the start of a very slippery slope that we are on.  Try to project 10/15 years from now and see what other measures are implemented by 'the powers that be' in the name of safety.  It may only seem like an anxious vaccine passport to begin with but it's frightening where it can lead to in 10, 20, 30 years time.  Once control/power is taken from an authority, it is never given back.

Respect your view though.

2 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

I feel it's the start of a very slippery slope that we are on.  Try to project 10/15 years from now and see what other measures are implemented by 'the powers that be' in the name of safety.  It may only seem like an anxious vaccine passport to begin with but it's frightening where it can lead to in 10, 20, 30 years time.  Once control/power is taken from an authority, it is never given back.

Were this involving any human-centric cause then I would wholeheartedly agree with you. Look at what happened in the US post-9/11 for example. It's not like authority doesn't have previous on it, as you say, And power very clearly corrupts.

However, when it comes to acts of nature I tend to find that slippery slope less feasible as it has a random element in the form of the event itself. Such measures are often designed for the express purpose of control, but then you have a natural element involved that is beyond the immediate direct control of any human agency. Look at how humanity as a whole had to scramble to sort a vaccine for this virus, and how its mutations keep making us look a little daft. I honestly don't think that, unless they are stupid enough to think such a thing can be controlled or insane enough to want to be King of the Ashes, that authorities intent on authoritarian control would choose to use an act of nature as a device for it - not when that same act can turn on them just as easily as anyone else.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

A vaccine passport isn't radical enough for me to be honest.

I would rather see a microchip we can implant in to people, linked to their phone and connected to a digital ID. You start off with a points total (let's say 100) and points are removed for breaches of the authority's recommendations. For example, for every % your body fat is over 12% as a male, you lose one point, for every unit of alcohol over 14 you drink within a 7 day window, you lose a point per unit, or for every 1000 steps less than 10,000 you take a day you lose one point, if you don't take a mandated vaccine you lose 5 points.

This is averaged out every 30 days, and you are assigned to a band 100-90, 89-80 and so on. For every band below the top one, you lose certain rights (you can't buy junk food, you can't travel on public transport etc).

The world will be a MUCH better place, vote me in to power and I will get this implemented.

Edited by shade
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, shade said:

I would rather see a microchip we can implant in to people, linked to their phone and connected to a digital ID. You start off with a points total (let's say 100) and points are removed for breaches of the authority's recommendations. For example, for every % your body fat is over 12% as a male, you lose one point, for every unit of alcohol over 14 you drink within a 7 day window, you lose a point per unit, or for every 1000 steps less than 10,000 you take a day you lose one point, if you don't take a mandated vaccine you lose 5 points.

This is averaged out every 30 days, and you are assigned to a band 100-90, 90-80 and so on. For very band below the top one, you lose certain rights (you can't buy junk food, you can't travel on public transport etc).

The world will be a MUCH better place, vote me in to power and I will get this implemented.

Bill Gates is beating you to it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shade said:

This is averaged out every 30 days, and you are assigned to a band 100-90, 90-80 and so on. For very band below the top one, you lose certain rights (you can't buy junk food, you can't travel on public transport etc).

like you're pretending you just thought of this ........;)

come on - lets see the whole manifesto !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

like you're pretending you just thought of this ........;)

come on - lets see the whole manifesto !

I'll only leak small details, another one, anybody caught letting their dog defecate in a public space and not picking it up gets ONE warning (just one) before the dog is removed and they are no longer allowed to own animals.

2 hours ago, shade said:

I'll only leak small details, another one, anybody caught letting their dog defecate in a public space and not picking it up gets ONE warning (just one) before the dog is removed and they are no longer allowed to own animals.

A commitment to the formation of an international organisation with teeth dedicated to sorting climate change along with this and I'd vote for it.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, shade said:

5 points lost for not vaxxing? Wow that's a lot. Although if you do get in to power my new fashion item I've designed will fly off the shelves.Screenshot_2022_0114_165316.jpg.6006f730b0bbbd25f9c2191bbec5816c.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

So why has Van Tam jumped ship?

Backing away from the "science" that caused the lockdown. We've got a lifetime of analysis and critique of everything that was done wrong and the bad decisions that were made. 

Anybody and everybody will be trying to distance themselves from it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

So why has Van Tam jumped ship?

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Gone back to Nottingham Uni.

With a promotion. He was only ever on secondment to the Gov.

"Professor Sir Jonathan Van-Tam will step down as Deputy Chief Medical Officer (DCMO) for England at the end of March 2022 to take up a new role at the University of Nottingham.

Professor Van-Tam who joined DHSC on secondment from the University of Nottingham in 2017 will return to be the Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences".