Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Has anyone done lateral flows with the faintest of lines appearing? I mean you have to look really closely to see anything. Not sure if my eyes are convincing me there is something there? It's my last lateral flow test as well can do another. 

We did LFT's a couple of weeks ago as we thought we had symptoms. The first one just turned pink and was void. The others had quite faint lines against the C. PCR's were negative.

Edited by Parafox

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

We did LFT's a couple of weeks ago as we thought we had symptoms. The first one just turned pink and was void. The others had quite faint lines against the C. 

The C line is perfectly clear. Its the T line that is really really faint. But the more I look at it, the more I'm convinced something is showing as positive :( looks like a trip for a PCR test tomorrow to make sure. 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

The C line is perfectly clear. Its the T line that is really really faint. But the more I look at it, the more I'm convinced something is showing as positive :( looks like a trip for a PCR test tomorrow to make sure. 

For us the T line was clear. I get what you say though, it's almost as if you expect to see something because you're feeling rubbish. We decided our symptoms were just a common head cold after negative PCR's. 

Still odd though.

6 hours ago, chapero82 said:

Has anybody seen this video before?

I’ve been in and out of this thread at times during the pandemic but I have to say, this is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen in it. 

What reputable source is this supposed to be? Didn’t cite any actual studies… and posted by ‘the great resist’. What a load of nonsense.

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

I notice @shade has been quiet recently. Hopefully they've been banned for constantly trying to spread misinformation about Covid here, and more recently homophobia on another thread. Our forum can absolutely do without these dinosaurs. 

Glad someone else picked up on that.  He dropped some outrageous comments on here I threw back at him but was surprised how unchallenged it went.  Suspect people are, fatigued by both COVID and this bloody thread.

Edited by Zear0

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Has anyone done lateral flows with the faintest of lines appearing? I mean you have to look really closely to see anything. Not sure if my eyes are convincing me there is something there? It's my last lateral flow test as well can do another. 

My first one was like that after 5 hours. Suspect that is your first positive test starting to show.

Boris surely can’t lift “plan b” this month. Cases are too high! There needs to still be things in place to minimise risk. Schools are struggling. Staff off, students passing it around will cause a spike and is already causing school’s problems. I know so many that are struggling to stay open. Supply staff are like gold dust! It’s scary how quick it’s spreading in education. I think some schools will close.  

7 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Boris surely can’t lift “plan b” this month. Cases are too high! There needs to still be things in place to minimise risk. Schools are struggling. Staff off, students passing it around will cause a spike and is already causing school’s problems. I know so many that are struggling to stay open. Supply staff are like gold dust! It’s scary how quick it’s spreading in education. I think some schools will close.  

Boris needs to avoid a chunk of his right wing libertarians (who despise all restrictions) deciding he should face a no confidence vote …… of course he’s following the science ……

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Glad someone else picked up on that.  He dropped some outrageous comments on here I threw back at him but was surprised how unchallenged it went.  Suspect people are, fatigued by both COVID and this bloody thread.

This thread has been batshit crazy for a good month now 

17 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The footballers with the heart issues have all had a recent bout of covid ……

we don’t know if they’re vaccinated 

Here's an interesting article. It highlights all the heart attacks and death's in sportsmen and women in the last year. The article points to vaccine rather than Covid but tbh it could easily be Covid. If it is Covid then it's a shame the mainstream media don't put this issue to bed, because for me I do find it worrying. 

https://goodsciencing.com/covid/athletes-suffer-cardiac-arrest-die-after-covid-shot/

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Boris needs to avoid a chunk of his right wing libertarians (who despise all restrictions) deciding he should face a no confidence vote …… of course he’s following the science ……

This is what I find so frustrating. Says following the science but isn’t. Says he wants to protect people, he isn’t. For me the nail in the coffin is he says he “didn’t know parties were against the rules”.

28 minutes ago, Soup said:

Here's an interesting article. It highlights all the heart attacks and death's in sportsmen and women in the last year. The article points to vaccine rather than Covid but tbh it could easily be Covid. If it is Covid then it's a shame the mainstream media don't put this issue to bed, because for me I do find it worrying. 

https://goodsciencing.com/covid/athletes-suffer-cardiac-arrest-die-after-covid-shot/

Does it analyse all the heart attacks and deaths before covid as a comparison ??

No it doesn’t because it says it’s a ‘lot of work but it’s working on it ‘ 

but it’s called ‘goodsciencing’ so it must be good even if it does seem to be pushing an agenda here …….

it does mention previous covid in some of the instances but it plainly pushes a narrative that it’s down to the vaccine when it should be saying it’s down to covid - be it vaccine or virus.   The medical profession would be telling us that the myocardial risk is higher if infection v vaccine.

I’m sure this was true of delta but we don’t have sufficient omicron data as yet.  Whilst we wait, it is prudent to assume that it is. but the numbers of non vaxed will be shrinking and hence the data may take some time …..

Edited by st albans fox

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Does it analyse all the heart attacks and deaths before covid as a comparison ??

No it doesn’t 

but it’s called ‘goodsciencing’ so it must be good even if it does seem to be pushing an agenda here …….

It's a list I find concerning that's all. Couldn't care less what the website is called. If the number showing here is average then I'd be less concerned but I can't find a comparison. If you can please share.

7 minutes ago, Soup said:

It's a list I find concerning that's all. Couldn't care less what the website is called. If the number showing here is average then I'd be less concerned but I can't find a comparison. If you can please share.

I know that a couple months ago it was reported that the number of athletes suffering heart attacks was in line with what was the usual expected number - whether there has been a recent upsurge in them taking vaccines and a subsequent increase on that expected number is probably too early to say. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Soup said:

Highly doubt it's average. I don't think there are many "death lists" out there that are average right now. We're in a pandemic after all. 

Tbh I wouldn't be too concerned. If someone posted a list of names of all the people who've died from (or with) covid and were otherwise healthy it would probably be dismissed as scaremongering. I see no reason why athletes would be treated in a different way. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No it doesn’t because it says it’s a ‘lot of work but it’s working on it ‘ 

it does mention previous covid in some of the instances but it plainly pushes a narrative that it’s down to the vaccine when it should be saying it’s down to covid - be it vaccine or virus.   The medical profession would be telling us that the myocardial risk is higher if infection v vaccine.

I’m sure this was true of delta but we don’t have sufficient omicron data as yet.  Whilst we wait, it is prudent to assume that it is. but the numbers of non vaxed will be shrinking and hence the data may take some time …..

The recurring issue, which is particularly common on this thread, is still that of confirmation bias and the fact that a search engine will return whatever you ask it to. Therefore, is you wish to believe that face masks don't work, that lockdowns don't work, because...."Sweden", that SARS-CoV-19 was genetically engineering in the lab or that vaccination is elevating this incidence of cardiac arrest amongst athletes, don't question your preconceptions or search for the opposite, type precisely what you want to find into google and reinforce your belief thorough ready made quote mined, populist cherry picked sources and selective appeal to authority. One of the main offenders for this on a daily basis on this thread appears to have been banned - but we can at least always rely on 'Legend in Blue' for comic value. 

On a more serious note, we know that social media exploits division and polarisation, stoking anger and outrage because it engages and ultimately sells. This is precisely why platforms such as FB and YT have long been crucibles and incubators of disinformation and conspiracy theory targeting the vulnerable, the gullible, the scientifically illiterate those that think social media substitutes for education - and more concerningly, the hate filled agenda and ultimately the extremists. One of my greatest concerns is that it also perpetuates and reinforces beliefs because it will learn and then feed them and based upon these preferences, channel similar content.

How many times have we heard on this thread "that's my opinion and you'll never change it"? If ever a single sentence could encapsulate so much that is terrifying about the world we live in today. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-60036861

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

The recurring issue, which is particularly common on this thread, is still that of confirmation bias and the fact that a search engine will return whatever you ask it to. Therefore, is you wish to believe that face masks don't work, that lockdowns don't work, because...."Sweden", that SARS-CoV-19 was genetically engineering in the lab or that vaccination is elevating this incidence of cardiac arrest amongst athletes, don't question your preconceptions or search for the opposite, type precisely what you want to find into google and reinforce your belief thorough ready made quote mined, populist cherry picked sources and selective appeal to authority. One of the main offenders for this on a daily basis on this thread appears to have been banned - but we can at least always rely on 'Legend in Blue' for comic value. 

On a more serious note, we know that social media exploits division and polarisation, stoking anger and outrage because it engages and ultimately sells. This is precisely why platforms such as FB and YT have long been crucibles and incubators of disinformation and conspiracy theory targeting the vulnerable, the gullible, the scientifically illiterate those that think social media substitutes for education - and more concerningly, the hate filled agenda and ultimately the extremists. One of my greatest concerns is that it also perpetuates and reinforces beliefs because it will learn and then feed them and based upon these preferences, channel similar content.

How many times have we heard on this thread "that's my opinion and you'll never change it"? If ever a single sentence could encapsulate so much that is terrifying about the world we live in today. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-60036861

Given the confirmed link to Myocarditis and Pericarditis it still concerns me. You can call  some of the stuff I read confirmation bias but that's just the way I feel. Sorry mate I know you do your best bo put people as ease, but in my case it's not working.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soup said:

Given the confirmed link to Myocarditis and Pericarditis it still concerns me. You can call  some of the stuff I read confirmation bias but that's just the way I feel. Sorry mate I know you do your best bo put people as ease, but in my case it's not working.

Fair enough.

In the interest of curiosity, can you give an idea of what evidence and what scientific burden of proof would it take to put you at your ease in this matter?

1 minute ago, Soup said:

My comment wasn't aimed at you - but I would nonetheless urge you to objectively balance and critically appraise your sources as opposed to allowing the way you feel to filter these. 

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Fair enough.

In the interest of curiosity, can you give an idea of what evidence and what scientific burden of proof would it take to put you at your ease in this matter?

I can't give you anything. It comes from within me. If I had to pick one organ in the body I don't want messing with it's my heart, even if it's a very rare chance.  That's all I can say. 

1 minute ago, Soup said:

I can't give you anything. It comes from within me. If I had to pick one organ in the body I don't want messing with it's my heart, even if it's a very rare chance.  That's all I can say. 

Not taking the piss, but that being the case, I'd seriously consider knocking the cold showers on the head. 

• Haha 1