Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, shade said:

Do you hold obese and overweight people, smokers or heavy drinkers in the same contempt you obviously do the unvaccinated?

Totally irrelevant argument..

Plus so far, all Covid cases I have known,including 2 deaths ( no relations,only aquainted) were none of the above..

This last year Assumptions on Social media, is far more wild,than anything pro-vaxxers  put out...

because I know 3, Plus COVID-labor assistants I lean more towards @z-layrex Comments on Virologists...

and knowing Medical staff World wide, who have to take other vaccines,I just Dont get the point any point,Why there are Nursing/Care staff more

worried about Losing some mystical,mute point on personal-rights...but with no deeper Knowledge still accept taking  other vaccines/medicines

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

His opinion should be respected for what it is.  He has spoken well and with integrity since his altercation with Javid.

Today he was on again and made further valid points, questioning the 1 in 3 are asymptomatic message that still airs daily (that noone questions because we hear it daily and therefore it's true so why would you? :rolleyes:) and the whole process of looking for an evidence base before bringing in this mandate.

Govt will likely sit on this for 6 months, wait for the next wave, and then push it again with some weak evidence as they have recently with masks mandates.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

His opinion should be respected for what it is.  He has spoken well and with integrity since his altercation with Javid.

Today he was on again and made further valid points, questioning the 1 in 3 are asymptomatic message that still airs daily (that noone questions because we hear it daily and therefore it's true so why would you? :rolleyes:) and the whole process of looking for an evidence base before bringing in this mandate.

Govt will likely sit on this for 6 months, wait for the next wave, and then push it again with some weak evidence as they have recently with masks mandates.

What next, Adrian Durham's take on fiscal macroeconomic policy in the 'Investment Stocks and Shares thread?'

"Opinion", selective appeal to authority, populism, Talk Radio yet again telling you precisely what you want to hear and a bunch of conspiracy addled lunatics and anti-vaxers sycophantically swarming in support via the You Tube comments section to blow smoke up his arse.

Would you like to constructively discuss the flaws with Steve James' irresponsible assertions? I have the time. 

Why do you have a problem with mandated face masks during a respiratory viral pandemic? (other than the fact that Toby Young told you what to think?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shade said:

Do you hold obese and overweight people, smokers or heavy drinkers in the same contempt you obviously do the unvaccinated?

The obese, smokers and drinkers never caused us to give worse care in horrible conditions in cramp double-pendanted bedspaces, all because they know better than the greatest virologists in the world.

The obese, drinkers and smokers never made me admit an 18 year old girl with Leukemia into a room full of unvaccinated men in their 40s, because the system didn't allow otherwise and she would have died if we hadn't. Do you know what would have happened to her if she got covid with zero immune system? This is one of many examples.

Why do others have to suffer because of what unvaccinated people did to our critical care services? 

I am so so sick and tired of this ignorance.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

The obese, smokers and drinkers never caused us to give worse care in horrible conditions in cramp double-pendanted bedspaces, all because they know better than the greatest virologists in the world.

The obese, drinkers and smokers never made me admit an 18 year old girl with Leukemia into a room full of unvaccinated men in their 40s, because the system didn't allow otherwise and she would have died if we hadn't. Do you know what would have happened to her if she got covid with zero immune system? This is one of many examples.

Why do others have to suffer because of what unvaccinated people did to our critical care services? 

I am so so sick and tired of this ignorance.

As sad as those examples are, obesity puts a huge strain on the NHS, every single day, every single year. Not just from outcomes of this particular virus, but heart disease, diabetes and even cancer. It's literally terrifying, but we wouldn't dare to demonise over half the population for their poor life choices.

There is a fundamental difference between people not putting something in to their body because they're concerned about the impact it will have, and people putting anything in to their body because it gives them a fleeting hit of dopamine. One of them should absolutely not be held in any lower regard than the other if you're judging people.

1 minute ago, shade said:

As sad as those examples are, obesity puts a huge strain on the NHS, every single day, every single year. Not just from outcomes of this particular virus, but heart disease, diabetes and even cancer. It's literally terrifying, but we wouldn't dare to demonise over half the population for their poor life choices.

There is a fundamental difference between people not putting something in to their body because they're concerned about the impact it will have, and people putting anything in to their body because it gives them a fleeting hit of dopamine. One of them should absolutely not be held in any lower regard than the other if you're judging people.

Obesity (and other issues caused by unhealthy lifestyles) and the problems it/they cause, doesn't come in waves with wildly fluctuating cases though does it? You have a certain number of obese people, and it's likely that a certain percentage are going to be admitted at some point for heart problems/diabetes etc. The NHS will be able to plan for this

And as previously stated, they don't come in and people catch obesity off them

22 hours ago, Milo said:

Hmmm.

There’s a thousand odd pages of opinions on here. 

Did you join just to view the Coronavirus thread? 

Obviously not, I've been a visitor to this forum for years but have never joined, mainly due to the fear it will take up too much of my time. I get the feeling that you are implying I've commented just to cause trouble, I may be wrong. For clarication, I work in an educational setting and have stated my position to many members of staff and have had various responses. Hence, I thought I would get a wider view. 

Edited by Lcfcbl
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, shade said:

NHS figures show obesity costs £7 billion per year. Care for people with dementia costs the UK £34 billion per year according to the Alzheimer's society, and that is disproportionately affecting the people who were not fat. It's a nice happy idea that thin, fit people live long lives free of illness before dying peacefully in their sleep, but it's actually pretty rare for someone to die of old age without ever needing expensive care or treatment. 

Well, day 4 for me with Omicron and I’ve got to say, I think I feel worse than I did in October with what was probably Delta.

Nothing concerning at this stage, but they don’t quite feel like the same illness. For instance, in October it was the strangest feeling. I wasn’t overly sick, but the infection just wasn’t comparable to anything I’d ever experienced. Hard to describe really, but the tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist deep inside me started to consider that it may indeed be a man made virus because it simply felt incredibly alien to any other virus I’d experienced in my almost 40 years. Perhaps silly of me, but it didn’t feel natural.

But this time, it’s like proper man flu. Feels a lot more potent, but a hell of a lot more familiar. I guess it’s less severe because it isn’t attacking the respiratory system in the same way previous variants have, but it’s still knocked me on my arse. To further back this up, the mrs is absolutely fine (just like man flu yet again 😂)

I wondered if anybody else had a similar experience?

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Well, day 4 for me with Omicron and I’ve got to say, I think I feel worse than I did in October with what was probably Delta.

Nothing concerning at this stage, but they don’t quite feel like the same illness. For instance, in October it was the strangest feeling. I wasn’t overly sick, but the infection just wasn’t comparable to anything I’d ever experienced. Hard to describe really, but the tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist deep inside me started to consider that it may indeed be a man made virus because it simply felt incredibly alien to any other virus I’d experienced in my almost 40 years. Perhaps silly of me, but it didn’t feel natural.

But this time, it’s like proper man flu. Feels a lot more potent, but a hell of a lot more familiar. I guess it’s less severe because it isn’t attacking the respiratory system in the same way previous variants have, but it’s still knocked me on my arse. To further back this up, the mrs is absolutely fine (just like man flu yet again 😂)

I wondered if anybody else had a similar experience?

In our household it was the other way round. My wife was rough for a few days and the worst thing according to her was the constant banging headache that didn't shift (even with paracetamol). I on the other hand had a slight sniffle. As I mentioned above in this thread, I only had one positive LFT in 8 days of testing and it came about 4 or 5 days after symptoms started.

Potentially my body is able to fight it better or there is another reason. Or a combination. Hope you feel better soon.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Frustratingly still testing positive, on day 8 now with nothing more than a lingering tickle of a cough. 

The probability is that you are no longer infectious. You often will continue to test positive for days, possibly weeks after using a LFT.  PCR tests more so because they hunt out parts of viral RNA in our bodies and amplify it so they are detectable. Consequently they are extremely sensitive and can even locate the presence of few viral fragments. This is because they can remain in the body long after the infection is over and the virus has been cleared from our system.  

12 minutes ago, Line-X said:

The probability is that you are no longer infectious. You often will continue to test positive for days, possibly weeks after using a LFT.  PCR tests more so because they hunt out parts of viral RNA in our bodies and amplify it so they are detectable. Consequently they are extremely sensitive and can even locate the presence of few viral fragments. This is because they can remain in the body long after the infection is over and the virus has been cleared from our system.  

Yeah I'm assuming I'm no longer infectious. I'm sure the isolation period was 7 days? Not sure why its now 10 days unless you have 2 negative LFT tests after day 5 :dunno:

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Frustratingly still testing positive, on day 8 now with nothing more than a lingering tickle of a cough. 

I had that on day 6 but day 7 clear. So don’t worry. All I have is a very annoying stuffy feeling in the back of my nose but feel absolutely fine. Never really got very ill thank goodness

Isolation is 7 days with 2 clear LFTs. 

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Yeah I'm assuming I'm no longer infectious. I'm sure the isolation period was 7 days? Not sure why its now 10 days unless you have 2 negative LFT tests after day 5 :dunno:

I am sure it was 10 days before but you could test negative on Day 6 and Day 7 to get out early. Now it's Day 5 and Day 6 to get out early? It's all very confusing.

4 hours ago, Line-X said:

Next slide please :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Difference between being overweight, alcoholic, smokers or any of the other things mentioned is that all of those things require considerable time and effort to reverse, and possibly involve overcoming addictions.

Going from unvaccinated to vaccinated requires about an hours effort on 2 occasions six weeks apart.

• Like 4