Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Because everything this guy says is 100% scientific truth. 

lol I actually have come to the conclusion that you're trolling this thread for comic value and your own amusement...there's no other feasible explanation, other than the fact that you have some personal stake in this bollocks.

https://thefatemperor.com/

- It's the unashamed giant donation tab on these charlatan's sites that always amuses me so much. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Corky said:

Tested positive today, very mild symptoms (slightly bunged up). Hope it won't lead to anything serious (triple vaccinated) and can test negative after a few days :fc: 

So annoying.

It won't, you're tripled vaccinated. Feel better soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am hoping his question didn't come with the negative/nonsensical inference I fear it did. Get well soon.

Not at all, just curious. Just that only yesterday I discovered 2 friends of mine now have it, and both of them are thrice jabbed. One apparently has worse symptoms than the other.

• Like 1

Away from the issue of the Sue Gray report, an antiviral pill made by Pfizer, named Paxlovid, has been approved by the UK government. From next month the NHS will start using it to treat patients most at risk from Covid.

Clinical studies found the drug can cut the risk of hospital admission or death by 88% if given in the first five days of symptoms.

Health Secretary Sajid Javid called it an important milestone because the drug could potentially save thousands of lives

People considered to be at highest risk include those who are immunocompromised, cancer patients and those with Down's Syndrome. Anyone eligible to receive antiviral treatment should already have been notified by the NHS.

The European Commission has also just announced its approval of Paxlovid, meaning the pill will be available to EU member states.

From BBC. Could be hugely significant news I think. Almost halves the number of people who need hospital treatment and die from it.

Edited by Sampson

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Away from the issue of the Sue Gray report, an antiviral pill made by Pfizer, named Paxlovid, has been approved by the UK government. From next month the NHS will start using it to treat patients most at risk from Covid.

Clinical studies found the drug can cut the risk of hospital admission or death by 88% if given in the first five days of symptoms.

Health Secretary Sajid Javid called it an important milestone because the drug could potentially save thousands of lives

People considered to be at highest risk include those who are immunocompromised, cancer patients and those with Down's Syndrome. Anyone eligible to receive antiviral treatment should already have been notified by the NHS.

The European Commission has also just announced its approval of Paxlovid, meaning the pill will be available to EU member states.

From BBC. Could be hugely significant news I think. Almost halves the number of people who need hospital treatment and die from it.

Nirmatrelvir - trade, 'Paxlovid'. Yeah, these are the first shipments of the antiviral drugs ordered from Pfizer last year. It seems that they have arrived as pledged in January. I would expect this to be another diversionary tactic in addition to the vaccination roll out used next Wednesday in PM questions time. 

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am hoping his question didn't come with the negative/nonsensical inference I fear it did. Get well soon.

Thank you. 

Feeling a lot worse tonight but guessing it's just like most viruses tend to feel worse at night.

Main symptoms are itchy eyes, sneezing and runny nose but worst of all is the aching all over. 

None of the cough or temperature like last time so a lot easier to deal with.

11 hours ago, Rain King said:

@Costock_Fox

Second time. Last had it end of October, early November.

Youngest son also has it now.

It's almost as if omnicron is an entirely different illness. 

The vaccines are next to useless against it. Prior infection too. The symptoms entirely different to Delta etc

I was speaking to a business contact in Germany who was surprised and intrigued that the UK public tend to differentiate between omnicron and 'proper' covid (I personally always make clear I've had omnicronand not the bad version). Apparently Germans make no distinction

Big demo today in Ottawa Canada today as the 50 thousand  strong trucker convey rolls in to the city. The week long convey has crossed the country with 10's of thousands cheering them on from the roadside. The message is simple, no to any mandates. As per usual the media have played it down but the scenes tell another story.  

Edited by Soup
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soup said:

Big demo today in Ottawa Canada today as the 50 thousand  strong trucker convey rolls in to the city. The week long convey has crossed the country with 10's of thousands cheering them on from the roadside. The message is simple, no to any mandates. As per usual the media have played it down but the scenes tell another story.  

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/freedom-convoy-guinness/

50,000?

Interesting.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Haha of course it will be downplayed mate this is how it works and Trudeau is doing everything he can to cover it up. In fairness it's not  complete end to end convey as trucks have been joining all week. But it is huge and the message is clear. 

Also that fact check is correct about some being vaccinated, it's not about that. It's all about choice which I'm sure you're aware of .

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Soup said:

Haha of course it will be downplayed mate this is how it works and Trudeau is doing everything he can to cover it up. In fairness it's not  complete end to end convey as trucks have been joining all week. But it is huge and the message is clear. 

Also that fact check is correct about some being vaccinated, it's not about that. It's all about choice which I'm sure you're aware of .

It's not being downplayed, it's just that 50,000 is factually inaccurate. The truth matters.

And yes, choice matters.

The choice to not get vaccinated matters.

The choice of those in society to limit the subsequent damage those unvaccinated people do to healthcare infrastructure and in general matters just as much.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

It's not being downplayed, it's just that 50,000 is factually inaccurate. The truth matters.

And yes, choice matters.

The choice do not get vaccinated matters.

The choice of those in society to limit the subsequent damage those unvaccinated people do to healthcare infrastructure and in general matters just as much.

You say truth matters and of course it does but when the MSM say it's more like 100 trucks then what is the truth anymore. 100 trucks is laughable from the videos. OK the 50k might not be spot on either but 100?

Mate I respect you but you've written that last paragraph on here many times. I'm guessing you agree with mandates then? Or is it just in certain settings?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

It's almost as if omnicron is an entirely different illness. 

The vaccines are next to useless against it. Prior infection too. The symptoms entirely different to Delta etc

I was speaking to a business contact in Germany who was surprised and intrigued that the UK public tend to differentiate between omnicron and 'proper' covid (I personally always make clear I've had omnicronand not the bad version). Apparently Germans make no distinction

Boosters have ensured omicron hasn’t been a disaster and somehow levelled off hospitalisations at a point where it’s still manageable within the health service. 

It’s never been about infection. It’s all always been about keeping people out of hospital. 

You look at somewhere like Denmark with its high vaccination/booster take up and they have their lowest ICU admissions in two years. Hence in a position to completely rid restrictions 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Soup said:

You say truth matters and of course it does but when the MSM say it's more like 100 trucks then what is the truth anymore. 100 trucks is laughable from the videos. OK the 50k might not be spot on either but 100?

Mate I respect you but you've written that last paragraph on here many times. I'm guessing you agree with mandates then? Or is it just in certain settings?

it’s a lot closer to 100 than 50,000!  Isn’t that the point? 

if it was 500 then that would be remarkable but would still be 49,500 short of your post and 3/400 more than msm has reported ……. can you see the difference in the scale ???

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

it’s a lot closer to 100 than 50,000!  Isn’t that the point? 

if it was 500 then that would be remarkable but would still be 49,500 short of your post and 3/400 more than msm has reported ……. can you see the difference in the scale ???

Is it? Do you have the official figures? 

4 minutes ago, Soup said:

Is it? Do you have the official figures? 

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/theres-a-lot-of-trucks-in-freedom-convoy-2022-but-not-nearly-50000

A convoy passing through Thunder Bay, Ont. on Thursday contained just 113 trucks and 276 private cars , according to a count by the Ontario Provincial Police.

When one of the bigger convoys passed through Kingston, Ont., the Kingston Police counted 17 full tractor trailers and 104 tractors without trailers. When adding in passenger vehicles and RVs, the convoy’s total size was 551 vehicles.

Thus far, Ottawa Police is expecting that the total number of Freedom Convoy vehicles will top out at between 1,000 and 2,000.