Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is that irony or is he really stoopid ?? 

What @Line-X said.

I'd add, to clarify the point being made for anyone who might require it on this thread: the same scientific method is responsible for the way we engineer vehicles and deduce the average temperature trends of the globe and the way we develop and manufacture vaccines against any disease that might require them.

One doesn't get to pick and choose a particular discovery to display a lack of trust in while saying the rest isn't a problem. Either the method as a whole is right about what we know about the world or it isn't.

On 29/01/2022 at 17:27, pazzerfox said:

Apologies, but what's the relevance of this story to this thread?

There's no evidence at all that the vaccines cause aortic stenosis, if that was what you were trying suggest.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Parafox said:

There's no evidence at all that the vaccines cause aortic stenosis, if that was what you were trying suggest.

There is no evidence that the vaccines don’t cause anything beyond 18 months ! 

the conspiracists have an open goal to shoot at and those that want to lap it up will do so …..

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I don't think either covid or the vaccine were even mentioned in the article were they? 

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

I don't think either covid or the vaccine were even mentioned in the article were they? 

No they weren't, which is why I questioned the relevance. It seemed a bit of an odd post to include in this thread.

I see some really horrible people attend the protests in Canada. The vocal protests regards anti vaxxers reslly need to rid themselves of such ignorant willy pullers. Similarly occurring in Germany. I perfectly understand the need to protest and where the view comes from but people waving a Nazi flag is not on. 

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Looks like there is going to be a u turn on mandatory vaccines for NHS and care home staff due to the numbers dropping out .

There will be. Irrespective of anyone's stance on this, it's yet another lever that BJ can tug to divert attention. Was it 56 Tory MPs that voted against this? What measures do you take to appease the current sizeable rebellion in your party? That's one more of them. Also expect the Brexit Freedoms Bill to feature very heavily in the PM's rhetoric this week. 

13 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Whatever the reason for the u turn, it’s the right decision. It’s just a pity it was ever going to be implemented in the first place. The mandate was always wrong. 

This is true. The mandate was unnecessary, because healthcare workers - by the definition of the job they are in helping people - should be motivated to protect themselves and the people they are trying to help by getting vaccinated in the first place.

• Like 1

For anyone questioning whether to get the Vaccine or not, it's entirely your choice of course, but I would urge you to do so.  To keep yourself safe. not for the greater good. 

I posted a few weeks back about a family member who was in hospital and unvaccinated.  Unfortunately, they haven't made it.  The damage that Covid has done to their lungs is irreparable and as a result, they've suffered strokes in the last few days. 

They are turning the ventilator off to let nature take it's course. 

Omicron MAY be a less deadly strain of the virus, but it is still deadly to some.  And here's the thing, you have no way of knowing if it's deadly to you until it's too late. 

A big foxes fan who is gone to soon.  Please don't let it be you next.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 5

Covid pays its fifth visit to our household 

the un boosted 26 y o and my boosted wife (infected for the third time!)  …… as others have mused, do some people have a pre disposition to being infected???

whilst negative on LFT, I do have gentle symptoms of a cold (I don’t do ‘gentle’ colds btw) …….

an interesting few days upcoming ….. done the school sandwiches - now for the walk ………

• Sad 1

The same mRNA technology used in Pfizer-BioNTech’s and Moderna’s Covid vaccines will have significant potential in the treatment of cancer. Instead of teaching the body to target the coronavirus, it can be directed at cancer cells instead. 

The principle behind an mRNA vaccine be that for a virus or for cancer cells, is to use the genetic material to train the immune system to target a specific protein. For the coronavirus, it’s the spike protein on the surface of the virus. For cancer, it could be a protein on the surface of a tumor cell. Once the immune system learns to recognize the protein, it can create antibodies or T cells that fight and destroy it, along with the cells that carry it. Messenger mRNA has a unique chemical property and ultimately a very simple code that you can apply to any protein or peptide of interest - the implications of that are enormous.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-09-03-vaccine-treating-cancer-made-possible-using-oxford-covid-vaccine-technology

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Finally had a positive test this morning.

Feel ok, hopefully will continue to be the case.

Reported the test, and entered the code on the app and says "Isolate for 11 days" - I thought isolation rules were less than this now?

Fortunately nothing major planned in the next week or so and working from home anyway so no major inconvenience (at the moment!)

49 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Finally had a positive test this morning.

Feel ok, hopefully will continue to be the case.

Reported the test, and entered the code on the app and says "Isolate for 11 days" - I thought isolation rules were less than this now?

Fortunately nothing major planned in the next week or so and working from home anyway so no major inconvenience (at the moment!)

Your isolation period starts tomorrow if you tested positive today.

If you get two negative tests on days 5 and 6 (will be Wednesday and Thursday for you) you can leave self-isolation.

15 minutes ago, Corky said:

If you get two negative tests on days 5 and 6 (will be Wednesday and Thursday for you) you can leave self-isolation.

Thanks mate - will see you on the other side (hopefully!)

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Why does isolation start tomorrow ?  Surely it should start from when you first experience symptoms (or the test if asymptomatic) ? 

I think we’re at the stage where you test positive, wait a few days for your symptoms to go and then two days of neg LFT’s mean that you can leave isolation.  for most people, that will be day 5/6 …..