Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Why does isolation start tomorrow ?  Surely it should start from when you first experience symptoms (or the test if asymptomatic) ? 

I think we’re at the stage where you test positive, wait a few days for your symptoms to go and then two days of neg LFT’s mean that you can leave isolation.  for most people, that will be day 5/6 …..

All I know is that when I took my positive test the isolation period started the next day.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Why does isolation start tomorrow ?  Surely it should start from when you first experience symptoms (or the test if asymptomatic) ? 

I think we’re at the stage where you test positive, wait a few days for your symptoms to go and then two days of neg LFT’s mean that you can leave isolation.  for most people, that will be day 5/6 …..

That’s what I’ve done, tbh. 

Wife and eldest both tested positive a couple of weeks ago. (Wife was negative on LFT, but showed symptoms so went for a PCR which came back positive).

I started feeling rough last Thursday - was negative on LFT until Monday, then positive. Tested everyday since and have just had my second negative, so back to work. 

Done well to dodge the fecker for a couple of years, but now triple jabbed and had it so should be good for a bit. :fc:

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Isolation starts immediately but the 10 full days count starts at midnight following.  If you get the test at 3 pm on the 1st of the month, you are "free" at midnight at the end of the 11th, not at 3 pm on the 11th.

1 hour ago, Milo said:

That’s what I’ve done, tbh. 

Wife and eldest both tested positive a couple of weeks ago. (Wife was negative on LFT, but showed symptoms so went for a PCR which came back positive).

I started feeling rough last Thursday - was negative on LFT until Monday, then positive. Tested everyday since and have just had my second negative, so back to work. 

Done well to dodge the fecker for a couple of years, but now triple jabbed and had it so should be good for a bit. :fc:

Isn’t there a suspicion that at least some LFTs aren’t very good at detecting omicron?

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

Isn’t there a suspicion that at least some LFTs aren’t very good at detecting omicron?

Possibly. 

It wasn't a huge drama, tbh.

She knew that there was covid in the house, and had mild symptoms so erred on the side of caution and got a PCR. 

LFT's showed positive for my eldest and me.  

I had a bizarre conversation with a bloke on FB earlier. I know him a little, he did a bit of work on our house last year. 

He's quoted a tragic story of a poor child who apparently had a cardiac arrest at a soft play centre and died a couple of days ago in the UK. His comments were that 'we need to stop this madness' 

I asked what madness, soft play for children? Then he went on about how 'they' won't admit to deaths from the vaccine, and 'they' won't report it in the news. I pointed out to him that only the most vulnerable children of that age are being vaccinated in the UK, and the newspaper article made absolutely no mention of the vaccine, so he is just making stuff up, and he told me there's been hundreds of similar deaths of children from the vaccine worldwide and the truth will soon be out :blink:

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I had a bizarre conversation with a bloke on FB earlier. I know him a little, he did a bit of work on our house last year. 

He's quoted a tragic story of a poor child who apparently had a cardiac arrest at a soft play centre and died a couple of days ago in the UK. His comments were that 'we need to stop this madness' 

I asked what madness, soft play for children? Then he went on about how 'they' won't admit to deaths from the vaccine, and 'they' won't report it in the news. I pointed out to him that only the most vulnerable children of that age are being vaccinated in the UK, and the newspaper article made absolutely no mention of the vaccine, so he is just making stuff up, and he told me there's been hundreds of similar deaths of children from the vaccine worldwide and the truth will soon be out :blink:

It would be tragically hilarious if such misinformed beliefs weren't so widespread and having the very clear effect of sowing mistrust in the scientific consensus and dividing humanity right when it most needs to be united.

That makes it both aggravating and scary in equal measure, rather than funny.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

dividing humanity right when it most needs to be united.

That makes it both aggravating and scary in equal measure, rather than funny.

On the 'war' thread we currently have several far right blog sites that the member posting them clearly regards as impartial and objective sources of information. Utterly bewilders me. 

8 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Finally had a positive test this morning.

Feel ok, hopefully will continue to be the case.

Reported the test, and entered the code on the app and says "Isolate for 11 days" - I thought isolation rules were less than this now?

Fortunately nothing major planned in the next week or so and working from home anyway so no major inconvenience (at the moment!)

This is from the official Government website. Day 1 if you had no symptoms is the day following your test result.

The self-isolation advice for people with coronavirus (COVID-19) has changed. It is now possible to end self-isolation after 5 full days if you have 2 negative LFD tests taken on consecutive days. The first LFD test should not be taken before the fifth day after your symptoms started (or the day your test was taken if you did not have symptoms). The self-isolation period remains 10 full days for those without negative results from 2 LFD tests taken a day apart.

Is there an agenda on this forum by moderators? 

I posted a reply about the 20% of premier league players that aren’t jabbed and posted now about a medical emergency at the Palace game - neither factually incorrect, both posts deleted. 

Free speech…

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I posted a reply about the 20% of premier league players that aren’t jabbed and posted now about a medical emergency at the Palace game - neither factually incorrect, both posts deleted. 

Free speech…

Did the medical emergency at the game have anything to do with Covid? If not it doesn't belong in this thread 

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

Free speech…

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

There definitely seems to be a link between people with long covid and heart issues. 

41 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Did the medical emergency at the game have anything to do with Covid? If not it doesn't belong in this thread 

‘medical emergencies’ at football matches used to be dealt with as the game continued. That has changed - hence we are aware of such incidents when we didn’t used to be.  

Just now, st albans fox said:

‘medical emergencies’ at football matches used to be dealt with as the game continued. That has changed - hence we are aware of such incidents when we didn’t used to be.  

I agree it just makes me laugh when thickos suggest it is linked to a vaccine without a hint of irony 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Yes thankfully most of us seem to be aware, but it does seem to have bypassed the free thinkers. Maybe it wasn't announced on a YouTube video?