Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

100% confirm that covid exposure (well the Italian strain) can cause brain function impairment. 

no way is my cognitive ability anything like as sharp as it was a couple, years back - especially mental arithmetic. 

my lungs are also fooked - actually dreading getting them checked out because I know how breathless I get climbing a couple of staircases compared with how it used to be.  

however, perhaps alpha and strains beyond were less dangerous to the organs ??? Let’s hope so ……

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

100% confirm that covid exposure (well the Italian strain) can cause brain function impairment. 

no way is my cognitive ability anything like as sharp as it was a couple, years back - especially mental arithmetic. 

my lungs are also fooked - actually dreading getting them checked out because I know how breathless I get climbing a couple of staircases compared with how it used to be.  

however, perhaps alpha and strains beyond were less dangerous to the organs ??? Let’s hope so ……

Can you 100% confirm that this is down to Covid exposure or having the jab?

1 hour ago, I am Rod Hull said:

Can you 100% confirm that this is down to Covid exposure or having the jab?

Well, since St Albans was exposed to the virus before the alpha variant which was long before the vaccine existed, it would hardly be the jab, would it. 

Or have I been whooshed?  Perhaps that was your point.

Edited by dsr-burnley

18 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Well, since St Albans was exposed to the virus before the alpha variant which was long before the vaccine existed, it would hardly be the jab, would it. 

Or have I been whooshed?  Perhaps that was your point.

But maybe my ‘long covid’ was vaccine induced (wasnt btw) ……whilst rod is probably messing, it does illustrate how easy it is to muddy the waters 

6 hours ago, Line-X said:

There's enough doom in the world without resurrecting this thread, but I'll do it anyway. 

In the first major study to compare brain scans of people before and after they catch Covid, research from Oxford University has found strong evidence that the virus can result in decreased brain function which would explain reports of brain fog and cognitive difficulty associated with long covid. A comparison of MRI scans showed up to a 2% shrinkage and tissue damage related to regions linked to smell and mental capacities months after subjects tested positive. Since the brain to some extent has the capacity to heal itself further study is required to assess whether these effects are temporary or permanent. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-022-04569-5

Remember, "it's just the flu" folks. 

Influenza can cause brain fog and memory issues too, along with other neural issues 

6 hours ago, danny. said:

Influenza can cause brain fog and memory issues too, along with other neural issues 

Yes, in its severest form indeed it can, we were just discussing that. I'm not aware of brain shrinkage though, nor in the case of this study, the high rate of incidence including tissue damage following relatively mild cases. It's of particular interest following the brain fog experienced by long covid sufferers. 

Read the paper, the findings are fascinating. 

Omicron has raised a little hell over here now - around 350000 cases projected for today. Does coincide pretty well with the lifting of restrictions as of last week, though I think Omicron makes a mockery of all but the most draconian measures anyway.

Deaths and intensive care cases on the rise too, though not quite surpassing the New Year peak yet.

Think omicron and the vaccines have reassured people enough to get on with their lives really. Vaccines on the whole have worked and omicron is now dominant and shown it has mutated into something much less deadly.

I knew barely anyone who'd had covid before omicron and during covid I knew loads of people who'd had it and no one I knew got really badly sick (though they'd all been fully vaxxed). 

I think after a couple of years living in fear most felt like omicron and the vaccines were the threshold to get life back to normal again. I've basically been living like normal since the new year really when everyone had their booster.

I'm sure stories will come back next winter but mainly to remind people to get their booster. Every winter afterwards the covid stories will probably become less and less visible too,

Of course the war also helped shift everyone's attention.

Edited by Sampson

Sadly, the virus itself, particularly Omicron, is a type of vaccine. That is it creates both B-cell and T-cell immunity and it’s done a better job of getting out to the world population than we have with vaccines.

2 hours ago, Soup said:

Sadly, the virus itself, particularly Omicron, is a type of vaccine. That is it creates both B-cell and T-cell immunity and it’s done a better job of getting out to the world population than we have with vaccines.

Sadly? What, really?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soup said:

What are you on about,  the vius as killed many millions around the world,  we are only seeing numbers reduce due to man made vaccines.  Those that recieve their immunity from getting the virus did not die when they had the virus,  so cannot be said to be protecting them now. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Soup said:

Wtf

47 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Sadly? What, really?

I'm glad you picked up on the word 'sadly' as I did the same. That paragraph was spoken recently by Bill Gates, when most of the world celebrated more Covid immunity he  actually sounds disappointed. 

Edited by Soup
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

What are you on about,  the vius as killed many millions around the world,  we are only seeing numbers reduce due to man made vaccines.  Those that recieve their immunity from getting the virus did not die when they had the virus,  so cannot be said to be protecting them now. 

20 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Wtf

Sorry guys just messing about. Obviously Gates saying  it makes it more of an acceptable thing to say?

Edited by Soup
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Soup said:

I'm glad you picked up on the word 'sadly' as I did the same. That paragraph was spoken recently by Bill Gates, when most of the world celebrated more Covid immunity he  actually sounds disappointed. 

Makes one wonder about his real motives.

• Like 3

It does make we worry about how these multi-billionaires and their wealth can influence world politics to the point where we, the ordinary peeps, have absolutely no way of challenging the mighty power of money over freedom.

There's something somewhere that says " money is the root of all evil". It could be from the bible. It's not wrong though.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Parafox said:

It does make we worry about how these multi-billionaires and their wealth can influence world politics to the point where we, the ordinary peeps, have absolutely no way of challenging the mighty power of money over freedom.

There's something somewhere that says " money is the root of all evil". It could be from the bible. It's not wrong though.

You're not wrong in money means power, and power very often corrupts.

However, I'll repeat here what I've said before: I don't buy into much of the conspirational angle on this particular matter or any other concerning acts of nature, and that's because no one human, or even a group of humans, no matter how rich or influential, can truly control an act of nature like Covid. The multiple mutations that have kept us hopping from one foot to the next are proof of that. As such, these influential people, if they're so interested in control, would be pretty stupid to use an element that they are well aware is in fact beyond their own element to control as a means of doing so instead of using a much more comfortable human-shaped boogeyman like the latest terrorist threat.

Edited by leicsmac

49 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Makes one wonder about his real motives.

Oh come on! All he’s saying is that it’s sad that people had to catch the virus to gain their immunity rather than getting it in a less dangerous way via the vaccine because the rollout of vaccines wasn’t fast enough, particularly to places like Africa.

Difficult enough to keep one’s sanity in this thread with the misinformation merchants spraying bullshit & conspiracy around, without an ostensibly sensible poster like yourself falling for it.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

9 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Oh come on! All he’s saying is that it’s sad that people had to catch the virus to gain their immunity rather than getting it in a less dangerous way via the vaccine because the rollout of vaccines wasn’t fast enough, particularly to places like Africa.

Difficult enough to keep one’s sanity in this thread with the misinformation merchants spraying bullshit & conspiracy around, without an ostensibly sensible poster like yourself falling for it.

Fair enough and having watched it again whilst being more alert, I get the point regarding the rollout delay and that's the "sad" he was referring to.

I did wonder at first, whether he was sad due to his foundation's involvement in the development of the vaccines and the resulting loss of income due to their success but again, I was likely mistaken as I think now, that his foundation wasn't making money from it.

• Like 1