Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

35 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Madness. We could in the near future be at war and we're still shoving things up our noses from an ally of the country we could be at war with.

If we end up at war with China I would submit that the stuff they make will be rather low on the list of priorities.

Of course, the war itself would be a stupid distraction too, as war almost always is.

57 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

i assume you are referring to china.... best send your mobile phone back then - probably manufactured in china.... if you have a games console, or an android TV box, chuck those in the bin. 

??? no-one, as far as i'm aware, is shoving a mobile phone or android tv up their nose are they.

There is an argument for allowing covid to have just ripped through the population and its that the daily mail editor would have been more exposed to possible death …… (not serious for those who are upset - maybe you could pop round and give me a slap!) 

Edited by st albans fox

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There is an argument for allowing covid to have just ripped through the population and its that the daily mail editor would have been more exposed to possible death …… (not serious for those who are upset - maybe you could pop round and give me a slap!) 

I thought you were going to say herd immunity. Took a cheeky plot twist

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

??? no-one, as far as i'm aware, is shoving a mobile phone or android tv up their nose are they.

So tell me what the problem is with a Lateral Flow Test? Are you assuming some form of subversive plot? Do you think they are lacing them with a virus or planning to control us somehow? 

14 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

So tell me what the problem is with a Lateral Flow Test? Are you assuming some form of subversive plot? Do you think they are lacing them with a virus or planning to control us somehow? 

Well, you know those Chinese...always scheming and devious.

.....Right?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Hope you guys are all right. I get the impression that if fully vaccinated you’d be extremely unlucky to have a really severe illness.

Seems so.  I had it an felt a bit rough for 2 days and tired for 2 more.  My Mum (age 89) had it and coughed for a few days and felt rough for a week (but then, she often does with or without an infection!).  My brother had it for the second time in 10 weeks and had a slight headache for 2 hours.

It's now taken for granted (rightly or wrongly) that the sufferer will not be badly ill unless they are already seriously old or unwell.  

One good thing about having it - I now have a certificate to say I can go to America having recovered from covid, rather than having to have a test on the day before and keeping fingers crossed.  Good for peace of mind!

My Dad has months to live after being diagnosed with bowel cancer.

Hes on palliative care now after being sent from pillar to post for months after his original diagnosis which was that they were going to operate.
4 months later there is nothing they can do.

He slipped through the net because of covid which were the consultants actual words.

Its heartbreaking for my mum and all the family and I dread to think how many thousands of people are in the same boat.

• Sad 16

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

My Dad has months to live after being diagnosed with bowel cancer.

Hes on palliative care now after being sent from pillar to post for months after his original diagnosis which was that they were going to operate.
4 months later there is nothing they can do.

He slipped through the net because of covid which were the consultants actual words.

Its heartbreaking for my mum and all the family and I dread to think how many thousands of people are in the same boat.

Sorry to hear that …and you’re right - it’s going to be tens of thousands….. I expect we’ll all know someone or a friend of someone who will be taken earlier than needed to be the case.  So very sad ………

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Hope you guys are all right. I get the impression that if fully vaccinated you’d be extremely unlucky to have a really severe illness.

Thanks, my symptoms are: bad head, aches, changes to taste, slight sore throat and the odd bit of fever/temperature change....oh yes and cramp in my feet which hurts like b*stard!😂

My chest/breathing is fine though, so I'm happy about that 👍 I've been banished to only 2 rooms though...neither of which has a TV...so I'm catching up on listening to some classic albums.

21 minutes ago, Flamey said:

Thanks, my symptoms are: bad head, aches, changes to taste, slight sore throat and the odd bit of fever/temperature change....oh yes and cramp in my feet which hurts like b*stard!😂

My chest/breathing is fine though, so I'm happy about that 👍 I've been banished to only 2 rooms though...neither of which has a TV...so I'm catching up on listening to some classic albums.

Might be a bit out there but move a TV in to one of them rooms. 

Hope you feel better soon. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Might be a bit out there but move a TV in to one of them rooms. 

Hope you feel better soon

Thank you.

As for the TV.

It would certainly make sense! :thumbup: But they are both wall mounted so I really can't be asked!

On 31/03/2022 at 21:47, Flamey said:

Sounds very similar to me - had the foot cramps in bed last night, which was (briefly) acutely painful. Have had two very sweaty nights too.

• Sad 1