Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Malta used to require one dose of vaccine as well as proof of recovery, and not just the proof of recovery certificate, but I don't know if that's changed. 

It changed yesterday. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Raj said:

My son tested positive on a LFT last Wednesday so has been off school.

Hes 8 and is fine apart from the usual stuff kids have.

My Mrs tested today before she went work and shes positive too!

It's her first time!

She works with vulnerable  adults so did the right thing and is teaching from home.

We are planned to fly out to Malta in 2 weeks.

My son needs a negative  PCR test prior to departure so we are fecked now as hes bound to test positive. The rest of us are all vaccinated  so we can all have covid but the vaccinated DONT need additional tests, just my 8 year old!

It's stupid!!!

He won't test positive in 2 weeks. Use the 24 hour turnaround PCR as a diagnosis test rather than proof of recovery and you'll be fine

EDIT: Ignore me - I just read the rules for Malta and I can see negative tests aren't accepted

Edited by Houdini Logic

Managed to avoid this bloody thing for 2 years but finally tested positive yesterday. Knew I was coming down with something on Saturday when I was shivering like mad despite it not being that cold. Supposed to be heading to Hamburg on my stag next Friday :mad:

Has anyone used their covid recovery cert when going through the airport? I have a barcode for it plus my 3 vaccinations. Its full belt and braces but don't fancy any problems at the airport when checking this stuff, off to Portugal on friday subject to BA not cancelling the flight!

19 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Really hope the whole travelling abroad thing becomes a lot easier in the near future. It's a joke how many rings you have to jump through/having to be vaccinated etc. 

It depends where you're going really. Spain is fairly straightforward and has a couple of options for unvaccinated people

22 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Has anyone used their covid recovery cert when going through the airport? I have a barcode for it plus my 3 vaccinations. Its full belt and braces but don't fancy any problems at the airport when checking this stuff, off to Portugal on friday subject to BA not cancelling the flight!

I'm going on holiday tomorrow using the recovery QR so I'll let you know how it goes!

45 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

It depends where you're going really. Spain is fairly straightforward and has a couple of options for unvaccinated people

I'm going on holiday tomorrow using the recovery QR so I'll let you know how it goes!

Please do, presume you had covid in the last 180 days which has generated the barcode?

7 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Please do, presume you had covid in the last 180 days which has generated the barcode?

Yep, that's it. You download your covid pass and it includes your entry for recovery.

I uploaded it yesterday as part of the Spanish Locator form and it was accepted so I now have a (different) QR to enter Spain

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Thought Portugal is just your nhs vaccination confirmation  and that's all?

Our Malta entry requirements  is bloody stupid for my 9 year old son!!!

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Really hope the whole travelling abroad thing becomes a lot easier in the near future. It's a joke how many rings you have to jump through/having to be vaccinated etc. 

It is pretty chilled now tbf, almost back to normal, where are you going that is causing you problems?

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Spain not allowing the unvaccinated in now... really? When are we gonna get over the whole "have you had your vaccine?" bollocks. 

Sorry, what was that you said, in another thread, about conspiracy theorists?

Their country, their rules I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Spain not allowing the unvaccinated in now... really? When are we gonna get over the whole "have you had your vaccine?" bollocks. 

Spain haven't let unvaccinated people in for a while now, I haven't seen two of my children since October, but now they're fully vaccinated and they're coming out on Tuesday :)

My eldest is still refusing to have it done and apparently not being able to come out and visit his Mum isn't a strong enough argument to convince him lol

• Like 1

Had Rona this week, was in bed first 2 days couldn't move took some cold and flu tabs one morning woke up an hour later dripping thought was going to feint, massive headache for two days, backache, legache, dizziness, cold fever etc..  feeling loads better now though thankfully. (no vaccinations) 

Edited by whoareyaaa

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Question is, how contagious am I?

Cough on someone, wait a few days and see what happens.

Probably not very based on every country deciding 10 days isolation was enough.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

My mate cancelled his 2nd jab when they announced it, now hasn’t got time to get the jab prior to going. Needs to catch COVID today and upload a test in order to get a COVID recovery pass in time for us to go:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

you aren't - studies have shown that omicron isn't very transmissible beyond three days

infact i believe that schools are changing their policy after easter to make it only three days isolation rather than five 

This assumes I have omicron, of course.... well, I hope I do.

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm still testing strongly positive after 10 days - wondering if I have either a new variant or just a highly tenacious rendition.

I had a really strong positive 9 days later, but it then soon disappeared after 11. The odd thing was all the way through I had the darkest line I’d ever seen, yet symptoms (luckily) were very minimal. I was able to work at home and just felt a bit more tired in the evenings.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Had the letter through today asking me to book to get my 11 year old vaccinated.

I have no issue with vaccinations, treble jabbed myself etc but I have some uncertainty about getting him jabbed and I can't really say why.

Has he had all his childhood vaccinations?