Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yep, people get the flu all the time which can also be fatal and we have learnt to live with that. As I’ve already said, we have to learn to live with it. 

You're not allowed to compare it with flu on here. People get really touchy about it. 

The Government and some parts of the media have done that good a job of scaring people, even those who have been doubled jabbed are scared sh1tless and want to selfishly impose restrictions on those who want to get on with life. 

• Like 1

Watched the briefing today and loved it when Witty repeatedly beat back journalists with positive science and statistics. Lovely step change in approach and good to see acceptance that we're moving into a new stage of this. Interesting to note at well they were labeling it as an "epidemic" rather than a "pandemic" now.

• Like 3

Just now, Otis said:

You're not allowed to compare it with flu on here. People get really touchy about it. 

The Government and some parts of the media have done that good a job of scaring people, even those who have been doubled jabbed are scared sh1tless and want to selfishly impose restrictions on those who want to get on with life. 

Its not like the flu ……that’s why people get shirty …..

but we’ve got to come to terms with living with it …..the lack of summer restrictions post the 19th may not be what we have in place come oct/nov ……. It depends on how many of the ‘non believers’ decide to get vaccinated ……

16 minutes ago, Otis said:

It is like the flu, but also different in fairly significant ways. Which people who describe it as "flu" seem to forget. 

41 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’m glad that things will be eased in two weeks. I think on public transport I will still wear a mask, more for the fact you can only control your own common sense.

This isn’t going to go away and we have to learn to live with this, but there’s more than myself to think about. 

On the flip side it’ll be nice to feel free and have “normal life” before this in some sort, back. I’m also sure with the way we’ve been forced to live with in the last 16 months a lot of people will still be cautious about going back to pre COVID life, which is fair enough. 

The light is finally at the end of the tunnel. 

It's great things are being eased.

However, do think the complete removal on mask wearing could be a touch too soon. 

But, it's great to see that things will have some sort of norm shortly 

15 minutes ago, Otis said:

I’m sure some do and that’s their prerogative - In this case I’m simply saying we have learnt to live with the flu and we need to do so with this. The flu hospitalises & kills people. Most people can get over it, too. People have a flu jab. There’s no uproar. This virus is being managed with new information emerging each day. Everyone is different and will have their own opinion on it all which is fine. People will also believe what they want to believe because they always know best. It is what it is. 

I think a mask is more of a visual comfort for people, knowing you aren't going to have somebody go near you, cough, breathe unrestricted if you like.

They aren't a complete safety net but I certainly feel more settled when people near me are wearing them on public transport.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

A very strange niche has formed where people will bang on about the vaccines not being 100% effective, but will put total faith in masks that didn't stop the first two waves. Very strange.

For what it's worth, I'm double vaccinated and have been a huge promoter of having it. Purely believe masks can aid slightly and add visual comfort to those venturing out for the first time that there is some form of visible protection. 

Given there has been huge clamouring about masks In the media and by the Government, I don't think it's strange at all that they're wanted to remain. But anti-vaxxers will clamour for against no matter what. 

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I think a mask is more of a visual comfort for people, knowing you aren't going to have somebody go near you, cough, breathe unrestricted if you like.

They aren't a complete safety net but I certainly feel more settled when people near me are wearing them on public transport.

Very similar here. I'm fully aware the science behind them, but as you mentioned, the visual comfort is somewhat reassuring. 

• Like 1

Emma Raducanu seemingly experiencing breathing difficulties being told to put her mask on when being assessed by medics neatly encapsulates everything wrong with the ongoing Covid obsession.

Covid should not have been in anybody's mind at that moment. Surprised they didn't whack one on Christian Eriksen, or advise against CPR for fear of Covid transmission.

Edited by Nod.E

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Removing all restrictions with delta spreading so much will potentially put those who are anti vax in a fairly bad situation.  Hopefully those who can’t get vaccinated will continue to take effective precautions. 

Yeah and those that don't believe in a balanced diet will find themselves in a bad situation, too. Their problem.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

not sure that quite a fair comparison but as someone who could lose a few kilos, I won’t disagree …..

I think it is.

It's in your hands to make a change in the same way that those unvaccinated can take matters into their own hands by getting a jab.

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Removing all restrictions with delta spreading so much will potentially put those who are anti vax in a fairly bad situation.  Hopefully those who can’t get vaccinated will continue to take effective precautions. 

It's not that they 'can't' though. It's the fact they don't want to, which is their prerogative, but then they also therefore choose to live with the consequences as a result. It shouldn't impede or impinge on those that chose to get the vaccine en route to freedom... 

• Like 1

The best guide to whether the public want masks to be compulsory will be on the 19th, when we see how many people are wearing them in shops, on buses, etc.  Perhaps we should all keep a count.  (I suspect on the first day the numbers will be skewed towards majority no-masks because of people out celebrating.  Give it till Saturday 24th perhaps for a better assessment.)

I'll be ditching the mask. Can't stand them. I'll likely keep one with me out of habit and if I get on a bus or train and the vast majority are wearing them I'll stick it on. But I don't see that being the case. And if I get half way to the shops to realise my jeans are fresh out the wash and I'm maskless I won't have the utter ball ache of having to waltz all the way home to get it. 

2 hours ago, z-layrex said:

It's quite funny on the same day Boris is removing all restrictions and no one on my train to work was in a mask, I admit a desperately sick 23 year old with covid. Good thing it's all over July 19th.

And they say it doesn’t effect the young. Sad to here that.

Surely removing all restrictions will cause a situation where a new variant could/will form, which could be a massive game changer. Wasn’t the Delta variant a variation of the Alpha one when it spread round India? Might be wrong but I’m sure I read that some where 

This all seems like a big science experiment but without thought. 

Edited by fox_favourite

8 hours ago, Nod.E said:

I think it is.

It's in your hands to make a change in the same way that those unvaccinated can take matters into their own hands by getting a jab.

I was referencing the cants rather than the dont wants 

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's not that they 'can't' though. It's the fact they don't want to, which is their prerogative, but then they also therefore choose to live with the consequences as a result. It shouldn't impede or impinge on those that chose to get the vaccine en route to freedom... 

some can’t stan 

4 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

And they say it doesn’t effect the young. Sad to here that.

Surely removing all restrictions will cause a situation where a new variant could/will form, which could be a massive game changer. Wasn’t the Delta variant a variation of the Alpha one when it spread round India? Might be wrong but I’m sure I read that some where 

This all seems like a big science experiment but without thought. 

It’s possible but we can’t live our lives waiting for something that might happen …… you’ll find that positive tests will continue to be monitored closely for their gene sequencing etc and that way any variation will be picked up fairly quickly. Anyone who thinks this is 100% over is kidding themselves but hopefully we can navigate our way through any issues that may crop up without our lives being too adversely affected ……

20 hours ago, KFS said:

Yup all the while it’s a fvcking nightmare to travel in and out of the U.K. and the US isn’t even open to Europe still. Been lovely seeing pics of them all having wonderful times when I’ve still not seen my Mum for 18 months.

Said it a few weeks ago, time to end this all now :) 

Has anything changed recently? My partners auntie and her 4 children arrived in the uk at the weekend from St George, Utah.