Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

6 hours ago, Line-X said:

Ferguson again? Seriously, this fixation is beyond weird now. 

???? He's actually been all over the press today currently reassuring the public that although the case rate may continue to increase, that he expects death rates and hospitalisations to remain low and fully supports the government's decision to remove all restrictions. 

Crawl back under his stone? I'll ask again; and what of Toby Young's claims in the media that catching a cold could protect you from coronavirus? Ivor Cummins' proclamation that the real reason that daily deaths declined in the spring of 2020 was that the UK was reaching herd immunity meaning that the virus was running out of people to infect? - which you subsequently parroted on here. Or, Mike Yeadon's similarly ludicrous and reckless statement last December that London was approaching herd immunity? Which again, you felt the need to plaster all over this thread in the absence of any supporting evidence whatsoever. 

I find it most bizarre that you are in complete denial of these frankly absurd individuals and their personal opportunistic agendas whenever I broach it with you. 

You put things so much better than I do and with more evidence brought to bear. I’m quite sure if these people had been in charge, they would have killed hundreds of thousands. The amazing thing is that they never acknowledge their mistakes or retract their bullshit when it is patently revealed as such. Instead they double down or shift the goalposts.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

2 hours ago, Buce said:

I have a question: Is it possible to have a natural immunity to Covid? @z-layrex @Bryn

I ask because Mrs Buce has been exposed to it on numerous occasions at work (she works in elderly care) but has never tested positive.

I know someone whose kids had it but they didn’t despite obviously being very close. It s a strange one for sure, I suspect some people are much more susceptible to catch it.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2021 at 00:09, StanSP said:

It's not that they 'can't' though. It's the fact they don't want to, which is their prerogative, but then they also therefore choose to live with the consequences as a result. It shouldn't impede or impinge on those that chose to get the vaccine en route to freedom... 

It's not that they 'can't' though. It's the fact they don't want to...:dunno:

And what Medical qualifications & medicament expert qualifications do you have...??

Pray tell, and inform the vulnerable  the realities of life...

3 hours ago, Buce said:

I have a question: Is it possible to have a natural immunity to Covid? @z-layrex @Bryn

I ask because Mrs Buce has been exposed to it on numerous occasions at work (she works in elderly care) but has never tested positive.

It's certainly been mooted that some people don't get covid-19 coronavirus because they have had other forms oc coronavirus often enough in the past (ie. some sorts of colds) and their bodies have developed immunity, even though others may have had the same colds and not developed immunity.  Possibly a function of the same sort of reason why some people never seem to get colds and others get everything that's going - different people, different immune systems.

I don't think it's been proved, but I don't think it's been disproved either.

55 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Controversial……..

Nah, despotic authoritarian regimes always like to release a bioweapon that causes as much economic and social damage to themselves as other parties, because they don't value self preservation at all.

......right?

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Controversial……..

7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Nah, despotic authoritarian regimes always like to release a bioweapon that causes as much economic and social damage to themselves as other parties, because they don't value self preservation at all.

......right?

I never said intentionally …. although …. if it damages the economies of others more than theirs …. ???

Anyway …. next they’ll be building loads and loads of nuclear silos and threatening to ‘bash the  heads in’ of anyone that stands in their way ..    let’s hope the ageing supreme ruler (who now dresses in his Mao suit instead of western clothes) doesn’t want to try them out too …. :)

41 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I never said intentionally …. although …. if it damages the economies of others more than theirs …. ???

Anyway …. next they’ll be building loads and loads of nuclear silos and threatening to ‘bash the  heads in’ of anyone that stands in their way ..    let’s hope the ageing supreme ruler (who now dresses in his Mao suit instead of western clothes) doesn’t want to try them out too …. :)

Considering their economy relies on being able to sell stuff to Western countries, hurting those economies hurts them too.

I'm sure that they're building nuclear silos and I'm also sure they'll engage in some typically  belligerent sabre rattling to go with it...but it's all mouth and no trousers, because they know as well as anyone else how that ends.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I see the tories are doing the wrong thing again.

Heralding the 19th as ‘Freedom day’ is going to send out completely the wrong message to everyone who is going to think and act like the pandemic is completely over.

It isn’t. We are in the height of summer and the flu season is just around the corner. 
Personally I’d have played this very low key, relaxed the restrictions but continued with the note of caution that all is not great yet.

The fookin errors that have made during this pandemic have been very bizarre.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if at some point restrictions return in some form again.

Not a lockdown - but maybe masks inside at the height of winter ?

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if at some point restrictions return in some form again.

Not a lockdown - but maybe masks inside at the height of winter ?

I'm not massively encamped with a view on the virus, but part of me wonders whether their desperation to reopen in July is because they know that come the winter/Christmas we'll have to go back into some form of lockdown.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I'm not massively encamped with a view on the virus, but part of me wonders whether their desperation to reopen in July is because they know that come the winter/Christmas we'll have to go back into some form of lockdown.

Yes to keep everyone happy?

Government feel they need some good PR.

Afterall people have got quite animated at seeing crowds at sporting events quite often not social distancing or wearing masks  (which is good from atmosphere point or view ) but not been able to go to sports days or weddings/funerals .

I know these are test events outside  and  those attending have to be vaccinated or show a negative COVID test but not sure people see that as fair .

Edited by Super_horns

46 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Considering their economy relies on being able to sell stuff to Western countries, hurting those economies hurts them too.

I'm sure that they're building nuclear silos and I'm also sure they'll engage in some typically  belligerent sabre rattling to go with it...but it's all mouth and no trousers, because they know as well as anyone else how that ends.

I hope that you are right Mac and yes at present they are on course to economically become the most powerful country in the world ….  the Wests dependence on them will grow and grow…. but I also think there is a darker side showing through ..  their cyber capabilities are bad enough but why the much more aggressive stance and the big increase in their nuclear arsenal.   As tyrants grow older they change and become less rational and I think that is starting to show in the Supreme leader …. both in his dress, what he says and their stance on minorities within their country (including Hong Kong) and their attitude to basic human rights.   With regard to Covid we’ll never know for sure what happened as it has been totally airbrushed and key people who could shed some light on it cancelled.  

42 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I hope that you are right Mac and yes at present they are on course to economically become the most powerful country in the world ….  the Wests dependence on them will grow and grow…. but I also think there is a darker side showing through ..  their cyber capabilities are bad enough but why the much more aggressive stance and the big increase in their nuclear arsenal.   As tyrants grow older they change and become less rational and I think that is starting to show in the Supreme leader …. both in his dress, what he says and their stance on minorities within their country (including Hong Kong) and their attitude to basic human rights.   With regard to Covid we’ll never know for sure what happened as it has been totally airbrushed and key people who could shed some light on it cancelled.  

I hope that I'm right too, but it may not be so.

I'm just applying a reasonably universal idea that the worst fear of an authoritarian powermonger will always remain *losing* that power, and their decisions will be taken with that in mind above all else.

13 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I hope that I'm right too, but it may not be so.

I'm just applying a reasonably universal idea that the worst fear of an authoritarian powermonger will always remain *losing* that power, and their decisions will be taken with that in mind above all else.

That’s true but sometimes they also get an urge to leave some sort of ‘legacy’ particularly when they become too old to care about what happens next ..  unfortunately we have a conveyor belt of those going through at the moment ..  the supreme ruler, Putin and then the Krazy Korean dwarf ..  :(

32 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

That’s true but sometimes they also get an urge to leave some sort of ‘legacy’ particularly when they become too old to care about what happens next ..  unfortunately we have a conveyor belt of those going through at the moment ..  the supreme ruler, Putin and then the Krazy Korean dwarf ..  :(

I'm trying to think of where this has happened on a big scale without provocation that made them afraid of losing their position first.

But yeah, international relations is hardly light and sunbeams right now.

On 06/07/2021 at 08:59, Voll Blau said:

Christ, I do hope the scruffy bastard has finally got it right with this one and I can forever erase the phrase "socially distanced, of course" from my memory.

Utterly unconvinced after that PMQs performance. Refusing to answer even basic questions about the consequences of this decision.

I'm still all in favour of this happening but now resigned to this being temporary. Fvck off Johnson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

I see Starmer is going for point scoring by calling the Delta variant the "Johnson Variant". 

This is what politicians do no?

What do you think it is when the Tories talk about leaving the EU to control our border?