Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/jul/08/facebook-posts/no-evidence-graphene-oxide-s-toxic-pfizer-covid-19/

https://factcheck.afp.com/only-small-percentage-all-blue-surgical-masks-contain-graphene

https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.thegraphenecouncil.org/resource/resmgr/hse/Graphene_Face_Masks_Statemen.pdf

sorry but I stopped watching once the uri geller cutlery photos appeared ……..

probably best not to watch media  like this unless you’re a qualified scientist.  Anyone can make themselves look/sound important and stuff is made out to be factual when it simply isn’t.

You managed to get that far...? lol

Whilst I fully believe that at some stage in the not too distant future, the world will simply have to get back to “normal” in terms of social interactions and behaviour, there are undoubted risks and personally if I was living in the UK I would rather the authorities were somewhat more cautious in the pace of change, moving to the next phase as evidence emerges that health services can cope with previous changes. In particular, it would be better to wait until everyone willing to take the vaccine has done so.

The risks I see are as follows, and I’m sure I don’t have them all.

1) Due to the highly infectious nature of the virus, particularly of the delta stain, it is safe to say that in a restriction free environment almost everyone will be exposed to the virus in the short to medium term. The vaccinated will hopefully mostly not suffer a severe reaction.

The unvaccinated will include those who have chosen not to take it. I don’t have much sympathy with this group. They pose a risk to everyone else by threatening to clog up health services and have also opted out of any contribution towards attaining herd immunity through vaccination. Of course, in the long run they will likely attain immunity by catching the live virus.

2) Then there are those who cannot be vaccinated for whatever medical reason. Their best hope for protection is by societal herd immunity.

3) If the virus is circulating widely, it is difficult to see how it will be possible to keep it out of hospitals. It is highly likely that many health workers will be carrying it, often asymptomatically. Are they to be tested daily and maintain full PPE at all times even in supposedly non Covid wards? This means that many immuno-suppressed and immuno-compromised patients might be exposed either inside or outside hospitals. I’d be interested in the views of health workers here on this subject as obviously I’m no expert.

If hospitals become rife with Covid, people could become fearful of being treated there which could cause huge knock-on collateral damage.

4) If the virus is circulating widely with a high percentage vaccinated, presumably future strains will be selected for vaccine escape. Again, I’m no expert and would welcome comment from the more qualified (looking at you @Line-X 👀.

5) Finally, long Covid seems to be a little understood condition that affects a significant number of cases, even if the initial infection is mild by all accounts.

In the longer term, even the unvaccinated will attain some sort of immunity by exposure to the live virus, and if herd immunity is possible (depends on the sterilising effect of vaccination/exposure) it will eventually be attained. However, perhaps a little more patience in the short and medium term might save a huge amount of damage, both to the health of the population and to the economy.

In short, I’m glad this experiment is being piloted over there than over here (in Oz).

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

I’m not sure whether I’ve just had it, although I’ve been double jabbed. Week last Thursday I had terrible stomach cramps, then diahrea really bad, spent Saturday and Sunday in bed almost delirious , and the squits lasted till Friday, could hardly eat but was drinking tons of water. Took a couple of tests, both were negative temperature fine etc, but then heard today of two people I know who have ended up in hospital with the same thing, I don’t come into contact with them so they’ve not caught whatever it is off me. I just put it down to eating something bad although I rarely get anything like that. Looked it up and apparently these are possible symptoms of covid. 

44 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I’m not sure whether I’ve just had it, although I’ve been double jabbed. Week last Thursday I had terrible stomach cramps, then diahrea really bad, spent Saturday and Sunday in bed almost delirious , and the squits lasted till Friday, could hardly eat but was drinking tons of water. Took a couple of tests, both were negative temperature fine etc, but then heard today of two people I know who have ended up in hospital with the same thing, I don’t come into contact with them so they’ve not caught whatever it is off me. I just put it down to eating something bad although I rarely get anything like that. Looked it up and apparently these are possible symptoms of covid. 

You had two neg tests whilst you were ill

therefore it’s highly unlikely to have been covid …… 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Literally any symptom is now stated as being covid related, it's mad. If you did two tests and they were both negative, it was probably just a bug or perhaps something dodgy you ate.

23 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Sounds more likely to be a food-borne issue, mate. 

Campylobacter? Had any chicken in the days leading up to it?

Cryptosporidia? Been to any swimming pools in the days leading up to it?

Hope you feel better soon. 

https://www.orwell.city/2021/07/brain-tsunami.html is interesting to read who knows if any of it's true, you can't trust the government though, well I can't it just a bunch of people like us with power and a degree with laws they created, so I wouldn't put it past them to do something like this with covid... lets not forget this hasn't been dreamed up by Boris Johnson this is some global power in play. lol good laugh though for a friday night ... roll on Sunday

Edited by whoareyaaa

On 08/07/2021 at 22:11, Legend_in_blue said:

Listening to the BBC news once again and cannot understand why anyone in their right mind has entertained downloading the covid app.  Crazy.  Caused nothing but trouble.  People should bin the app.

Causes nothing but inconvenience for you, and case number will still be largely determined by macro level decisions. Binned.

Thanks mods for removing that conspiracy theory bullshit that appeared earlier. I see some of it has reappeared.

Its quite incredible the deluge of nonsense that the internet has unleashed. It ought to have been a force for the propagation of rational thought and science, but instead seems to be de-evolving the whole human race. I remember back in the day hearing about the various cults springing up in the US, Charles Manson and others. Most people in the UK looked on with a mixture of horror and bemusement, wondering how on earth anyone could reach such a state of mind. These days they’d be seeking out more information and joining in.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Thanks mods for removing that conspiracy theory bullshit that appeared earlier. I see some of it has reappeared.

Its quite incredible the deluge of nonsense that the internet has unleashed. It ought to have been a force for the propagation of rational thought and science, but instead seems to be de-evolving the whole human race. I remember back in the day hearing about the various cults springing up in the US, Charles Manson and others. Most people in the UK looked on with a mixture of horror and bemusement, wondering how on earth anyone could reach such a state of mind. These days they’d be seeking out more information and joining in.

The internet is like any other big technological advancement tbh - only as good or as bad as those who use it. A force multiplier of sorts.

Trying to get out a clear message regarding what we need from scientific progress that will hopefully stop humanity destroying itself, amid all the misinformation, is deeply, deeply frustrating, yes...but without it that message would become so much harder to deliver anyway.

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

The internet is like any other big technological advancement tbh - only as good or as bad as those who use it. A force multiplier of sorts.

Trying to get out a clear message regarding what we need from scientific progress that will hopefully stop humanity destroying itself, amid all the misinformation, is deeply, deeply frustrating, yes...but without it that message would become so much harder to deliver anyway.

You posted a good article on this subject a few days ago I believe