Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

6 hours ago, Smudge said:

There walks a sensible man

Only with the help of all the delivery personnel for whom I give thanks.

• Like 3

Can someone answer this 

I go away on holiday …….I’m tested a couple, days before I leave and am negative 

once I’ve arrived in ……let’s say Majorca, I develop the virus or become  infected locally. 

I take a test three days before I’m due to fly back and ……I’m positive!  So I have to isolate for how long ???  And.what happens to me ?  What if I’m there with a young family ???  Where do we stay when our hotel room finishes ??  And presumably I have to eventually pay possibly a lot more for a new return flight …..

10 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Ferguson has until July 19th.  I'm not a betting man myself, but I don't see it happening tbf.

E58jF7YXsAIrV7F.jpeg.jpg

you will need to use ons data, not official daily data. Ferguson was speaking about actual positive cases, not just positive tests …..

Did he actually predict 200k or did he say it was possible ???

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can someone answer this 

I go away on holiday …….I’m tested a couple, days before I leave and am negative 

once I’ve arrived in ……let’s say Majorca, I develop the virus or become  infected locally. 

I take a test three days before I’m due to fly back and ……I’m positive!  So I have to isolate for how long ???  And.what happens to me ?  What if I’m there with a young family ???  Where do we stay when our hotel room finishes ??  And presumably I have to eventually pay possibly a lot more for a new return flight …..

If you test positive before flying your not coming back

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

If you test positive before flying your not coming back

I know you’re having your usual joke but what actually happens ?  People should understand the real risks before they go abroad ….not of catching covid but the problems they and their families could end up in ….

18 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Ferguson has until July 19th.  I'm not a betting man myself, but I don't see it happening tbf.

What happens then? Does he get sacked?

Is there any Fergie time?

Edited by StanSP
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I know you’re having your usual joke but what actually happens ?  People should understand the real risks before they go abroad ….not of catching covid but the problems they and their families could end up in ….

I'm flying to Majorca next week end, and like my daughter having the test before, should you get tested positive, you are not flying until negative.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There are parents taking there kids out of school to negate the issue.

2 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I'm flying to Majorca next week end, and like my daughter having the test before, should you get tested positive, you are not flying until negative.

I’m talking about becoming positive when you’re out there ………..either incubating it before you leave here or catching it shortly after arriving out there …..

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m talking about becoming positive when you’re out there ………..either incubating it before you leave here or catching it shortly after arriving out there …..

I think that you can get travel insurance that would cover it all, but no idea of the price.

eg look at lv 

Edited by Stivo

2 minutes ago, Stivo said:

I think that you can get travel insurance that would cover it all, ybut no idea of the price.

eg look at lv 

Gonna be a lot of dosh I would think …….the cost of hotel accommodation at short notice plus rebooked flights …..whilst resorts aren’t busy I suppose that may not be a fortune but that will soon become so …..as an insurer, I wouldn’t be offering that cheaply ….

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Gonna be a lot of dosh I would think …….the cost of hotel accommodation at short notice plus rebooked flights …..whilst resorts aren’t busy I suppose that may not be a fortune but that will soon become so …..as an insurer, I wouldn’t be offering that cheaply ….

Covid insurance is cheap in terms of hospitalisation.  However the cancellation because of covid, it is very expensive.

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I guess you'd have to follow the Covid isolating rules of whichever country you are in, and have sufficient travel insurance to cover it. I suppose this is why people are being advised not to travel for holidays. 

My children are due to fly here next week, and Spain has now stopped accepting the antigen test, it has to be a PCR, and it seems we might be returning to the red list soon. A bit of a joke, really, when the rate of infection is far higher in the UK than it is here. There's a much greater risk of them bringing it here than of them catching it here! 

Taking a risk.....!!

Anybody who decides  to Take a Holiday abroad, must be aware of the risk....

that Anytime during their break, that Country could find itself in. >  Any Covid Alarm phase <

I will Never Undestand People who decide to Take that risk, then complain, when asked/told/forced into quarantine,or could be refused re-entry...

Whether Government Information is crap, or considered safe & excellent...The onus of "your/ones" decision is still in that individual/Family-Groups laps.

Even if W.wide governments have been crap in delivering  Covid-travel information..there is only One Platform of blame( if any) ,and that is that of the individual "Person on the street"

I thought and Believed that to be so last Summer, But even more so Now...

That said if People want to Take that risk,& leave it or give it a chance,...Why not..?

But afterwards Please Dont go crying to Mama...! ..

The only point, I believe should be a must...Holiday-companies/airlines/ Hotels-etc,  should automatically offer either >immediate< refunds or vouchers,

if due to Covid-Alarm-warnings being implemented, & customers cant travel, or Stay to Complete their Fully booked period...

31 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I guess you'd have to follow the Covid isolating rules of whichever country you are in, and have sufficient travel insurance to cover it. I suppose this is why people are being advised not to travel for holidays. 

My children are due to fly here next week, and Spain has now stopped accepting the antigen test, it has to be a PCR, and it seems we might be returning to the red list soon. A bit of a joke, really, when the rate of infection is far higher in the UK than it is here. There's a much greater risk of them bringing it here than of them catching it here! 

But this changes & goes around in circles evey 2-8 weeks...

I can't help thinking that those crying 'madness ' against those wanting to holiday are driven by jealousy as much as so called 'logic'...I can't help thinking that government policies that impact those holidays are also driven by forces other than the ones we are told...

I don't think I'm a conspiracy theorist..I think I'm a critical thinker. 

There's a heavy dose of what I call 'Matilda syndrome' going on..." I'm big..your small..I'm smart your not...I know all about covid-19 you don't "

Edited by Adrian

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

E58jF7YXsAIrV7F.jpeg.jpg

If you’re referring to his comments in this article that you published earlier, I think you should reread it as I believe you may have misunderstood what he was saying.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/covid-cases-two-hundred-thousand-afterjuly-19-neil-ferguson-b944295.html

My reading (I’m paraphrasing) is that that he was saying that if the government abolished restrictions on the 19th July, infections could reach as high as 200k per day subsequently. He went on to say that due to vaccination the death rate should remain relatively low. There is no July 19th deadline, he was referring to a possible peak thereafter.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Adrian said:

I can't help thinking that those crying 'madness ' against those wanting to holiday are driven by jealousy as much as so called 'logic'...I can't help thinking that government policies that impact those holidays are also driven by forces other than the ones we are told...

I don't think I'm a conspiracy theorist..I think I'm a critical thinker. 

There's a heavy dose of what I call 'Matilda syndrome' going on..." I'm big..your small..I'm smart your not...I know all about covid-19 you don't "

Everyone has been away on holiday so it’s reasonable for them to have an opinion - it’s not like they don’t understand what they’re commenting upon.  
those who decide to go away do need to take ownership of their decision though and deal with any unexpected consequences that may arise