Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Just looking at Israel’s vaccination rate - they have approx 65% double jabbed and 70% single jabbed. 

Israel’s current case rate is around 750 from 61k tests. Last reported hospitalised cases was 45.

So 6 in a 100 cases require hospitalisation in a population 65% vaccinated. Makes ya think. They are estimated ‘herd immunity’ to occur around 80% double vaccinated 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just looking at Israel’s vaccination rate - they have approx 65% double jabbed and 70% single jabbed. 

Israel’s current case rate is around 750 from 61k tests. Last reported hospitalised cases was 45.

So 6 in a 100 cases require hospitalisation in a population 65% vaccinated. Makes ya think. They are estimated ‘herd immunity’ to occur around 80% double vaccinated 

They are going to struggle  to make that jump to 80% - as will most western democracies…

Infact I doubt any will get there ……..

• Like 1

All of my friend have in the last 24 hours tested positive….. plus my neighbours and the Mrs. Mum. 14 people in 24 hours. 

Plus speaking to other people they too have had a sudden surge in friends testing positive. It looks like we’re seeing a surge again. It seems insane that we’re supposed to be returning to normal on Monday. 

Either one of two things will happen, the government will U turn over the weekend, or they will continue and within the month we will be back into restrictions because the NHS is being battered again. Speaking to the one medical professional I know, it’s not looking good where she works, she’s been pulled out of her department and put back on a covid ward thanks to surges in new patients…. Not sure if anyone else has or knows of anyone experiencing the same?

In short, it is still too early to re-open, fully.  

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They are going to struggle  to make that jump to 80% - as will most western democracies…

Infact I doubt any will get there ……..

We are on nearly 88% single dose (adults of course, not whole population). So Once the second doses have been dished out, I would expect us to get to 80%.

However, if they need to include children then we are way off yet and it would be almost impossible to hit 80% of a whole population as U12's are unlikely to get a vaccination (and rightly so).

8 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

We are now isolating despite me feeling fine, having zero symptoms and countless negative lateral flow tests. All seems a bit silly but whatever.

You do what you feel is right but  if I were you then I’d go about my business if i had a neg lft test (I’d make sure I did a very good job of getting it right up my nose and down my throat though) 

but I’d take precautions and keep away from people and avoid touching things - if your work is the type where that cannot be done then guess U stay home 

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Quite different scenarios though ……Israel way more vaccinated. I think they’ve only had to re introduced masks in indoor public settings. The Dutch problem seems to be purely down to re opening night life without any restrictions which has allowed the virus to run freely through the under 30’s.  that’s us now.

We need to do similar for sure, this freedom day is and has always been a bad idea.

We should be relaxing restrictions for sure, but completely chucking them out feels a bad idea 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

So we could be locked down again 'within weeks'? Can just see it now 200k cases a day 500 deaths and skyrocketing and Boris heading up a press conference for one last push spending the autumn locked in our houses only being allowed out to exercise. Will there be an end to this? 

If we have another lockdown in Autumn, then it means the vaccine doesn't work and there will never be an end.  The only possibilities will be either to lockdown forever, and accept hundreds of thousands of deaths from other causes (mainly due to lack of funding for the NHS as the economy tanks) to save tens of thousands of coronavirus deaths; or else we let it ride and take our chances.

What is slightly worrying is that the idea of locking down to save hundreds of lives seems to be on the table.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

What is slightly worrying is that the idea of locking down to save hundreds of lives seems to be on the table.

Exactly. Live with the cases if we have to as long as tons and tons of people aren't dying. Those who will be most badly affected have all been given enough time to get their vaccines.  If a 25 year old wants to risk going to a club with no vaccine then let them.

Surely our economy can't handle another lockdown? Government debt around the world is already at eye watering amounts. I don't quite like the idea of thinking I might not be retiring until 75. 

Edited by Christoph

24 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

If we have another lockdown in Autumn, then it means the vaccine doesn't work and there will never be an end.  The only possibilities will be either to lockdown forever, and accept hundreds of thousands of deaths from other causes (mainly due to lack of funding for the NHS as the economy tanks) to save tens of thousands of coronavirus deaths; or else we let it ride and take our chances.

seems to be a disconnect between locking down and being totally rid of all restrictions………..there is a very large area of grey between these black/white places ….

If 0 is where we were in feb 20 and 100 is where we were in April 20 then I’d say we are currently around 25. 

but there are areas which are closer to 50 like GP Servcies which is a problem 

fifty thousand cases a day + for the next six weeks will be more than hundreds of deaths and no one knows the effects of long covid on the under thirties ….  it all plays back to the decision not to redlist India 

and let’s not lose sight of the reason for the restrictions was not to stop people dying (as thats not an option) but to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed. Now we have more effective treatments, it may that the nhs is even more stressed than before if cases get completely out of control amongst the single jabbed …….

im sure that govt have run the numbers though …….

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

... no one knows the effects of long covid on the under thirties ….  

Why don't we?  There were over half a million positive tests of under thirties before Christmas.  There have been millions more since.  235 of them have died, so surely they have been looking at the long term health of the survivors?

There is very little hard evidence that there is a long term effect on a significant number of under 30's.  There is a shedload of evidence that it doesn't kill them, and little reason to suspect it has a disproportionate long term effect on the survivors.  Find the evidence first before taking precautions against it.

16 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

There is very little hard evidence that there is a long term effect on a significant number of under 30's

Because this virus has been in circulation for around 18months, long term is longer than that so we don't have anyone suffering with it for long term 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Why don't we?  There were over half a million positive tests of under thirties before Christmas.  There have been millions more since.  235 of them have died, so surely they have been looking at the long term health of the survivors?

There is very little hard evidence that there is a long term effect on a significant number of under 30's.  There is a shedload of evidence that it doesn't kill them, and little reason to suspect it has a disproportionate long term effect on the survivors.  Find the evidence first before taking precautions against it.

I already posted today that anecdotally, people are more ill with this delta than they were with alpha and whatever the Italian one was …. according to the evidence, the more ill you are, the more risk that your immune system does weird things ……

This is a novel virus - there isn’t any evidence of long term effects !  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I already posted today that anecdotally, people are more ill with this delta than they were with alpha and whatever the Italian one was …. according to the evidence, the more ill you are, the more risk that your immune system does weird things ……

Not according to the message being put out by the BBC this morning.  It's all back to gloom and doom with them.

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

And how long to do we have to wait to see if there ar elong term effects?  Is it really a viable option to keep things as we are, giving children half an education, for say 20 years?  If not, how long?  There is little evidence of long term effects of coronavirus.  Therefore we do not need to take precautions against it.  If there is proper evidence that long term effects are likely, it can be factored into the equation.

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think I'll be watching Leicester on TV only for the time being. 

This is such a conundrum. I'll probably be in the same camp, but I literally renewed my membership this week and am eagerly awaiting my second jab. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is desperate to watch a match again, not being in so long makes you realise how awesome it is being at the KP, especially in these halcyon days where we have such a great team! How much longer will we be able to watch Tielemans play for us? Probably got one season left before the big boys swoop, and he is a very special player. Vardy is on the way out and he's a living legend! 

But games are super spreader events. It's hard not to see cases absolutely explode in just a few weeks time. They are already exploding now!