Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

6 hours ago, ealingfox said:

In theory yes, but I expect the reality would be, as it has been throughout, that the majority of people follow the instructions that they're given whilst the high profile right wing knobbers cry about it on Twitter.

Yeah still waiting for this massive disorder than was going to occur on 5th July 

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Of course there is no perfect time to open up as you intimate. However, all we hear is that double vaccination is the key to this. That double vaccination makes a significant difference to the effects of the Delta variant and double vaccination makes a difference to the transmission rates of the other variants. We don't have enough evidence to know re Delta.  So the logic would be to hold off until all eligible adults have been offered their 2nd jab, perhaps a little over 4 weeks away. That would still be in the summer and holiday period but would give better protection to more people.

You'd think this should be the plan. Slowly reducing restrictions before larger changes come about when all eligible adults have been double vaccinated

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You'd think this should be the plan. Slowly reducing restrictions before larger changes come about when all eligible adults have been double vaccinated

Exactly. Why not, for example, continue encouraging people to work from home if they can and keep mask wearing in place (like everywhere else is doing, seemingly).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We shouldn’t miss the point that allowing the virus to run wild through the youth is a fast paced de facto vaccination program on the group who would have the lowest vaccine take up ……

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

We shouldn’t miss the point that allowing the virus to run wild through the youth is a fast paced de facto vaccination program on the group who would have the lowest vaccine take up ……

Next year at uni (work) is going to be interesting... especially with all the international students coming in may well not have had the option to be vaccinated. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Exactly. Why not, for example, continue encouraging people to work from home if they can and keep mask wearing in place (like everywhere else is doing, seemingly).

Combine this with continuing to encourage people to start or continue going out to restaurants or shops etc and we can monitor how things progress.

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Do the youth have the lowest take up? Most people I know (early 20's) spent ages trying to book vaccines in, admittedly that may not transpire across the country.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Do the youth have the lowest take up? Most people I know (early 20's) spent ages trying to book vaccines in, admittedly that may not transpire across the country.

I’m pretty sure that across society as a whole the 18-25 age group will be the lowest take up.  Also, the group 13-18 who will not be vaccinated will also develop a reservoir of antibody immunity………..I’m pretty uncomfortable with this approach to the long term physical health of the youth 

55 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

A Silverstone variant and a Royal St George's variant by Monday it is then.

Be the thugs who sadly tried to break in and ruin everyone’s day by scaring them .

Probably had no masks on or anything .

Must have been a nightmare for the security and stewards though - trying to check people’s pass whilst it was all kicking off elsewhere

Suspect the majority of fans there for the game were sticking to the rules and regulations.

Edited by Super_horns

25 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Be the thugs who sadly tried to break in and ruin everyone’s day by scaring them .

Probably had no masks on or anything .

Must have been a nightmare for the security and stewards though - trying to check people’s pass whilst it was all kicking off elsewhere

Suspect the majority of fans there for the game were sticking to the rules and regulations.

This comes across as further government incompetence though when there were strict entry requirements for us at the FA Cup final.  Roll on a few weeks and let's roll up and let in 60k without stringent checks.  Brilliant.  

• Like 2

Just now, Stevosevic said:

The US are fully open and have been a while. We should be too 

I completely agree but the manner in which we've gone from a ridiculously long and drawn out period of lockdown to what has come to be (last weekend's final for example) and what is to pass (next Monday) this whole process defies logic.  It doesn't make sense.  

The argument against lockdown, ie prolonging it unnecessarily, is that you end up prolonging the fallout from it.  At this moment in time, this seems quite believable tbh.

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

The US are fully open and have been a while. We should be too 

That's because their attitude to such healthcare related matters is that if you're unlucky enough to catch a bad case of Covid, your life is screwed financially and otherwise, and you can fvck off and die (to quote one Nigel Pearson).

Other countries such as the UK offer a slightly more compassionate approach and more of a safety net in such circumstances, which while being morally squarer also has the corollary of needing to be more preventative than responsive in the way that system works.

• Like 1

For anyone using the NHS Covid app check your check-in history as it seems common for your check-out to be 23:59hrs. I've got check-ins that look like they were for over 12hrs but we're actually only 30mins. If this is common then it's little wonder so many are having the isolate.

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

But they dont have/haven’t had the delta strain running rampant …….we fooked this up big time …..

The "we" being the government i assume. This ain't a we're all in this together , this is down to the fvckwits in charge.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

For anyone using the NHS Covid app check your check-in history as it seems common for your check-out to be 23:59hrs. I've got check-ins that look like they were for over 12hrs but we're actually only 30mins. If this is common then it's little wonder so many are having the isolate.

Sounds like a bit of a fvck up.

24 minutes ago, Buce said:

not ‘Running rampant’ they don’t …. Give it a few weeks 

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The "we" being the government i assume. This ain't a we're all in this together , this is down to the fvckwits in charge.

Yes

1 hour ago, Vestan Pance said:

Same for me.