Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

This comes across as further government incompetence though when there were strict entry requirements for us at the FA Cup final.  Roll on a few weeks and let's roll up and let in 60k without stringent checks.  Brilliant.  

Not just Government. I was at Wimbledon and though you had to show covid passes you didn't need to show evidence of a negative test if you were double vaccinated>The day I went was supposed to be 50% capacity but the court I was on was at least 75% full. 

Then around the Euro's you have complete lack of social distancing in the pubs and in the ground, on the tube getting to the ground and outside the ground on Wembley way.

I'd say most sense of social distancing went out of the window a few weeks ago and we're now paying the price.

That and the failure to properly control the entries into airports from overseas and the Government's slowness to react time after time. This has just made the probably inevitable spread of a third wave happen quicker than it could have done and will probably mean it will go on for longer than it needed to.

Wait a few days more and France will suddenly be put on the red list when they could have done so today.

13 minutes ago, reynard said:

Wait a few days more and France will suddenly be put on the red list when they could have done so today.

They won’t do that …… apart from anything else, what about all the trucks coming in with essentials??

my covid ap has no history on check ins ?.  I clearly don’t get out and about much but I have checked into a fair number of places ??

57 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

not ‘Running rampant’ they don’t …. Give it a few weeks 

Yes

Tbf SAF I’ve been here the whole pandemic and nothing has ‘run rampant’ in the US. Only been fully locked down once and been restriction free since May. 

I find back home to be operating on ‘what ifs’ which they’re less likely to care for here. Plus, and it’s not a competition, there has been a general odd approach to locking certain things down and not others in the U.K., as well as strange guidance when things have been open. Case in point the clamour to open pubs before anything else.

Culturally England is not built for a pandemic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

Tbf SAF I’ve been here the whole pandemic and nothing has ‘run rampant’ in the US. Only been fully locked down once and been restriction free since May. 

I find back home to be operating on ‘what ifs’ which they’re less likely to care for here. Plus, and it’s not a competition, there has been a general odd approach to locking certain things down and not others in the U.K., as well as strange guidance when things have been open. Case in point the clamour to open pubs before anything else.

Culturally England is not built for a pandemic.

Unless it’s a party pandemic

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They won’t do that …… apart from anything else, what about all the trucks coming in with essentials??

my covid ap has no history on check ins ?.  I clearly don’t get out and about much but I have checked into a fair number of places ??

Freight can be easily controlled. Tourists less so.

Interesting to know if anyone who has been 'pinged', or asked to self isolate as a result of contact, as gone on to then test positive? Noone I know who has been asked to isolate as then became a case. I appreciate some may have had it asymptomatically. 

Best thing about the euros was being able to almost ignore this thread and news at times.

Will have my usual pint or two after 6-aside Monday. I wonder if it will feel any different, i doubt it. 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Interesting to know if anyone who has been 'pinged', or asked to self isolate as a result of contact, as gone on to then test positive? Noone I know who has been asked to isolate as then became a case. I appreciate some may have had it asymptomatically. 

Best thing about the euros was being able to almost ignore this thread and news at times.

Will have my usual pint or two after 6-aside Monday. I wonder if it will feel any different, i doubt it. 

Yeah I got pinged last Sunday night, tested negative on Monday but then got symptoms so took a test on Tuesday which was positive. 

44 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

'Tube line suspended as too many staff pinged by Covid app and told to isolate'

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/17/tube-line-suspended-after-staff-told-to-self-isolate-by-nhs-covid-app-14945023/

This app is bringing the country to its knees ffs.

According to the government, the app is working how it was intended to work, whatever that means!!

31 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah I got pinged last Sunday night, tested negative on Monday but then got symptoms so took a test on Tuesday which was positive. 

Those swabs that you shove up your nose have been infected with covid in China, they’re trying to finish the job!!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

How you feeling mate? Hopefully it’s not too bad.

Thought I had it but its just a cold.

12 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I got the ping to isolate for 6 days last night, about 6 hours after my LFT and the drive through test. I’d forgot what being ill felt like tbf this is grim 

You got it as well? Sounds like everyone is riddled

19 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

How you feeling mate? Hopefully it’s not too bad.

Thought I had it but its just a cold.

Not too bad now cheers mate just get headaches and have a weird taste in my mouth. The first few days were bad though. Hopefully it clears out over the weekend as I am going to Norfolk on Wednesday all being well. 

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Not too bad now cheers mate just get headaches and have a weird taste in my mouth. The first few days were bad though. Hopefully it clears out over the weekend as I am going to Norfolk on Wednesday all being well. 

Do you not need to isolate for 10 days in the UK anymore after a positive test or developing symptoms? 

Saw this on another site:

“On this day last year there were 18 covid deaths, today there were 41. Last July 17th there were 144 hospital admissions, today there were 740, last year there were 144 patients on ventilators, today there are 551, last year there were 581 new cases, today there were 54,674”

Are these stats right?

As a CEV person this is rather alarming if true.

7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Saw this on another site:

“On this day last year there were 18 covid deaths, today there were 41. Last July 17th there were 144 hospital admissions, today there were 740, last year there were 144 patients on ventilators, today there are 551, last year there were 581 new cases, today there were 54,674”

Are these stats right?

As a CEV person this is rather alarming if true.

Probably, I think a lot of people have just given up with trying to be disciplined about it all

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Probably, I think a lot of people have just given up with trying to be disciplined about it all

I presume these are vulnerable/elderly  people who haven’t been vaccinated or very sick people  who even with a vaccine would be at serious risk ?