Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

53 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Enjoyed the freedom of going into a Supermarket without a mask on today. Mostly old biddies still wearing one. 

46 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If you can bear the stigma of wearing an FFP3/N95 mask then its very much not pointless. you will be v unlikely to contract the virus, especially if vaccinated 

if you wear a surgical mask then you will be partly protected 

if you wear a cotton face covering then you're right - you may as well not bother !

Even then you will, even if only in a small way,  be contributing in protecting others.

11 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The problem is, you don't know which one of those 40% non-mask wearing people are genuinely exempt on medical grounds. It's unlikely to be 40% though!

Other people wearing or not wearing a mask doesn't bother me that much. As long as I see sense in wearing one, I will continue to do so (e.g. shops, public transport etc.). Even in stadiums when in the concourse/toilets, pub toilets. Not sure about walking between tables in a restaurant/pub though (that to me seems strange when I am only going to take my mask off to sit down).

The biggest issue with mask wearing is the fact that the government have never really made it clear when a mask is beneficial and when not and actually given some statistical/numerical examples as to what happens when you wear a mask in place x and when not. The common people may then be able to understand the wearing of masks a bit better.

well it was previously around 90% conformity so there is a notable change and i would say the younger demographic seem more keen to dispense .......

10 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

Even then you will, even if only in a small way,  be contributing in protecting others.

alas, whilst the majority feel we are all in this together, there is minority that most definitely don't

really interested to see what the club decide to do ....

• Like 2

I just haven't understood people's reluctance to wear a face covering throughout this whole thing. It's fvcking bizarre acting like it's an affront to your liberties. 

For that very small minority that have a medical reason etc. then fine. But it's a minor inconvenience at absolute worst. And yes, I have spent all day at work wearing one. 

The sense of entitlement amongst people in this country is staggering at times. But alas, twats will always find a way to act twattish. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I've had it before and both vaccines, can assure I'd be concerned. It's been a proper shit few days.

To be fair it did sound like you got blasted in the face by by the equivalent of a covid super soaker which is probably a testament to how good the vaccines are.

How are you doing now?

Just now, filbertway said:

To be fair it did sound like you got blasted in the face by by the equivalent of a covid super soaker which is probably a testament to how good the vaccines are.

How are you doing now?

I doubt the viral load would have been as bad as say a contagious person coughing near you on the tube, the air blasted at me is from the "clean" side of the vent circuit and the patient had been with us a long time (but still positive on PCR).

I'm feeling ok now thanks, just the zero taste/smell bothering me the most.

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Good luck to everyone over there. I hope this all works out without too much damage to health and livelihoods, and I’d be pretty confident that a new equilibrium exists in the longer term, based on improving vaccines and new therapies, where everyone can go about their business as they did before this all blew up.

In the short and medium term I’d personally prefer a more cautious approach, but I don’t live there and clearly people seem to have had enough of restrictions.

Thanks but with Boris in charge we're basically stuffed. We could do better with a traffic cone in charge, at least it wouldn't look a bloody mess.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I doubt the viral load would have been as bad as say a contagious person coughing near you on the tube, the air blasted at me is from the "clean" side of the vent circuit and the patient had been with us a long time (but still positive on PCR).

I'm feeling ok now thanks, just the zero taste/smell bothering me the most.

Ahh fair play, my mind went to the cartoon version of a vacuum being put in reverse and you just being surrounded in a covid cloud to be fair haha.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, I hope the senses return soon :)

• Thanks 1

I'm back after a ban which I have no idea how I got. Not ideal when I'm isolating and get a ban here. Good way to pass the time.

I've lost my sense of taste and smell now but otherwise feel fine, other than just very very tired and completely demotivated to work. I'm still showing as negative on the LFTs though. I wonder if I'm not really ill and just faking it to myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Haha, exaggerated it a bit but I have seen so many random people not cover their sneezes or coughs at all. Sneezing into hands is grim as well, sneeze into elbows please people.

I've often heard that.  But what do you do with a snotty elbow after sneezing into it?  A hand can be wiped and washed, but few people carry a spare shirt sleeve to replace the mucky one.

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
3 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

But what do you do with a snotty elbow after sneezing into it?

Well duh, you wipe it clean with your hand.

17 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I've often heard that.  But what do you do with a snotty elbow after sneezing into it?  A hand can be wiped and washed, but few people carry a spare shirt sleeve to replace the mucky one.

Sneeze one someone else’s elbow, win win.

5 minutes ago, masterg59 said:

Just got back from Sainsbury's and mask wearing was 50/50 at best, very few staff wearing masks. Taking all the signs off the floors and removing screens.

Just got back from Sainsbury's this morning and it was 100% - all the staff were wearing masks. Signage still there and screens on the tills. 

33 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

lol

Someone tell this bunch of amoebas we're not in lockdown anymore. 

People just like to protest. Doesn't matter what it is, it's a grand day out. 

Police must be bracing now for this summers cause. 

56 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Feel we could go back and forth on this forever so will say my final bit and return to refreshing the transfer talk forum. NHS recommend elbows, so I just go with that and will pray nobody approaches me with snot hands or snot elbows. Snotty people stay at home lol

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

I'm back after a ban which I have no idea how I got. Not ideal when I'm isolating and get a ban here. Good way to pass the time.

I've lost my sense of taste and smell now but otherwise feel fine, other than just very very tired and completely demotivated to work. I'm still showing as negative on the LFTs though. I wonder if I'm not really ill and just faking it to myself.

That's odd - if you've got symptoms then you should be positive ...........your viral load could be small i suppose and may not be picked up on LFT.  of course other respiratory diseases can affect taste and smell but i know one of your family has caught it. 

Just went to pick some bits up from The Range. 

Most people came prepared with a mask, which was nice to see. There was one woman in there who looked like she's always a few seconds away from asking to speak to your manager, and looked particularly pleased with herself about not wearing one - but she was very much the minority.

If the customer base of The Range can manage it, maybe there's hope after all. :ph34r:

Edited by RoboFox

19 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Why is she so horrible? What's happened in her life to make her so nasty? 

She got paid money for it, realised it was a moneyspinner being controversial and then didn't have the intelligence to see there was a line past which it stops and you look like a ****.

Whether this particular stunt was scripted or not who knows.