Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

??? But as has already been mentioned, the intention to do this was never hidden or secretive. 

Really? Must have missed those.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2021/feb/07/nadhim-zahawi-uk-has-no-plans-to-introduce-covid-vaccine-passports-video

''Vaccines are not mandated in the UK ... and it would be discriminatory,' Zahawi told BBC One's The Andrew Marr Show. 'We have no plans of introducing a vaccine passport''

Really??

About 30 things on here that lads continually get labelled as nutters or anti vaxxers for end up coming true, then people like yourselves just dismiss them lol

Anyway I'm out, otherwise I'm just end up arguing with people all night. Enjoy your evening folks.

• Like 3

What a ****ing joke that is btw. 

The Government admitted that ‘Vaccine Only’ passporting was discriminatory only a month ago, yet here we are. 

Mandatory Vaccines to go to an outdoor football game too. Ha

18 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

The vaccine passport system is about control only. They have always wanted to bring this in.

Why would the government want to control who goes to night clubs and stuff? Probably bringing in the vaccine passport to prevent mass covid spreading I'd imagine.

Bringing it in in Autumn is a bit weird though. Now or never surely.

Edited by lgfualol

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2021/feb/07/nadhim-zahawi-uk-has-no-plans-to-introduce-covid-vaccine-passports-video

''Vaccines are not mandated in the UK ... and it would be discriminatory,' Zahawi told BBC One's The Andrew Marr Show. 'We have no plans of introducing a vaccine passport''

Really??

About 30 things on here that lads continually get labelled as nutters or anti vaxxers for end up coming true, then people like yourselves just dismiss them lol

Anyway I'm out, otherwise I'm just end up arguing with people all night. Enjoy your evening folks.

And they’ll keep on coming true, the ignorant will stay ignorant.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Why would the government want to control who goes to night clubs and stuff? Probably bringing in the vaccine passport to prevent mass covid spreading I'd imagine.

Bringing it in in Autumn is a bit weird though. Now or never surely.

The danger is in the winter.  

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Guess this will give the anti vaccine people something to chew on.

But in reality without the vaccine things would be much worse .

Scaremongering headlines again?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1417159925264957447

Well given something like 300 people in hospital, and generally speaking probably double jabbed people are getting out and about and mixing more, I suspect it doesn't tell us a lot as of now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I suspect that if the youth were coming forward in sufficient numbers to be vaccinated then the passports wouldn’t be an issue …….

this seems like a way of getting people to get jabbed who probably wouldn’t be bothered otherwise……….

This. They've probably seen the uptick in vaccine demand in France as soon as Macron said vaccine passes were going to be required.

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Guess this will give the anti vaccine people something to chew on.

But in reality without the vaccine things would be much worse .

Scaremongering headlines again?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1417159925264957447

I don't get that. You don't have to be anti vaxx to see that's a damning statistic for the idea these vaccines are at all effective. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I don't get that. You don't have to be anti vaxx to see that's a damning statistic for the idea these vaccines are at all effective. 

The sample size is too small to be significant, and the disconnect between cases and hospitalisation and deaths indicates pretty much the opposite.  Also worth noting that noone said the vaccine stops you getting Covid completely, and given numbers in hospital are so low at the moment, it is likely people have to top a much lower bar than during the peak to be admitted.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, thegaffer9 said:

This. They've probably seen the uptick in vaccine demand in France as soon as Macron said vaccine passes were going to be required.

Maybe they saw the protests as well though, if the French don't want vaccine passports they simply won't have them, they'll bring the country to a standstill if they want to. I'm not comfortable with the idea of vaccine passports myself. 

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Maybe they saw the protests as well though, if the French don't want vaccine passports they simply won't have them, they'll bring the country to a standstill if they want to. I'm not comfortable with the idea of vaccine passports myself. 

We won't do anything like the French, we'll just roll over and accept it with people saying it's not that big of a deal, do the right thing, you're protecting others even if you're putting yourself at risk, just get the jab etc.

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

So as the nation's ICU's slowly fill up again you maintain the virus has no risk to people. Watch that death rate shoot up over the following weeks.

But anyway at least you won't have to be inconvenienced and remember your mask along with your glasses and wallet.

The bloody nightclubs are open. I'll say it again, the actions of individuals will have minimal impact.

People wearing masks in the belief it will protect themselves and others are papering over the cracks, if indeed there is a looming crisis on the horizon. It's the belief that plugging a bottle-sized hole stops the water flowing out of the football-pitch-sized gap further down the line. 

It is not our responsibility as civilians to direct the course of the pandemic. If there is a legitimate cause for concern, it is the role of government to put in place restrictions to help alleviate them. Less of the blaming the little man, eh?

The most valid word from your post was 'slow'.

Not everyone is vaccinated and it doesn't have a 100% efficacy. Did you expect hospital admissions to decline as restrictions lifted? Surely not. What level of increase would have been acceptable to you at this point? If, as I suspect, your answer is no increase, well that's a dangerous precedent. The total removal of Covid deaths prioritised against all other forms of death and the quality of life of every living being.

Screenshot_20210719-181755~2.png

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 2

Perhaps noting only 18k received their 1st dose today we're creeping towards maximum take up. Maybe the club ruling is a nudge (smack) towards getting that number higher. 

We've already seen from select committees that herd immunity is an idea still present in government. Get peak immunisation uptake and then unleash it before season flu becomes problematic to the heath service

Not saying what's right or wrong, but that's what I think they're doing. Think they'd be happy for us all to get the thing in the next month or so. 

• Like 1

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
24 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Not necessarily at all.

For example it can’t tell us how many double-jabbed people would have been hospitalised with covid but haven’t needed to be because of their vaccination…

36 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

But this isn't a conspiracy. The government announced their intention to introduce vaccine passports (you'll find that's not a particularly conspiratorial course of action), then due to the manifest unpopularity of the proposals promptly u-turned (which they are also if you hadn't noticed rather prone to doing). The have now reneged on the previous pledge not to introduce then (which is also pretty common with the current government). 

If you are suggesting (as has inevitably already happened) that this is motivated solely as a measure to control people as opposed to a virus with a soaring infection rate then I'd be inclined to disagree. If on the other hand you regard such a policy as having rather sinister Orwellian future implications and a dubious path to go down in terms of a democracy, then I very much concur.

43 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Thirty is it now? You simply said "another conspiracy theory comes true btw". Then you should have no trouble listing them - I only wanted the one. 

"The Lads"??? I have never "labelled" any member of this forum an "anti-vaxxer". There are two or three that spring to mind however that themselves declared that they were anti-vaccination, which is a bit different isn't it? What I have called out is unsubstantiated opinion over fact and populist anti-science. I think we had one out and out wackjob conspiracy believer on here twice - the same member. Other than that, the usual smattering of fake news, and social media nonsense. 

So back to the "thirty things that have come true". Remember, you said conspiracy theories.

In your own time. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Well I just thought without them we'd be in an even worse situation but yes it's probably not ideal to have so many in hospital but we don't know who and how seriously ill they are. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Got a link sir?

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations?areaType=nation%26areaName=England#card-vaccination_uptake_by_vaccination_date_age_demographics

18-30 is 58% 

that’s not bad but a little kick higher will make a difference……..

I think they’ve accepted that the next four to six weeks are going to be v tough for the NHS - the hope is that come early September, the virus will have hit a wall ref hospitalisations for severe illness.