Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

You can say that again, serves me right for having fun over the last few weeks.

Doesn't serve you right at all we've all been through shit these 2 years you deserve to let go. Just an unfortunate side effect of a lot of people not mixing with a lot of people for a while sadly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations?areaType=nation%26areaName=England#card-vaccination_uptake_by_vaccination_date_age_demographics

18-30 is 58% 

that’s not bad but a little kick higher will make a difference……..

I think they’ve accepted that the next four to six weeks are going to be v tough for the NHS - the hope is that come early September, the virus will have hit a wall ref hospitalisations for severe illness. 

This maybe true but, I doubt anyone is getting ill deliberately.

The NHS and Government have had long enough to so improve their services. They managed to build several nightingale hospitals almost over night yet no thought on how to staff them. 18 months later and we're still in same situation. 

With the variants of Covid-19 being denoted by letters of the Greek alphabet and having already got up to the lambda variant, what next? Lambda is followed by mu then nu, so the next new variant will be followed by another new variant - the nu variant. That'll confuse people! 

• Haha 2

Just now, Otis said:

This maybe true but, I doubt anyone is getting ill deliberately.

The NHS and Government have had long enough to so improve their services. They managed to build several nightingale hospitals almost over night yet no thought on how to staff them. 18 months later and we're still in same situation. 

I’m still wondering if their modus operandi is to get the masses infected with delta to provide a de facto immunisation program to the under thirties …..they’d never come out any say it but given that the chances of the unvaccinated under thirties dying is v low indeed, they could easily get away with it ! 

1 minute ago, String fellow said:

With the variants of Covid-19 being denoted by letters of the Greek alphabet and having already got up to the lambda variant, what next? Lambda is followed by mu then nu, so the next new variant will be followed by another new variant - the nu variant. That'll confuse people! 

Clearly the WHO will avoid using the letter xi ……….. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Why would the government want to control who goes to night clubs and stuff? Probably bringing in the vaccine passport to prevent mass covid spreading I'd imagine.

Bringing it in in Autumn is a bit weird though. Now or never surely

This will just be the start of what there used for. They will basically become your digital ID. They will eventually be used for everything, possibly even introducing some sort of social credit system further down the line.

Im pro vaccine and have had both jabs but that should be personal choice and people shouldn’t be discriminated against if they choose not to have it.

• Like 2

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

This will just be the start of what there used for. They will basically become your digital ID. They will eventually be used for everything, possibly even introducing some sort of social credit system further down the line.

Im pro vaccine and have had both jabs but that should be personal choice and people shouldn’t be discriminated against if they choose not to have it.

With most things in life, if you’re prepared to take risks then you gain some reward …..those who stick their houses on the line to take loans to start business’ are more likely to make money than those who play it safe.  It could be argued that why should those who aren’t willing to take the vaccine cos it might have long lasting side effects share in the opened up society that you’ve made possible by having your jabs ???

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

With most things in life, if you’re prepared to take risks then you gain some reward …..those who stick their houses on the line to take loans to start business’ are more likely to make money than those who play it safe.  It could be argued that why should those who aren’t willing to take the vaccine cos it might have long lasting side effects share in the opened up society that you’ve made possible by having your jabs ???

I will never ever ever understand this thinking, it's absolutely barmy to me how somebody thinks it's ok to shun someone from society because they decided not to have a vaccine. Let's not forget we've done this previously because of peoples skin colour, their religion or their gender.

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m still wondering if their modus operandi is to get the masses infected with delta to provide a de facto immunisation program to the under thirties …..they’d never come out any say it but given that the chances of the unvaccinated under thirties dying is v low indeed, they could easily get away with it ! 

I think there's an amount of truth in this.

Like they do with chicken pox with children. 

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
1 hour ago, Munshi said:

The Government admitted that ‘Vaccine Only’ passporting was discriminatory only a month ago, yet here we are.

Of course it’s discriminatory.

That’s the whole point.

To discriminate against people who are more likely to spread the virus.

'Earlier today i felt like i had a bit of my life back for the first time in ages. Now i genuinely feel like there’s no point trying to go on in the face of this. Feel like i want to go to sleep and just not wake up.

Feel free to take the piss but 100% serious. I feel done. '

Just seen this message on another forum :nono: Plenty of people to talk to if anyone on here feels like that, DMs are always open.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

it's absolutely barmy to me how somebody thinks it's ok to shun someone from society because they decided not to have a vaccine

Is it absolutely barmy to stop the people most likely to spread a dangerous virus mixing with everyone in an uncontrolled fashion?

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

'Earlier today i felt like i had a bit of my life back for the first time in ages. Now i genuinely feel like there’s no point trying to go on in the face of this. Feel like i want to go to sleep and just not wake up.

Feel free to take the piss but 100% serious. I feel done. '

Just seen this message on another forum :nono: Plenty of people to talk to if anyone on here feels like that, DMs are always open.

I suspect I disagree vehemently with you on pretty much every point ever made on this thread, but fair play and well done for this post.

This is purely another move from the government to force some vaccinations on people and bring their numbers up. The sooner Boris and his cabinet vanish the better, unfortunately he is having too much of a good time to let go and leave.

Vaccinations vs negative test. Pretty sure it would be safer to prove with a negative test over a vaccination status. Vaccinations are not perfect as COVID can still be caught but negative tests should be more accurate. The only reason COVID vaccination status is used is because it is more practical and less admin heavy.

In an ideal world, people would be double vaccinated and have a negative test result. Then it would be near impossible for COVID to spread. Just not viable really.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I suspect I disagree vehemently with you on pretty much every point ever made on this thread, but fair play and well done for this post.

If we all thought the same it'd be a boring world, I never take anything personally on here even if I do have the occasional argument, 99% of people on here are gents (and ladies), as seen with the thread earlier regarding someone being homeless.:thumbup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Go back and read the thread, you aren't stupid as you continually like to discuss decent points on here. Many many times people on here have said certain things will happen (vaccine passports, mandatory masks, yearly booster vaccinations, restrictions on your personal life for not taking the jab, continuous lockdowns, just to name a few off the top of my head) and many times people (including yourself on occasions, but not only you) have basically told them they're being stupid and to just get on with it. When it does actually happen, we're told it's science, it's for our own good, or just get the jab. Whilst you personally yourself may not have labelled some of these things as conspiracy theories, others certainly have.

What? All 908 pages of it? - No, you're alright mate. 

Neither are you. Perhaps it is you that needs to read the thread again. 

??? But these aren't conspiracy theories - we could all see this unfolding. What's your point. It's simply the case that some argue that these measures are justified and others do not. 

To remind you, this is what you said...

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

EDIT: Another conspiracy theory comes true btw...

What "conspiracy theory" and what do you mean by another?  

Followed by this:

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

About 30 things on here that lads continually get labelled as nutters or anti vaxxers for end up coming true, then people like yourselves just dismiss them lol

Such as?

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

and many times people (including yourself on occasions, but not only you) have basically told them they're being stupid and to just get on with it. 

I'm sorry - I have never said anything of the sort. I branded Harry DC as a "stupid little boy" for suggesting that he is living in a totalitarian state, which I stand by. 

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

When it does actually happen, we're told it's science, it's for our own good, or just get the jab. Whilst you personally yourself may not have labelled some of these things as conspiracy theories, others certainly have.

When what happens? Lockdowns were necessary during both waves and the higher the vaccination uptake the more successfully and the faster we can drive down infection rates. 

If someone states "lockdowns don't work" or that "it is scientifically proven that facemasks are ineffective" then yes, I will challenge it. 

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Many of us on here personally know people who have taken the vaccine then passed away, it's quite frankly disgusting. Where does it end? If my pregnant mate doesn't want the booster jab in the autumn, is she not going to be allowed to attend a football match or a gig? And what about those who are medically exempt? It starts a slippery slope.

"Many of us" - that simply isn't true is it? I am absolutely aware of the tragic incidents that you are referring to - at no point have I argued that vaccination should be mandated - not once. I have not passed judgement on one's choice, simply that it is not solely about the individual. Nonetheless, if one chooses not to, then that decision may negatively affect others. 

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm pretty sure Boris mentioned areas with close contact, not just huge gatherings too btw. It'll start off as nightclubs and football matches/gigs, but it'll then move onto cinemas, theatres, pubs etc. Whilst their not directly forcing you to have the jab, basically you'll be frozen out of social life if you don't have it. I can't see how anyone can agree with this or think it's ok.

Indeed it could be, I could see that happening if infection rates reach the worse predicted case scenario. Again, I'm not with you, where is the conspiracy theory? And if someone does agree with this (and not many do) what does that have to do with the extent of these plans? 

19 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

So called freedom day, 

It should never have had that irresponsible title or those connotations. Nothing more than empty spin.

20 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

peoples mental health already in the toilet, we have that glimmer of hope, these businesses struggling, the restrictions loosened so they can finally turn a profit after 18 months and they announce this on the same day. Even if this is purely to get the youngsters into taking the vaccine, and they have no intention of seeing it through, it's sickening what they're putting some people through, they're like an abusive partner, no wonder depression, anxiety and mental health admissions are high.

But irrespective of any government, this is what nature can do. It's a global pandemic for God's sake. the world is not the same. As much as the vaccination programme has been an overwhelming success, the complete removal of restrictions amid a soaring case rate is reckless to the extreme. Regional superspreading events and comorbidities will overwhelm our health services. Read the post from Buce earlier this afternoon. Whilst we have international travel, global infections creating new variants will continue arrive at our shores. It is a possibility that these will have vaccine evading mutations. 

I understand your frustration and your exasperation, but I'm afraid that you are allowing emotion to overcome reason. All I have consistently done on this thread is request substantiation over opinion, challenge populist speculation and dispel anti-science. 

You mentioned "thirty conspiracy theories" that have come true - but when asked to name just one have failed to do so. 

• Like 3

Whether or not we think vaccine passports for nightclubs is a good idea, do we agree that opening nightclubs with no restrictions for two months and then introducing vaccine passports is just bloody stupid?

Surely either:

a) wait, and open nightclubs at the end of September, with vaccine passports;

b) just open nightclubs and forget about vaccine passports;

c) don’t open nightclubs at all.

Just now, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Whether or not we think vaccine passports for nightclubs is a good idea, do we agree that opening nightclubs with no restrictions for two months and then introducing vaccine passports is just bloody stupid?

Surely either:

a) wait, and open nightclubs at the end of September, with vaccine passports;

b) just open nightclubs and forget about vaccine passports;

c) don’t open nightclubs at all.

Opening nightclubs now will help infect the masses as previously discussed …..but more seriously, by the backend of September, everyone who wants a jab will have had the chance of two ……I suspect that’s why they’ve gone with that date. 

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

You mentioned "thirty conspiracy theories" that have come true - but when asked to name just one have failed to do so. 

This was a number plucked out of thin air to emphasize my point, you know I didn't mean exactly THIRTY conspiracy theories.

I also named some that were put in this thread and other places that were previously labelled as conspiracy theories, such as restrictions for those who didn't want the jab, vaccine passports, death numbers being inflated, possible death from the vaccine (blood clots etc.), long term negative side effects, certain people doing very well out of the vaccine (rich getting richer etc.) I'm not talking about silly ones like being magnetic after having the jab.

I'm not gonna argue the rest of your points because it's pointless as we'll never agree, it'll just waste hours of each others time respectfully (and I do respect you and your opinions you know I do:sweating:)