Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Whether or not we think vaccine passports for nightclubs is a good idea, do we agree that opening nightclubs with no restrictions for two months and then introducing vaccine passports is just bloody stupid?

Surely either:

a) wait, and open nightclubs at the end of September, with vaccine passports;

b) just open nightclubs and forget about vaccine passports;

c) don’t open nightclubs at all.

Yep. No logic to it, is there?

Yet another example of governing to stay popular today without thinking about tomorrow. And most of the public will still lap it up when he blames the public and businesses in a few weeks. We get lying cowardice day after day an no one's arsed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Whether or not we think vaccine passports for nightclubs is a good idea, do we agree that opening nightclubs with no restrictions for two months and then introducing vaccine passports is just bloody stupid?

Surely either:

a) wait, and open nightclubs at the end of September, with vaccine passports;

b) just open nightclubs and forget about vaccine passports;

c) don’t open nightclubs at all.

Think end of Sept was chosen as that's when everyone will have (or should have) been offered their 2nd jab, as everyone is now available to book one online.

I'm off to Butlins in September and one of my mates has just had COVID so hasn't had the chance to get his jab yet, so thankfully it's end of September and not the start :D

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

If you're double vaccinated and get pinged, so what?  No isolation.  Therefore no app.  SImple.

Despite this I've already consigned the app to the recycle bin.  What about you?

I assume that you will still be pinged (and therefore be aware that it might be a good idea to have an LFT in a couple of days and a few days after that).  I’d like to know if I’ve possibly been exposed to it so I can check myself out. Ignorance is rarely a good policy, whatever the scenario ……

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Think end of Sept was chosen as that's when everyone will have (or should have) been offered their 2nd jab, as everyone is now available to book one online.

I'm off to Butlins in September and one of my mates has just had COVID so hasn't had the chance to get his jab yet, so thankfully it's end of September and not the start :D

This is another anomoly that the authorities simply aren’t addressing,  if you’ve had covid in the past month then you can’t get a jab. So you’re going to be immune but you won’t have a vaccine passport!  Other countries have policies for those infected within the past few months ….. I guess we’re just going to exclude a chunk of people …… 

Sorry, not had time to read very far back but is the consensus this will affect attendance down the City? 

I'm hoping this will be the final push to get my lad vaccinated (he's been procrastinating and looking for any excuse not to have it). 

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This was a number plucked out of thin air to emphasize my point, you know I didn't mean exactly THIRTY conspiracy theories.

Which was precisely my point - that's what people tend to do and such exaggeration doesn't emphasise your point, it achieves precisely the opposite. So far you haven't successfully named one. Meanwhile another post with typical illusory superiority of the online conspiratorial mindset branded those that don't agree as "ignorant". Presumably, you have no objection to me replying to that? As of yet there has been no response to my request for clarification. 

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I also named some that were put in this thread and other places that were previously labelled as conspiracy theories, such as restrictions for those who didn't want the jab, vaccine passports, death numbers being inflated, possible death from the vaccine (blood clots etc.), long term negative side effects, certain people doing very well out of the vaccine (rich getting richer etc.) I'm not talking about silly ones like being magnetic after having the jab.

No one has labelled these as "conspiracy theories" as you well know.  And yes, some sectors have profiteered or inadvertently thrived during this. E Commerce is one such example. Again, where's the conspiracy theory. The suggestion that this was deliberately engineered by such organisations would indeed be such, but I'm not aware that anyone has made that claim. Are you?

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm not talking about silly ones like being magnetic after having the jab.

Why would you be? I'm asking for conspiracy theories that have come true. You, or anyone else that I have challenged on this have yet to produce just one example. 

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm not gonna argue the rest of your points because it's pointless as we'll never agree, it'll just waste hours of each others time respectfully (and I do respect you and your opinions you know I do:sweating:)

Yes, thank you, and I appreciate that...but I am irrelevant - known science has a voice of its own.

I try to save "opinion" for matchday threads and transfer talk, because contrary to what many believe to be the case, most of the time none of us have the first ****ing clue. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Sorry, not had time to read very far back but is the consensus this will affect attendance down the City? 

I'm hoping this will be the final push to get my lad vaccinated (he's been procrastinating and looking for any excuse not to have it). 

Very likely it will unless it changes you won’t be able to attend if you haven’t had both jabs 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

So I had my first jab on July 2nd, then got Covid last week, my next jab is on august 27th I assume there is no issue with this? 

Given how close the two events were, I suspect your infection and the jab will merge into one event and the second jab being six weeks later will be ok ……. The reality is that your infection last week means you don’t really need a second jab ……

Just now, st albans fox said:

Given how close the two events were, I suspect your infection and the jab will merge into one event and the second jab being six weeks later will be ok ……. The reality is that your infection last week means you don’t really need a second jab ……

Ah right well I guess I’ll just go get it as planned then. 

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Very likely it will unless it changes you won’t be able to attend if you haven’t had both jabs 

They haven’t indicated that this policy is going to be brought in for mass crowd events have they ? 

and they certainly cant bring it in before the end of September at the earliest …..

56 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This is another anomoly that the authorities simply aren’t addressing,  if you’ve had covid in the past month then you can’t get a jab. So you’re going to be immune but you won’t have a vaccine passport!  Other countries have policies for those infected within the past few months ….. I guess we’re just going to exclude a chunk of people …… 

Leeds festival are asking for proof of a positive PCR test within the last 180 days. Imagine a few will do that

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They haven’t indicated that this policy is going to be brought in for mass crowd events have they ? 

and they certainly cant bring it in before the end of September at the earliest …..

This is what Boris said earlier 

“I should serve notice now that by the end of September, when all over-18s will have had their chance to be double jabbed, we are planning to make full vaccination the condition of entry to nightclubs and other venues where large crowds gather,” 

I'm so confused please can somebody shed light? So they assume there's gonna be a peak right? But people with previous infections and double vaccine are still getting infected. So surely it's never gonna peak and just spread and spread? Like sure, most people won't feel the effects of it, but surely we have to accept that due to lack of seasonality we are gonna have covid hospital admissions all year round? I just can't understand how there can logically be a peak when we don't have a sterilising vaccine, and prior infection doesn't stop another infection

Not an antivaxxer or anything, I'm genuinely curious about the science behind it. I understand locking down opening up etc is a fruitless endeavour, I just want to understand the long term goal. Obviously living with the virus is the aim, but I don't understand how it will peak when reinfection as z-layrex has had is a possibility. 

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

So I had my first jab on July 2nd, then got Covid last week, my next jab is on august 27th I assume there is no issue with this? 

Yes you're fine, should be at least 28 days after your symptoms started.

2 minutes ago, BrokenRecord said:

I'm so confused please can somebody shed light? So they assume there's gonna be a peak right? But people with previous infections and double vaccine are still getting infected. So surely it's never gonna peak and just spread and spread? Like sure, most people won't feel the effects of it, but surely we have to accept that due to lack of seasonality we are gonna have covid hospital admissions all year round? I just can't understand how there can logically be a peak when we don't have a sterilising vaccine, and prior infection doesn't stop another infection

Not an antivaxxer or anything, I'm genuinely curious about the science behind it. I understand locking down opening up etc is a fruitless endeavour, I just want to understand the long term goal. Obviously living with the virus is the aim, but I don't understand how it will peak when reinfection as z-layrex has had is a possibility. 

There is a peak coming because we currently have v low double jabbed + 2 weeks for the under 35’s and we have a new v transmissible strain running rampant. 

Once we get the double jabbed numbers above 70/75%,  the cases should theoretically slowly drop away and we will see them ebb and flow but not rise to double figure daily numbers …..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There is a peak coming because we currently have v low double jabbed + 2 weeks for the under 35’s and we have a new v transmissible strain running rampant. 

Once we get the double jabbed numbers above 70/75%,  the cases should theoretically slowly drop away and we will see them ebb and flow but not rise to double figure daily numbers …..

So essentially rather than heavy peaks we will just have little hills on the graphs? As people's immunities will last different, and not everyone with a vaccine will be reinfected, though some might. Makes sense. I've just been stressing myself out trying to work out the strategy in play, and couldn't realistically see how it would sotp spreading with reinfextions, but there's no guarantee everyone gets reinfected. Thanks for your comment, it helps me keep it in perspective. 

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Ah, look at me, getting annoyed over an internet forum again FFS.

Mr Loyal sir, please never allow yourself to get annoyed on an internet forum.

Happened to me once a few years back and haven't let it happen again.

Folk seem to get proper stressed on here over stuff they really shouldn't.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Mr Loyal sir, please never allow yourself to get annoyed on an internet forum.

Happened to me once a few years back and haven't let it happen again.

...So you decided to do it to others on the politics thread. ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nod.E said:

The bloody nightclubs are open. I'll say it again, the actions of individuals will have minimal impact.

People wearing masks in the belief it will protect themselves and others are papering over the cracks, if indeed there is a looming crisis on the horizon. It's the belief that plugging a bottle-sized hole stops the water flowing out of the football-pitch-sized gap further down the line. 

It is not our responsibility as civilians to direct the course of the pandemic. If there is a legitimate cause for concern, it is the role of government to put in place restrictions to help alleviate them. Less of the blaming the little man, eh?

The most valid word from your post was 'slow'.

Not everyone is vaccinated and it doesn't have a 100% efficacy. Did you expect hospital admissions to decline as restrictions lifted? Surely not. What level of increase would have been acceptable to you at this point? If, as I suspect, your answer is no increase, well that's a dangerous precedent. The total removal of Covid deaths prioritised against all other forms of death and the quality of life of every living being.

Screenshot_20210719-181755~2.png

Brighton admitted 20 covid patients just today, TWENTY. That's in one small city on the south coast. Stop washing your hands of it and take some personal responsibility. There wont be anything slow about it once it hits that point of exponential growth it's just going to take a bit longer.

The government is throwing us under the bus, the least we could do is try and look after each other while this all goes tits up AGAIN. By I dunno, wearing masks!

• Like 1