Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Interesting.

Labour claiming they are against vaccine passport with one hand but then claiming the won't rules out vaccine passports for nightclubs or big venues.

What do they want? Are they just sitting on the fence just so that can't moan whenever Conservatives do either/or?

"Let's see what the government comes forward with" simply translates to whatever they propose we'll find something to disagree with or oppose it not necessarily for any reason other than just to be awkward bastards

This is why politics is a load a bullshit and a prime example of politicians and parties simply disagreeing, moaning, opposing, arguing and bickering for the sake of it just because its not their idea and people/supporters on either side lap it up. Fucking pathetic - from any which side.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Vaccine passports are great in theory but the idea of having to show papers to basically live your life? During a pandemic I get it but how likely are this or any government to relinquish such powers when the time comes? It's potentially a very, very slippery slope. 

It’s anathema to this govt. they will not persist with it once there is no virus widely circulating and threatening us. 

• Haha 2

On 18/07/2021 at 21:04, Cardiff_Fox said:

Stark reminder of it all this weekend. 

My brother in law had to put his mate in the recovery position yesterday afternoon. 

The lad in question is mid 20s, double jabbed and previously had COVID. He’s been double jabbed because despite being healthy, he had one of kidneys removed. That condition he developed wasn’t because of unhealthy diet or lifestyle. It was genetics. Luck. 

Thankfully he regained consciousness and the ambulance said if he’s stable, we won’t bring him in. The event was totally in line with multiple occasions they associate with long covid. 

so if this stuff is happening why should people if they feel ok be made to be vaccinated or they are not allowed in places its a joke imo

16 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

so if this stuff is happening why should people if they feel ok be made to be vaccinated or they are not allowed in places its a joke imo

Boris' defence on waiting 6 weeks was to give all 18 to 30 year olds the opportunity to get a second jab before the rules come into effect.  PM Qs today.  

How thoughtful of him.

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

The post was about long covid ………. if the chap in question had been vaccinated before he originally caught covid, perhaps his long covid wouldn’t have been so severe ??? we can probably assume that long covid following post vaccine infection will be less notable. We won’t know for sure for another few months…..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Boris' defence on waiting 6 weeks was to give all 18 to 30 year olds the opportunity to get a second jab before the rules come into effect.  PM Qs today.  

How thoughtful of him.

To be fair to him, that’s not an unreasonable position to take on grounds of fairness ……

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SystonFox said:

Got pinged this morning. Pingdemic in full flow. Isolating because my phone was likely next to someone’s bag last week for a couple minutes.  
Lunacy

Even given my background in the NHS, this is why I don't keep the NHS Covid app open. It's totally inaccurate and potentially hundreds of people are needlessly self-isolating risking their jobs and the possibility of smaller companies failing to survive having struggled in the previous waves.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Got pinged this morning. Pingdemic in full flow. Isolating because my phone was likely next to someone’s bag last week for a couple minutes.  
Lunacy

Just take a LFT and if negative it saves you isolating cos an inaccurate app told you to.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Lunacy

It’s not a legal requirement unless test and trace call you 

in the meantime, you make the call ….as @Unabomberposts, why not take an LFT each morning and go about your business as if you may be infectious. personal responsibility……

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s not a legal requirement unless test and trace call you 

in the meantime, you make the call ….as @Unabomberposts, why not take an LFT each morning and go about your business as if you may be infectious. personal responsibility……

Ironically I’d taken an LFT prior to being pinged. Negative.

I can WFH and my company is in healthcare so I can’t go in until the isolation period is over

My isolation cost is hard to measure but its made a genuine and negative impact on my company and that will have a knock on effect on a number of others.

I'm negative and symptom free; 

Yet we are letting people en masse in to nightclubs.

I am happy to isolate. I just sometimes think I'm in the Truman show.

• Like 1

This probably sounds stupid but as I’m going to be coming into contact with loads of people at the weekend I’ve gone for another PCR today. Been at Wembley 3x for the Euros, came down with a grim cough over the weekend but tested negative, mate has tested positive on lateral flow and there is no way I’ve not got it if he has and my taste has gone today.

Weirdly, I can taste sweet and sour but that’s it. If this test comes back negative I’m ****ing baffled. 

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

This probably sounds stupid but as I’m going to be coming into contact with loads of people at the weekend I’ve gone for another PCR today. Been at Wembley 3x for the Euros, came down with a grim cough over the weekend but tested negative, mate has tested positive on lateral flow and there is no way I’ve not got it if he has and my taste has gone today.

Weirdly, I can taste sweet and sour but that’s it. If this test comes back negative I’m ****ing baffled. 

I hope you are positive just to put you out of your misery! I also hope you are fine.

22 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I hope you are positive just to put you out of your misery! I also hope you are fine.

Yeah feeling better now thanks mate. Either way I’ve only got to isolate till Saturday.

You all recovered now?

4 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Lunacy

You know it's just advisory right? You don't have to isolate. It's only law if track and trace tells you to isolate as a confirmed close contact.

Edited by z-layrex