Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

40 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I still get some spicy. I've been adding chilli to everything.

Also weirdly can still taste red wine vinegar. 

The smell is weirder. Spray deodorant, nothing. Stick your nose in a bottle of white spirit, nothing.

I keep doing delicious farts, forgetting as I lean back to get a good whiff, then disappointment sets in as nothing. All I have for comfort is the complaints from my wife.

See, this is the beauty of smoking for 30 years, can’t smell a thing and your mrs can  fart as much as she likes.

Edited by yorkie1999

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

If they were confident enough to let the public go around with no restrictions, then for me, the test and trace/isolation rules should have been dropped.

You can't have hundreds of thousands of people positive at any one point and then expect them and close contacts to isolate, it'll be chaos..as we're seeing right now.

I hadn't even thought about the possibility that people would use it as an excuse to kick back for 10 days and claim sick pay. 

actually, if you're told isolate, your employer can claim furlough (unsure if that's limited to test and trace only)

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

actually, if you're told isolate, your employer can claim furlough (unsure if that's limited to test and trace only)

No wonder the government are panicking , 1200 x 600000 for 2 weeks is an awful lot of pound notes

Hmm.

If we've hitting the peak then that's a testament to the vaccines working really well. If the virus is running out of hosts already then we're winning massively. Will be interesting to see the average over the next week now. I'd still expect a climb but we shall see. 

image.thumb.png.8aeb42fa327f0ddcde12a0bbb93012c0.png

Edited by filbertway

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Also noticed they updated the metric in calculating percentage of population vaccinated. Obviously trying to bring the figures down to push more vaccines out.

I know cynicism is often justified, but you're taking it to an impressive level there.  You don't think there is a valid reason for using the most up-to-date population figures? :huh:

Hmm.

If we've hitting the peak then that's a testament to the vaccines working really well. If the virus is running out of hosts already then we're winning massively. Will be interesting to see the average over the next week now. I'd still expect a climb but we shall see. 

Email this to Ferguson and see what he says...

Hmm.

Everyone one of us who went to Wembley should be deemed heroes in the same way those on the roof in Chernobyl were. Martyrs.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Went to Merridale walk in centre today for my Vac. Peter Andre was there as well, with another chap working at the Curve.  Didn't realise until he started vlogging and caught everyone's attention. 

I (and around 20 other people) discovered that he is severely scared of needles. He didn't bother vlogging that. 

• Haha 3

On 15/07/2021 at 14:15, Carl the Llama said:

Hang about.  Do you have a hidden disability or just a card saying you do?  Because if it's the former then surely you'd be grateful for the people wearing masks to protect others who can't like yourself, I'd suggest you reconsider what exactly it is that's upsetting you here.

It cost me 55p off the net. A great investment thanks 👍

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Went to Merridale walk in centre today for my Vac. Peter Andre was there as well, with another chap working at the Curve.  Didn't realise until he started vlogging and caught everyone's attention. 

I (and around 20 other people) discovered that he is severely scared of needles. He didn't bother vlogging that. 

Are you sure it was the vaccine you got injected with mate? I’m concerned.

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/covid-vaccine-second-jab-early-eight-weeks-more-likely-affected-fourth-wave-1105488

Warnings over the lack of long-term protection offered by jab intervals shorter than eight weeks come as scores of under 40s continue to receive second doses early at walk-in clinics, contrary to Government guidance.

“There is very good immunological and vaccine effectiveness evidence that the longer you leave that second dose the better for Pfizer and eight weeks seems to be a reasonable compromise.”

An NHS England spokesperson said vaccination centres were being contacted and told not to administer second doses ahead of the eight-week delay. 

“Every site should vaccinate in line with JCVI guidance which is clear that second doses should take place eight weeks after the first,” they added.

Edited by brucey

7 minutes ago, brucey said:

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/covid-vaccine-second-jab-early-eight-weeks-more-likely-affected-fourth-wave-1105488

Warnings over the lack of long-term protection offered by jab intervals shorter than eight weeks come as scores of under 40s continue to receive second doses early at walk-in clinics, contrary to Government guidance.

“There is very good immunological and vaccine effectiveness evidence that the longer you leave that second dose the better for Pfizer and eight weeks seems to be a reasonable compromise.”

An NHS England spokesperson said vaccination centres were being contacted and told not to administer second doses ahead of the eight-week delay. 

“Every site should vaccinate in line with JCVI guidance which is clear that second doses should take place eight weeks after the first,” they added.

The original guidance stated 3 weeks.  Govt ignored this and went for 12.  Now we're being told 8?  Mine was 5 lol

They make stuff up as they go along.  As and when it suits.

The push is all about getting 1st jabs to 18 to 30 year olds.  Everything else is secondary to that right now.

13 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The original guidance stated 3 weeks.  Govt ignored this and went for 12.  Now we're being told 8?  Mine was 5 lol

The push is all about getting 1st jabs to 18 to 30 year olds.  Everything else is secondary to that right now.

The longer the interval the better it seems. This is also the case for many vaccines against other diseases. 12 wks gap giving stronger long term protection than 8 wks gap, at the cost of lower short term protection during the 4 wk interval. So 8 wks is a compromise. Just thought it's interesting that the UK's calculated risk seems to have paid off, after a lot of angst about going against the manufacturer recommendation of a 3 wks gap (because they hadn't bothered to trial a longer gap).

11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Cases dropping.  Removing restrictions must be having a positive impact...  Ferguson will not be pleased!

Screenshot_20210722-215701_Samsung Internet.jpg

I believe that the positivity rate is not dropping …..that there are less tests being taken ….you can muse as to why that is ……

• Like 1

Happy to see fewer cases today but do people still not get lags 18 months in?

We are yet to see the effect of the lifting of restrictions. Just like we are yet to see the full effect of the last few weeks' case numbers. 

I'm very much a 'Corona centrist' right now and I think we will soon see cases falling. But it is remarkable that we still have people taking a daily number as PROOF of something that has happened literally a couple of days prior. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Orrrrrr this is a new disease and they change the advice as the latest research comes out. Was always going to happen with a new disease that we know little about.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

Orrrrrr this is a new disease and they change the advice as the latest research comes out. Was always going to happen with a new disease that we know little about.

100% agree but given that the trick here is to get as many people double jabbed as quickly as is logistically possible, one would think that they would set a target of five/six weeks …….my suspicion is that they don’t have the Pfizer supplies to do this. 

16 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

I know cynicism is often justified, but you're taking it to an impressive level there.  You don't think there is a valid reason for using the most up-to-date population figures? :huh:

Oh absolutely. It's just the "convenient" timing. It is the right thing to do, but why not months ago.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

a study on schools where daily testing of possible close contacts rather than self isolation shows that we should be testing and not isolating - roll this out to the whole of society and we shouldn’t be isolating outside of households :

image.thumb.png.1c2e0540d4ffdd82248dd4a4faeeb75a.png

Were those LFR tests - does it say?