Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Encouraging numbers. Second jab for me tomorrow, hopefully feel alright after.

Wonder if it is the effect post-EUROs. Everyone being a bit more reserved again now and not going OTT. Will also help when all schools are done for summer.

Let's see what the next few days bring and if the trend continues. Promising for now especially with the mass easing.

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Wonder if it is the effect post-EUROs. Everyone being a bit more reserved again now and not going OTT. Will also help when all schools are done for summer.

Let's see what the next few days bring and if the trend continues. Promising for now especially with the mass easing.

Yeah I did think Euros, and the schools being closed was always going to have an effect. Hopefully we've seen the peak. 

4 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

This is a policy for tomorrow, or next week, or at the outside, next month.  What is their proposed long term policy?

Looks like they have a zero covid policy. But won't ever admit it. 

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The trend continues downwards for now. You'd expect the effects of people going to bars and clubs to be visible next week, so we'll see how it's looking then. It's hard not to be feeling a bit positive atm though. 

As was mentioned last night, less tests also means less positive cases. the rate may still be the same but its certainly better than it continuing to go upwards.  did hear that there was a shortage of LFT tests a couple days ago.......

hearing more and more of people being symptomatic after double jab + 2 weeks.  way more than you'd expect for the apparent 90% protection we were led to believe existed against symptomatic cases. i'm pretty sure that we can assume that delta will, more often than not, infect you, double jabbed or not !  whether that leads to symptomatic/asymptomatic and therefore your 'transmissabilty'  is still unclear ........

• Like 1

Starting to think dealing with track and trace is worse than having Covid. Started getting symptoms last Wednesday, tested negative, tested positive yesterday and track and trace wouldn’t allow me to enter the date I actually started getting symptoms and as a result I’m isolating until Tuesday instead of tomorrow.

Been passed all over the shop to try to resolve it and now on hold for half an hour. Arseholes

22 minutes ago, dayday said:

I work in the food trade, and my son has got Covid, do I have to self isolate?

Yes. The exemption (daily testing) is for people who have been pinged by the app as a close contact. If you live with him and he's tested positive you have to isolate.

• Like 1

Bit of an upward curve going on here on the states due to the delta variant, apparently.  The biggest hospital system here in the Carolinas has now  made it mandatory for all staff to be vaccinated. They said failure to do so could get you sacked.

51 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

As was mentioned last night, less tests also means less positive cases. the rate may still be the same but its certainly better than it continuing to go upwards.  did hear that there was a shortage of LFT tests a couple days ago.......

hearing more and more of people being symptomatic after double jab + 2 weeks.  way more than you'd expect for the apparent 90% protection we were led to believe existed against symptomatic cases. i'm pretty sure that we can assume that delta will, more often than not, infect you, double jabbed or not !  whether that leads to symptomatic/asymptomatic and therefore your 'transmissabilty'  is still unclear ........

The weekly ONS update next will be probably be a clearer indication. Its promising that were seeing a drop regardless though.

Developing symptoms and being seriously I'll can be miles apart though, I dont recall seeing that symptoms would be prevented, just that itll help prevent serious illness.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Why are you so skeptical of vaccine effectiveness against infection? It's there in black and white to see. Two doses leads to a 79% reduction in symptomatic infection (AZ+Pfizer combined). Public Health England tracking of millions of people is going to a lot more accurate than all of our anecdotes!

Also tests completed haven't dipped in line with cases, they're the same. The % stat lags by a few days so we'll hopefully be seeing it come down over the next few days.

It's going to be ok!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trumpet said:

Depends. If it’s marmite, feel free to isolate.

I thought Donald Trump was in favour of injecting Marmite directly into a vein to prevent sunlight accelerating the infection and saving you taking bleach as an IV drip.. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Starting to think dealing with track and trace is worse than having Covid. Started getting symptoms last Wednesday, tested negative, tested positive yesterday and track and trace wouldn’t allow me to enter the date I actually started getting symptoms and as a result I’m isolating until Tuesday instead of tomorrow.

Been passed all over the shop to try to resolve it and now on hold for half an hour. Arseholes

We went to a wedding in the Isle of Man last weekend. The IoM gov website said we would be free to travel as normal with no restrictions on arrival as we had double jabs. 

One of the attending family had children under 16 that hadn't had jabs but had tested negative 3 times before travel. The IoM gov doesn't accept tests done in England, something they didn't know until arriving in Douglas the day before the wedding. They immediately went for a test. They explained the situation to 119 NHS direct and said they would ring to get the results. They rang and were on hold for 3 hours!! When they got through, 119 said they were going through each individual case one at a time. The situation regarding the 3 negative tests and the wedding was explained once again. Nothing but a sorry, nothing we can do, ring in the morning (of the wedding).

Fortunately after another 90 mins in the queue, they got the negative result with an hour to go!

Edited by Parafox

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

We went to a wedding in the Isle of Man last weekend. The IoM gov website said we would be free to travel as normal with no restrictions on arrival as we had double jabs. 

One of the attending family had children under 16 that hadn't had jabs but had tested negative 3 times before travel. The IoM gov doesn't accept tests done in England, something they didn't know until arriving in Douglas the day before the wedding. They immediately went for a test. They explained the situation to 119 NHS direct and said they would ring to get the results. They rang and were on hold for 3 hours!! When they got through, 119 said they were going through each individual case one at a time. The situation regarding the 3 negative tests and the wedding was explained once again. Nothing but a sorry, nothing we can do, ring in the morning (of the wedding).

Fortunately they got the negative result with an hour to go!

That's ridiculous and as per my earlier posts; someone somewhere is making a pile of cash out of this.

And its not us, is it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Fortunately after another 90 mins in the queue, they got the negative result with an hour to go!

Also, I hope you managed to enjoy the wedding. Must be a nightmare travelling for things like this in the current climate.

Our isolation has somehow meant we've missed a wedding and a Christening. Time you can never get back.

Still, it is what it is; I just hope our compliance doesn't end up being in vain.

9 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Honestly it’s pathetic isn’t it.

After all that they added a note to say I’m allowed out 2 days sooner lol farce.

• Like 1

Everyone who was following the rules pretty well before are probably still being a little bit cautious, or at the very least respectful of the virus. People who dont give a shit, didn't give a shit before the restrictions lifted so I don't think too much as changed. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Claridge said:

If people who are refusing to take the jab are in hospital, then I’m sorry but…

I know what you're saying and you've probably been jabbed, as i have, but there are two sides to every arguement. You can't really blame young people who basically live on social media, refusing the jab after seeing some of the videos floating about with people being left half crippled after getting jabbed, shaking and unable to walk. Whether they're true or not is another story.

4 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

By "letting rip", are you saying that level 4 was fine but the current policy makes a lot of difference, or are you angling for the tougher restrictions of level 3, 2, or even full on lockdown being reintroduced?  Either way, I'm not convinced that leaving it till October to protect the under 30's will work.  October wouldn't be a good time to "let rip" a respiratory virus, and the number of deaths of under 30's (12 in the last 3 months) isn't all that high - it could well be more than offset by the lives lost.

I take your point, and it is pleasing to see some more encouraging numbers. Just a bit worried that hospitalisation is still rising, but perhaps that will start to flatten off soon too. As I’ve said many times, I don’t live there so I’m viewing from afar and wishing everyone well as sooner or later we’re all going to have to go through this process.

Edited by WigstonWanderer