Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

4 hours ago, Buce said:

Mrs Buce and daughter Buce have both come down with that bloody Noravirus.

We're knee-deep in vomit soaked towels and bedlinen. Joy. :(

That sounds fun. Commiserations.

Does Noravirus leave you looking like this?

You can stay in Nora Batty's house from Last Of The Summer Wine from £11pp  a night

5 hours ago, Buce said:

Glad the weather is cooler now otherwise the shit would have hit the fan

Hope they make a swift recovery 

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Are you sure it's Noravirus and they're not just sick of you? ;)

No need to wonder.

I'm sure you can find a poll...

8 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

That sounds fun. Commiserations.

Does Noravirus leave you looking like this?

You can stay in Nora Batty's house from Last Of The Summer Wine from £11pp  a night

Thanks, Alf.

I had no idea that you are aquainted with the MIL...

8 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Glad the weather is cooler now otherwise the shit would have hit the fan

Hope they make a swift recovery 

Alas...

ogxTU29_HcuG-FU9YKC73Z4dnxsw-gvUkAwA8Sa7

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

I read this before going to sleep. I thought to myself, why would the weather make a difference to a norovirus outbreak. Huh maybe he knows something I dont.

Woke up at 3 in the morning and verbally said "oh for ****s sake".

lol

And you with a brain the size of a planet...

9 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

0C54A86F-7DC6-485F-81AF-A2B25BBBA239.png.12f19c61a88b4c081be6c90522088739.png

As ridiculous as this looks it actually makes some sense. we’ve known for a long time that the virus shows up in sh1t and being airborne transmissible I guess this is just logical ??   If you don’t want to catch  it I would avoid all city away ends for some time ! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Buce said:

Oh god, sorry to hear that. Horrible 

I had heard this was back doing the rounds, another consequence of us bing locked down for ages.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

As ridiculous as this looks it actually makes some sense. we’ve known for a long time that the virus shows up in sh1t and being airborne transmissible I guess this is just logical ??   If you don’t want to catch  it I would avoid all city away ends for some time ! 

Is it in B O as well then?

• Haha 1

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
On 25/07/2021 at 11:36, Paninistickers said:

Only wondering aloud, but it might work the other way, a bit like antibiotics v bacteria 

The better the vaccines work, the stronger the virus might become in order to survive. The easier a virus passes, the weaker it becomes as it need not be so aggressive

If it did work like that (I have no idea whether it does), I reckon everyone being vaccinated would be even more important, as a much stronger virus running rampant through unvaccinated people might be horrific on a scale way above what we’ve seen.

3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

I’ve just done two rapids tests and tested positive, gone to do a proper one as well just waiting on the result. This is after already isolating for 8 days due to my brother having it. We were so careful I can’t believe I’ve caught it

Me too mate, was so carefully hugging strangers at Wembley, travelling on every form of public transport possible and sharing drinks with people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Someone I know got taken in to hospital over the weekend. He’s only around 50 I think, hoping he pulls through. Mad how last year I hardly knew anyone who had the virus, over the last few weeks myself included I know loads who have had/have it. 

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Someone I know got taken in to hospital over the weekend. He’s only around 50 I think, hoping he pulls through. Mad how last year I hardly knew anyone who had the virus, over the last few weeks myself included I know loads who have had/have it. 

I'm so sorry to hear that. Do you know whether he is double vaccinated? 

Cases continue to drop. Really interested to see what the ONS data is from their random survey this week. If that shows a drop as well then you'd think there's a real possibility that we're hitting herd immunity with the delta variant.

12 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Hope he gets better soon mate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

If it did work like that (I have no idea whether it does), I reckon everyone being vaccinated would be even more important, as a much stronger virus running rampant through unvaccinated people might be horrific on a scale way above what we’ve seen.

Well yes, of course. 

Or, equally as likely, a much stronger version may well run roughshod over vaccines killing all.and sundry regardless of vaccinated or not. 

Time will tell, I suppose 

4 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

I’ve just done two rapids tests and tested positive, gone to do a proper one as well just waiting on the result. This is after already isolating for 8 days due to my brother having it. We were so careful I can’t believe I’ve caught it

Did he fart on you? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Well yes, of course. 

Or, equally as likely, a much stronger version may well run roughshod over vaccines killing all.and sundry regardless of vaccinated or not. 

Time will tell, I suppose 

The virus would die very quickly if it was killing everyone

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Cases continue to drop. Really interested to see what the ONS data is from their random survey this week. If that shows a drop as well then you'd think there's a real possibility that we're hitting herd immunity with the delta variant.

Isn’t part of this drop due to massively reduced testing for schools ?  And I dare say a lot of infrequent testers have given up on the idea of late 

2 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Isn’t part of this drop due to massively reduced testing for schools ?  And I dare say a lot of infrequent testers have given up on the idea of late 

Aye potentially, which is why the ONS weekly survey data over the next week or two will probably be more telling.

I am hoping though, that a combination of vaccines and mass numbers of u30s contracting the virus means that there are much fewer suitable hosts for the virus and it's struggling to spread.

Edited by filbertway

5 minutes ago, FLAN said:

I don't think tests dropped so significantly that it would have an impact on cases. I think, as always, there are multiple factors. EURO's have finished, more outdoor mixing than indoor, less kids attending school etc.

17 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Are the routine tests for schools included in the daily figures?