Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

57 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Me too mate, was so carefully hugging strangers at Wembley, travelling on every form of public transport possible and sharing drinks with people. 

I meant staying away from him! 😆 definitely not one of those to lock myself indoors I’ve been out and about (as we should) just surprised it’s taken me this long to get it

I feel physically sick. Thought I’d be able to come back and skip quarantine meaning I can have my Mum meet my newborn and give her a hug for the first time in 18 months.

All over the news ‘amber country arrivals who are British citizens and vaccinated abroad will be able to skip quarantine from Aug 1’

You have to have a fvcking GP register that your vaccine is approved. Literally every announcement has a small line of text making this all impossible.

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

I feel physically sick. Thought I’d be able to come back and skip quarantine meaning I can have my Mum meet my newborn and give her a hug for the first time in 18 months.

All over the news ‘amber country arrivals who are British citizens and vaccinated abroad will be able to skip quarantine from Aug 1’

You have to have a fvcking GP register that your vaccine is approved. Literally every announcement has a small line of text making this all impossible.

Similar for us, and they really haven't thought this one through I don't think. 

I'm a British citizen vaccinated abroad, living in an amber list country, but obviously I no longer have a GP, because well, I live abroad! 

Incidentally, has travel opened up now to the USA? I haven't looked for a while? 

5 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

At this rate Ferguson is due to be out by a factor of 10.

Impressive, even by his standards.

Ferguson again 'Legend' - seriously. let it go. Be happy that cases appear to be declining - let's wait and see. I believe, he offered that figure as the "worst case scenario" yes? Here's what he said about cases hitting 100,000 a day: “The real question is do we get to double that – or even higher? And that’s where the crystal ball starts to fail. I mean, we could get to 2,000 hospitalisations a day, 200,000 cases a day – but it’s much less certain.”

Oddly you still refuse to discuss Mike Yeadon's steadfast proclamation of herd immunity being reached last December. How about 'Lockdown Sceptics' Toby Young's claim that a common cold could provide natural immunity to SARS-CoV-2?, or self proclaimed 'diet guru' Ivor Cummins who also stated last year that "no new waves of the virus were coming because most people were by now immune." All of which you parroted on here. Every time I remind you of that, strangely, you decline to comment. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Funny thing is, had Boris extended the restrictions further for another 4 weeks he (and his scientific chums) would most likely attribute them to the continuing decrease in cases.

Absolutely agree with that....depending upon the next few weeks of course. 

And your own reliance upon Young, Yeadon and Cummins?...only, you forgot to answer. 

Edited by Line-X

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

We need to note school finishes and people stopping doing tests due to "freedom" day. Would love to see the number of tests taken in comparison

But it's hugely promising to see. 

But surely people with symptoms are still taking them? Therefore a lot of people either haven't got symptoms and aren't testing or the amount of people it spreads to is decreasing.

I thought the Euros played a major part in the jump, we're now two weeks on from that finishing.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

But surely people with symptoms are still taking them? Therefore a lot of people either haven't got symptoms and aren't testing or the amount of people it spreads to is decreasing.

I thought the Euros played a major part in the jump, we're now two weeks on from that finishing.

I'd imagine many are taking Lateral flows rather than PCR's. Look above in this thread and you'll see people take Lateral flow tests until they get a positive, wouldn't shock me that's other also did this but maybe don't do the PCR.

You could be right with the Euros however. Honestly I'm just guessing at this point, realistically we don't know. 

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Similar for us, and they really haven't thought this one through I don't think. 

I'm a British citizen vaccinated abroad, living in an amber list country, but obviously I no longer have a GP, because well, I live abroad! 

Incidentally, has travel opened up now to the USA? I haven't looked for a while? 

No but the immigration team at work are telling me my US son could be a loophole so I went looking into it this morning and then read that.

I’m really done with it all. Constant daily battle as to whether I stick pursuing my dream career or jack it in because this country clearly doesn’t care about legal immigrants.

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Absolutely agree with that....depending upon the next few weeks of course. 

And your own reliance upon Young, Yeadon and Cummins?...only, you forgot to answer. 

It’s like reverse Beetlejuice. Mention these three names and he disappears.

• Haha 3

UK tests have been averaging just of 1 Million per day over the last 30 days. 

In comparison France is 300k & Germany 100k & Italy 200k per day during the previous 7 days.

Edited by Otis
Clarification

Looking at the gov website, the number of PCR test has declined today to 280k, which you would say is likely reason for the drop in cases. However, the number was nearly 420k a few days ago, this would a reason for today’s lower total, but not the reason for the 5/6 day drop as the number of tests done was higher when the figures started to fall. Just found it interesting. So the number of tests could be a factor today, but not the main reason for this happening. 

It seems interesting that it’s happening, the dip. It’s going to level out at some point but to what point is the bit that’s unknown. Vaccines? Euros? Schools Euros finishing? Time will tell. 

Edited by fox_favourite

24 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Looking at the gov website, the number of PCR test has declined today to 280k, which you would say is likely reason for the drop in cases. However, the number was nearly 420k a few days ago, this would a reason for today’s lower total, but not the reason for the 5/6 day drop as the number of tests done was higher when the figures started to fall. Just found it interesting. So the number of tests could be a factor today, but not the main reason for this happening. 

It seems interesting that it’s happening, the dip. It’s going to level out at some point but to what point is the bit that’s unknown. Vaccines? Euros? Schools Euros finishing? Time will tell. 

PCR tests are usually taken on the back of a positive LFT or if you have symptoms.  If less PCR’s are being taken then it’s likely because there Is less reason to take them ….

on a ‘you couldn’t make it up’ note, I visited my mum for the first time since feb’20 in her care home. Her dementia has got a lot worse over the lockdowns and I simply felt  no motivation to travel 200 miles for her not to know who I was. Been seeing her regularly on a Facebook portal call so I’ve seen the deterioration.  Anyway, the point of this story is that having finally gone to see her, I am told on my way back home that my youngest daughter isnt well and has a pos LFT ……. So now I’m worrying that I may have taken covid into a care home (despite my neg LFT this morning ).   Like I said - you couldn’t make it up.   My wife,  having had both the initial Italian infection and then alpha is determined that she gets onto bbc breakfast if she contracts delta ….

9 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

If I’ve had Covid and isolated and someone in my household then catches it themselves, do I then have to isolate for 10 days from them developing symptoms?

Yeah. 

"If you develop COVID-19 symptoms at any point after ending your first period of isolation you and your household should follow the steps in this guidance again."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection

Just now, z-layrex said:

Yeah. 

"If you develop COVID-19 symptoms at any point after ending your first period of isolation you and your household should follow the steps in this guidance again."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection

Oh wow, strap in kids.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

PCR tests are usually taken on the back of a positive LFT or if you have symptoms.  If less PCR’s are being taken then it’s likely because there Is less reason to take them ….

on a ‘you couldn’t make it up’ note, I visited my mum for the first time since feb’20 in her care home. Her dementia has got a lot worse over the lockdowns and I simply felt  no motivation to travel 200 miles for her not to know who I was. Been seeing her regularly on a Facebook portal call so I’ve seen the deterioration.  Anyway, the point of this story is that having finally gone to see her, I am told on my way back home that my youngest daughter isnt well and has a pos LFT ……. So now I’m worrying that I may have taken covid into a care home (despite my neg LFT this morning ).   Like I said - you couldn’t make it up.   My wife,  having had both the initial Italian infection and then alpha is determined that she gets onto bbc breakfast if she contracts delta ….

So sorry to hear that you seem to be having such a hard time during this whole episode. Hope it all works out OK.

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Ok I now understand why you’re a bit skeptical of immunity based things! Fingers crossed you should both be fine, each exposure to disease through infection or vaccination builds your immunity.