Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Hearing multiple examples of numerous negative lateral flows yet testing positive on the PCR. Has there been much talk of this variant not being picked up by them?

I would suspect that the lft’s aren’t sensitive enough to pick up many of the ‘weak’ positives whereas the pcr’s are catching all positives (including those where the vaccinated are carrying a very low viral load which would probably be difficult to pass on).  

are you aware if most of these false negs are on double vaccinated people ??

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I would suspect that the lft’s aren’t sensitive enough to pick up many of the ‘weak’ positives whereas the pcr’s are catching all positives (including those where the vaccinated are carrying a very low viral load which would probably be difficult to pass on).  

are you aware if most of these false negs are on double vaccinated people ??

Well I’ve had multiple so yeah, also a false negative on the PCR. Some of the others I would say aren’t fully vaccinated. Just interesting as I know loads of people with it at the minute and most are negative on lateral flows.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Hearing multiple examples of numerous negative lateral flows yet testing positive on the PCR. Has there been much talk of this variant not being picked up by them?

I'm double vaccinated and tested negative on a number of lateral flows, was until around day 4-5 of feeling ill the lateral flow pick me up as positive. I think at lot depends when you take the flow test

30 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm double vaccinated and tested negative on a number of lateral flows, was until around day 4-5 of feeling ill the lateral flow pick me up as positive. I think at lot depends when you take the flow test

Yeah I agree, I did multiple when full of it though and only one was positive. It’s a strange one.

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

1st day back in the office yesterday, phone call that night saying someone had Covid… so 10 day isolation. Just coming off the back of a 9 day one lol

**** that.

Shouldn’t laugh but I’m anticipating this happening with me very soon.

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

1st day back in the office yesterday, phone call that night saying someone had Covid… so 10 day isolation. Just coming off the back of a 9 day one lol

**** that.

Same bud, I got pinged from the flight back from our hold, my isolation ends tomorrow, and guess what the kids get covid, so another 10 fooling days.

Worse still we were due to go on holiday on Saturday to Malaga, ALL cancelled.

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

There was a TikTok vid showing how to do that, but I would have thought that it would have to be followed up by a PCR test. 

If a kid can figure out that squirting on a bit of lemon juice can give a positive result, i'm sure they'll figure out how to rig a pcr test. My mrs works in a school and she told me that if someone tests positive, all of a sudden they'll have about 30 friends that were with the one that tested positive.

19 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I've got ichy balls, do I have covid

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

No, crabs!

1 minute ago, Otis said:

If that's a symptom I've had covid crabs for 40 years 

• Haha 1

New figures show that 24% of patients in hospital with covid were not admitted for covid reasons.  That seems to be making the ‘experts’ feel even better about hospitalisations but it occurs to me that it means there are an awful lot more infections out there than we thought. it’s already clearly widespread in the background asymptomatically.