Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

On 08/08/2021 at 09:45, z-layrex said:

Work very busy with covid, and still, every single patient in the icu's is unvaccinated. Not a single one has had both jabs.

When a member of staff goes off with covid likely caught at work it gets harder and harder to not resent the patients to be honest, as most icu admissions now are the deniers and vaccine refusers.

Inevitable once we get to these levels of vaccination I should think.

I wonder how many anti vaxxers and conspiracy types are like how they are because of lockdown and the isolation sending them doo-lally?

I know a couple unfortunately and it would make sense.

I know one chap who’s wife has left him because she’s NHS but he doesn’t think it’s real, although that’s another one altogether.

19 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I wonder how many anti vaxxers and conspiracy types are like how they are because of lockdown and the isolation sending them doo-lally?

I know one chap who’s wife has left him because she’s NHS but he doesn’t think it’s real, although that’s another one altogether.

I wouldn’t say all ‘anti vaxxers’ are “do-lally ”. Some people who don’t want the vaccine have genuine concerns and they have every right to. Granted, there are some bonkers theories, such as 5G causing it, vaccines are magnetic etc…but there are those with personal, medical or just don’t feel comfortable/safe with it, it is allowed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I shouldnt laugh but fvckin hell, unpick that one lol

Edited by Nalis
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

I wouldn’t say all ‘anti vaxxers’ are “do-lally ”. Some people who don’t want the vaccine have genuine concerns and they have every right to. Granted, there are some bonkers theories, such as 5G causing it, vaccines are magnetic etc…but there are those with personal, medical or just don’t feel comfortable/safe with it, it is allowed.

It’s an interesting one isn’t it because I agree with you, but on the other hand because this is a population health issue you may question people’s moral compass. By choosing to not yet vaccinated they may well be spreading it and killing people. 

Lots of diseases have been eradicated through vaccination. But because we live in a fake news eta and social media etc quite a lot of misinformation because mainstream.

The studies of these vaccines and the data places them among the most effective ever produced for anything.

On 08/08/2021 at 11:35, Kopfkino said:

A heavy smoker doesn’t pass on lung cancer to the people looking after them, 

Unless they have continued smoking and are smoking in close proximity to those caring for them.

Edited by doverfox

2 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Lots of diseases have been eradicated through vaccination.

Not meaning to be pedantic, but actually as I have pointed out on here, there are only two. Small Pox, because it only existed on one vector and Rinderpest which was a cattle plague. Plenty of diseases have been driven down to the point of elimination by vaccination in many parts of the world though. The two terms are frequently confused. 

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

That's really rubbish for them both, and probably not a unique situation 

I do wonder how he can still think it's not real though, surely she's told him actual real life stories? 

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

That's really rubbish for them both, and probably not a unique situation 

I do wonder how he can still think it's not real though, surely she's told him actual real life stories? 

I think the only thing that may change his mind is if he ends of on ICU fighting for his life. Odd one 

20 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Not meaning to be pedantic, but actually as I have pointed out on here, there are only two. Small Pox, because it only existed on one vector and Rinderpest which was a cattle plague. Plenty of diseases have been driven down to the point of elimination by vaccination in many parts of the world though. The two terms are frequently confused. 

Fair point. Being pedantic is good! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Anti-lockdown protesters attempting to storm what was BBC Television Centre to protest the BBC who aren't there any more about a lockdown that isn't on any more. Where next? Pebble Mill? 

I'm there today, and couldn't get out for lunch. Now I'm hungry, you thick twats. 

IMG_4215_1111.thumb.jpeg.ad08a4d9d15627801cb46f5b6c1f2975.jpeg

Hope the blue Peter Garden is ok. 

10 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Had my second jab (Pfizer) this afternoon.

I'll let you guys know if I die.

Just be wary of the nanobots and DNA that's implanted in you.  Since the jab I've been getting extra horny and erections alot more.  Might not kill me, but those skin tight jeans are a killer.

29 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Just be wary of the nanobots and DNA that's implanted in you.  Since the jab I've been getting extra horny and erections alot more.  Might not kill me, but those skin tight jeans are a killer.

I hope you can get through this difficult and hard time. I mean, you must have other side effects like aching wrists and arm on the right or left. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I hope you can get through this difficult and hard time. I mean, you must have other side effects like aching wrists and arm on the right or left. 

This wrist are fine but my hands are permanently in a position that looks like I'm holding a very thick metal bar, bizarre.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Anti-lockdown protesters attempting to storm what was BBC Television Centre to protest the BBC who aren't there any more about a lockdown that isn't on any more. Where next? Pebble Mill? 

I'm there today, and couldn't get out for lunch. Now I'm hungry, you thick twats. 

IMG_4215_1111.thumb.jpeg.ad08a4d9d15627801cb46f5b6c1f2975.jpeg

I wouldn’t like to say that these people are idiots.

Luckily I don’t need to coz it’s bleedin’ obvious.

47 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Anyone else found the whole vaccination thing to be a bit of a taboo subject?No one I know has shouted about whether they’ve had the jabs or that they haven’t.It’s seems to be quite a personal thing.

I see nothing wrong with this, should be a personal thing unless the information I’d required for a specific reason. 

48 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Yes I agree.Just an observation.The further down the age groups the roll out went,the less it’s been discussed.

I think a lot of the time that is based on the assumption that most people have had them now so it’s less of a thing to hear about.

Definitely is person choice but I do still get a bit shocked when I hear people aren’t having it. They have their reasons and they are completely valid but this is a strange illness and after how it’s affected me even being double jabbed I’m glad I had mine.

• Like 1