Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I think a lot of the time that is based on the assumption that most people have had them now so it’s less of a thing to hear about.

Definitely is person choice but I do still get a bit shocked when I hear people aren’t having it. They have their reasons and they are completely valid but this is a strange illness and after how it’s affected me even being double jabbed I’m glad I had mine.

Drives me mental.  A friend of ours won't have it as she is concerned it will make her infertile. Baring in mind, her dad had covid and was in ICU with it..... The ONLY way she will consider having it, is if they won't let her go to Ibiza if she isn't double jabbed. 

This is a 35 year old woman earning 65k a year.  

Some peoples priorities or beliefs are beyond me. 

So it looks like booster jabs for the elderly will be rolled out from September. I've read that people wil be offered a different vaccine to the first two. Does this mean they'll ask you if you want a different one or just say you're  having a different one?

It'll be a while yet before I'm due dose number 3 and to be honest I don't want to mix. I'll stick to AZ if I can and If I refuse Pfizer will I be anti vax!  

12 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Anyone else found the whole vaccination thing to be a bit of a taboo subject?No one I know has shouted about whether they’ve had the jabs or that they haven’t.It’s seems to be quite a personal thing.

Quite the opposite. I've had open vaccine conversations with pretty much everyone I know, and it's brought up in one way or another at most social gatherings I've been to over the last 12 months.

I haven't met a single person who has admitted to not wanting the vaccine. I assumed it was a rarity. 

I don't find it personal at all and I think I'd probably have no problem calling an anti-vaxxer a total div to their face. :dunno:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Anyone else found the whole vaccination thing to be a bit of a taboo subject?No one I know has shouted about whether they’ve had the jabs or that they haven’t.It’s seems to be quite a personal thing.

Totally the opposite. Most people i've spoken to have openly told me they've been for their jab or whatever. Add to that the scores of people who post on facebook that they've been for a vaccination. And a few who post their anti-vac stance.

I'd say it is far from a taboo subject (at least in my experience)

• Like 2

My friend didn't take up his vaccination invitation, he wasn't sure, he got COVID mid July and got ill, had to go hospital and went downhill, told his daughter he wished he'd had the vaccination, he had to be put on a ventilator but sadly on Sunday afternoon, died, wish we could turn back time, miss you mate.

• Sad 11

1 hour ago, Greg2607 said:

Drives me mental.  A friend of ours won't have it as she is concerned it will make her infertile. Baring in mind, her dad had covid and was in ICU with it..... The ONLY way she will consider having it, is if they won't let her go to Ibiza if she isn't double jabbed. 

It’s scenarios like that, where family members have been very ill, that are the most surprising I’m not going to lie.

17 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

My friend didn't take up his vaccination invitation, he wasn't sure, he got COVID mid July and got ill, had to go hospital and went downhill, told his daughter he wished he'd had the vaccination, he had to be put on a ventilator but sadly on Sunday afternoon, died, wish we could turn back time, miss you mate.

So sorry mate.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

posts like this really stop me in my tracks. Whilst this virus isn't dangerous for everyone, it clearly is a killer for some.

I'm really sorry about your friend mate.

4 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

I'm truly sorry.

5 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

Sorry to hear this.

Condolences to you all.

Some good news though.

75% of adults double vaccinated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58162318

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

posts like this really stop me in my tracks. Whilst this virus isn't dangerous for everyone, it clearly is a killer for some.

I'm really sorry about your friend mate.

Yeah know what you mean, I'm still in shock, same age as me, mid fifties, no health problems and physically active, worked outside and went on long walks. I thought we'd meet up next month for a beer after he was over it.

20 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

Had my second jab (Pfizer) this afternoon.

I'll let you guys know if I die.

Well, 24 hours in and it hasn't been pleasant.

Went to bed last night feeling normal except an achey arm, woke up in the night with a temperature and bouts of chills and hot sweats and a banging headache. Called in sick at work and went back to sleep until 1:30pm!!. Now feeling really groggy, achey joints and head still pounding. Fever has gone though.

Obviously don't regret getting it, if the vaccine did this to me then Covid probably would have had a field day with me!

35 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Went to bed last night feeling normal except an achey arm, woke up in the night with a temperature and bouts of chills and hot sweats and a banging headache. Called in sick at work and went back to sleep until 1:30pm!!. Now feeling really groggy, achey joints and head still pounding. Fever has gone though.

Obviously don't regret getting it, if the vaccine did this to me then Covid probably would have had a field day with me!

Interesting you say banging headache. That’s all I had, but lasted longer than the 2 days. But it randomly just went during the week. 

i know I got off lightly compared to others. But like you, glad I had it. 

did anyone else have side effects lasting longer than the two days that they normally last? Did start to worry that it was more than the vaccine, but as it just stopped, knew it was the vaccine

Edited by fox_favourite

10 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

Interesting that she’d rather go to Ibiza than have kids ……..

It really does take all sorts ………..

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
15 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

Should only last 24 hours. Not fun though.

Seems cases up a bit but only rising slightly, hospital cases still dropping but slowing somewhat, probably just the result of people getting more lax after the restrictions were lifted, maybe a case of a short sharp increase then reverting back to dropping off?

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

Seems cases up a bit but only rising slightly, hospital cases still dropping but slowing somewhat, probably just the result of people getting more lax after the restrictions were lifted, maybe a case of a short sharp increase then reverting back to dropping off?

With the kids out of school, it'll remain stable until September. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens when they go back.

I' LL say this..without the jab, you will get Covid, sometime with unknown Symptoms

With the jab, you still might get Covid, also with unknown symptoms & after-effects..

But...again but..!!  So far the less chance of a visit to an ICU and low percentage of the Risk of dying, or fatal , life-Changing after-effects..

some will get away with it....But just in  the Short past, few Vaccined people have had to be sent to those awards between Isolation- wards - ICU- Unit wards...

Virologist- Medical Outlets,Europe wide have mostly kept from politics & been up Front ,also with 'we dont know' statements..

Most Governments have just buffooned These many months  in being a untrustworthy, Media-gullable  Information Platform.

They have crapped it 98% of the time, After 9-10 descisive months...

And  Not once readily or willingly come conclusively together....

They still fool themselves they have been more important in the pendemic as the whole Medical-services & other services...

Edited by fuchsntf