Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

On 10/08/2021 at 16:45, DennisNedry said:

Well, 24 hours in and it hasn't been pleasant.

Went to bed last night feeling normal except an achey arm, woke up in the night with a temperature and bouts of chills and hot sweats and a banging headache. Called in sick at work and went back to sleep until 1:30pm!!. Now feeling really groggy, achey joints and head still pounding. Fever has gone though.

Obviously don't regret getting it, if the vaccine did this to me then Covid probably would have had a field day with me!

The day after this I felt absolutely fine, as if nothing had ever been wrong. Very strange experience!

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Another lockdown in Aus due to one confirmed case. How long is this strategy planned to continue? What's the long term plan?

I would’ve just asked the one person to isolate rather than the whole city. 

• Haha 1

On 10/08/2021 at 10:03, messerschmitt said:

My friend didn't take up his vaccination invitation, he wasn't sure, he got COVID mid July and got ill, had to go hospital and went downhill, told his daughter he wished he'd had the vaccination, he had to be put on a ventilator but sadly on Sunday afternoon, died, wish we could turn back time, miss you mate.

Sorry to see this :(

One of my best friends died of Covid in December. He was 35 with nothing underlaying apart from being a big lad. He was 6ft 4 and played rugby but his size they think went against him.

Horrible how it can affect people so differently.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Another lockdown in Aus due to one confirmed case. How long is this strategy planned to continue? What's the long term plan?

Get everybody vaccinated then continue with lockdowns I think?

• Haha 1

UK gov’t scientific advisory group predicts COVID variant could have 10–35% fatality rate. By a process known as recombination, the Delta variant, the group explains, could cross with the Beta variant, for example, and give rise to a new strain with characteristics of both viral variations.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/uk-govt-scientific-advisory-group-predicts-covid-variant-could-have-10-35-fatality-rate/?utm_source=telegram.

2 minutes ago, Soup said:

UK gov’t scientific advisory group predicts COVID variant could have 10–35% fatality rate. By a process known as recombination, the Delta variant, the group explains, could cross with the Beta variant, for example, and give rise to a new strain with characteristics of both viral variations.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/uk-govt-scientific-advisory-group-predicts-covid-variant-could-have-10-35-fatality-rate/?utm_source=telegram.

lol love that

Group gives several hypothetical scenarios so we will lead with a headline that mentions the most deadly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Nah not at all. For people who only read headlines, life must be terrifying

If you did only read headlines then that one could finish you off. 1 in 3 could die ffs. I think even I'd hide away if they variant got out 

9 minutes ago, Soup said:

If you did only read headlines then that one could finish you off. 1 in 3 could die ffs. I think even I'd hide away if they variant got out 

Tbf it'd be eliminated pretty quickly if it was that deadly. Like you say, nobody would be out unless for an emergency haha

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

My doctor told me that his brother who lives there can’t get a vaccine until Christmas, and that was back in May! So there must be something odd going off.

My cousin in Punjab tells me he has to pay 50,000 ruppees to get a vaccine, £500 to is but that's 2 months wages to the average Joe.

The bullshit that BBC and the India media spouts is far from reality.

In fact the Punjab government itself declared it had 58,000 FREE vaccines, and guess what they were already allocated.

The poor are infected in there droves, they are too scared to go hospital, because if they do, they do not come back alive or have there boddys returened.

This is reality of the minorities.

20 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I personally really hope they pull their fingers out sharpish.

My sister lives out there - it had already been 18 months or so since I've seen her and Covid has added 2 years onto that at least.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/datablog/ng-interactive/2021/aug/13/covid-19-vaccine-rollout-australia-vaccination-rate-progress-how-many-people-vaccinated-percent-tracker-australian-states-number-total-daily-live-data-stats-updates-news-schedule-tracking-chart-percentage-new-cases-today

12 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I personally really hope they pull their fingers out sharpish.

My sister lives out there - it had already been 18 months or so since I've seen her and Covid has added 2 years onto that at least.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/datablog/ng-interactive/2021/aug/13/covid-19-vaccine-rollout-australia-vaccination-rate-progress-how-many-people-vaccinated-percent-tracker-australian-states-number-total-daily-live-data-stats-updates-news-schedule-tracking-chart-percentage-new-cases-today

It is a shambles over here, we focused entirley on locking down and keeping the virus out, which was successful in keeping deaths down, however....they have no plan for "living with the virus".

We live in Western Australia and cannot travel outside our state and havent been able to for 12 months (except a couple of chances here and there between lockdowns). They actually seem to think we just wont get the virus if we lock everyone out.

Add to that, a completely corrupt and incompetent federal government who couldnt manage the vaccine rollout and we find ourselves here, locked away from the rest of the world, with no end in sight.

21 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

It is a shambles over here, we focused entirley on locking down and keeping the virus out, which was successful in keeping deaths down, however....they have no plan for "living with the virus".

We live in Western Australia and cannot travel outside our state and havent been able to for 12 months (except a couple of chances here and there between lockdowns). They actually seem to think we just wont get the virus if we lock everyone out.

Add to that, a completely corrupt and incompetent federal government who couldnt manage the vaccine rollout and we find ourselves here, locked away from the rest of the world, with no end in sight.

Which is basically why Australia exists..

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Have we reached a stage yet where this locking out the rest of the world is causing any major economic problems. I’d assume the lack of tourists and backpackers etc as got to hit soon. 

5 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

Have we reached a stage yet where this locking out the rest of the world is causing any major economic problems. I’d assume the lack of tourists and backpackers etc as got to hit soon. 

Well, it looks like we will be going back into recession (which was going to happen prior to Covid)...also, interestingly, we use "cheap" labour from the pacific islands and at the moment we are locking them out...lol but our fine government is about to allow them in (while keeping out the rest of the world) to work on our farms etc.

The lack of O/S students alone is destroying our uni's

• Like 1

Just now, Soup said:

@ozleicester how are the public over there reacting to the heavy handed Policing? Some of the stuff I've seen has been brutal, more so than anywhere else in the world  that I've seen in the last 18 months.

sadly.... most people are lapping it up, they want to be told what to do.

Im no conspiracy theorist /covid denier or antivaxer...but...our gvt has just lost the plot and gone crazy with power...to come into our state, you will have to download an app that the police can monitor and see where you are at any time... we are fvcked :(