Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nobody likes a show off. Mines been gone a month now.

Sorry to hear that, pal. Have you looked into whether it's long covid?

If it make you feel any better, I tried to go for a run almost 3 months later and my chest was burning. 

24 minutes ago, Danizen said:

If it make you feel any better, I tried to go for a run almost 3 months later and my chest was burning. 

That'll happen when you're unfit! I put myself in that bracket, FWIW.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Lost my taste for about two days. Lost my smell for about a week. 

My wife's  Family told her she must of had Covid 38yrs ago, cos she lost her Taste when she married me...

& After they used the loo After me definitely sense of smell...:celebrate:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Danizen said:

I don’t think it fits into that bracket to be honest.

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Folk that have had Covid, when is my smell and ****ing taste coming back?

no one knows ……..

there are Facebook groups of people who have issues as you do. Maybe you could get some info on there?  I know that’s where my son has found out a lot of things about his parosmia. Over a year on and I think he’s progressing a little even though he doesn’t. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

no one knows ……..

there are Facebook groups of people who have issues as you do. Maybe you could get some info on there?  I know that’s where my son has found out a lot of things about his parosmia. Over a year on and I think he’s progressing a little even though he doesn’t. 

I’m not wanting to hear about anyone without it for a year if I’m honest. I hope he is doing ok.

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m not wanting to hear about anyone without it for a year if I’m honest. I hope he is doing ok.

the vast majority recover within a couple months…… such a weird disease 

My lad originally got his back for a couple months in the first lockdown but then developed his existing issue.  But he’s very much in the minority. It’s just a case of being patient - I’m sure you’ll be fine like the vast majority who have ended up in your position post infection 

I was never aware of any issues re taste/smell but I’m sure my smell isn’t what it used to be ….. other people’s farts dont seem to be so objectionable - I need to go to an away game to check this out properly ….

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Soup said:

Am I the only one on here that thinks this is going too far? 3 year olds ffs 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-58245285

Instead of putting vast restrictions on people who are vaccinated and unlikely to be too badly ill, surely it would be better to accept that people who do not want the vaccine and have decided to take their chances with the disease, have made a personal lifestyle choice (just like smokers, drinkers, over-eaters, dangerous sporters, etc) and they must accept their own risk.  I don't see any reason why the vaccinated should suffer for the benefit of the unvaccinated.  

The Israeli government seems not to have noticed that vaccination is not a panacea against spreading the disease.  Vaccination's supreme benefit is in preventing illness.  We don't currently have a way to stop it spreading, so they need to choose between permanent lockdown or not.  

On 16/08/2021 at 21:56, Costock_Fox said:

Folk that have had Covid, when is my smell and ****ing taste coming back?

Hey mate. My friends took 4 months to start coming back and 7 months until he had it back properly. He only had mild symptoms. Hope yours is sooner.

8 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Instead of putting vast restrictions on people who are vaccinated and unlikely to be too badly ill, surely it would be better to accept that people who do not want the vaccine and have decided to take their chances with the disease, have made a personal lifestyle choice (just like smokers, drinkers, over-eaters, dangerous sporters, etc) and they must accept their own risk.  I don't see any reason why the vaccinated should suffer for the benefit of the unvaccinated.  

The Israeli government seems not to have noticed that vaccination is not a panacea against spreading the disease.  Vaccination's supreme benefit is in preventing illness.  We don't currently have a way to stop it spreading, so they need to choose between permanent lockdown or not.  

Israel has particular issues with the ultra religious groups who are less likely to be vaccinated. next month there are several big religious holidays which will involve indoor gatherings,  both communal and at home .  I suspect that the new rules on face coverings etc are an attempt to reduce the spread of delta amongst these communities.  Of course these groups believe that god will look after them but it will be the state that ultimately picks up the tab on the healthcare which will come under enormous stress by October. 

if you pro rata their population up to ours then they are currently running at 138 deaths and 47k daily cases on seven day averages.  whilst that’s not a level that is out of control, (due to vaccines), the fear of it spreading as per my above comments is driving this policy. I agree that the majority are suffering some restrictions to protect the minority but the religious aspect in Israel is the wild card on this which we don’t have over here. 

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

With the exception of smokers, the examples you gave are choices which don't directly increase the risk to other people.  To be blunt, I'd personally compare the "personal lifestyle choice" of vaccine refusers to drink drivers.  Whilst they might accept the increased level of risk of their actions, the people that are potentially impacted by their decision have not.  Agreed they might not be of a demographic who are less likely to fall seriously ill, but it's proven that vaccinations reduce transmission (we do have a way to reduce the spread, not everything is binary).  It's not just about them "taking their chance with the disease", it's about them reducing the spread and forcing us into further bloody lockdowns.

It's a huge positive that I barely bother with this thread anymore, it's an excellent litmus test of how COVID is doing in the country, however I can't help but bite at the "I can my own judgement on risk".  Go for it, drive at whatever speed you want, take your seatbelt off, ignore ages of consent and fill up on drugs; I don't draw a distinction between those attitudes and vaccine refusers.  I get your not saying that, and you're reflecting on the detriment that the unvaccinated are having on the vaccinated through continued restrictions, but as winter draws in I can't help but feel that these individuals "making their own choice" are dragging us all into inevitable further restrictions.  If there is truth behind the prevalence and vulnerability of people to flu and colds this winter, then hospitals are going to be at capacity and we may require lower prevalence of COVID to flick the lockdown switch.  As you said, vaccines will reduce hospitalisations and will give us a buffer, therefore we want as many people vaccinated as possible right?  We can't, and shouldn't, force people to get vaccinated, but we shouldn't also just accept this behaviour and should condemn it.  Never accept it.

This is the classic debate on "the common good" versus "the rights of the individual" and will never be agreed upon so it's almost folly to attempt (especially for someone with my intellectual capability), but I will strongly disagree with, and argue against, just letting people make their own decisions when these decisions have a detrimental impact upon society as a whole (specifically me!!).

We're both on the same side here.

I think vaccine refusers are fools and they are holding us all back to some extent.  And if their effect is so bad that the rest of us suffer unduly from covid, then I suppose further restrictions on the voluntary unvaccinated will have to be put in.  What I'm objecting to at the minute is that Israel is already putting heavy restrictions on the vaccinated for the sake of protecting the unvaccinated.  If heavy restrictions would stop the spread of coronavirus, then I might be persuaded.  But heavy restrictions that merely slow it down, I'm not convinced they're worth it.

I will suffer inconvenience and worse to protect the vaccinated to the extent hat it makes a significant difference.  What I am not willing to do is suffer inconvenience and worse to save the lives of those who could be vaccinated and choose not to . Society, as a whole, has provided them with the means of saving their own lives by taking the jabs.  If they choose not to, society has fulfilled its obligation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I think we should put restrictions in for the unvaccinated, it will quickly make them change their minds.

What about refusing Covid treatment for the unvaccinated? I'm guessing plenty of unvaccinated would sign up for that.

• Like 1