Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Just had my second jab and as I was waiting for the 15 minutes a family of 4 walked in the exit. The guy running the show was like woah guys that’s the exit, are you here for vaccines? They were like no we want the test centre. Man how stupid can you be walking in the exit of a vaccine centre with covid symptoms cos you want a test?! There are signs everywhere. 

6 hours ago, Lionator said:

Get a PCR, not a lateral flow. 

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

There is a lot of non covid stuff doing the rounds now we are all intermingling again …..

Weirdly I feel fine this morning, other than a sore throat. I was up till 3 sweating my tits off as well.

Will do a LFT today and tomorrow though, just to be safe.

58 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Weirdly I feel fine this morning, other than a sore throat. I was up till 3 sweating my tits off as well.

Will do a LFT today and tomorrow though, just to be safe.

Would still go for a PCR mate, just to be on the safe side. 

• Like 1

Do we know what group of people are dying now ?

Are they very vulnerable maybe elderly folk who even with the vaccine were at very serious  risk of passing away?

Or maybe those who have refused the vaccine and in the vulnerable group ?

Edited by Super_horns

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Do we know what group of people are dying now ?

Are they very vulnerable maybe elderly folk who even with the vaccine were at very serious  risk of passing away?

Or maybe those who have refused the vaccine and in the vulnerable group ?

Friend of a friend in the North West lost her 27 year old son two weeks ago to covid. He’d refused the vaccine and left behind a 3&1 year old. Which is terrifying. But mainly I believe 50%+ are double vaccinated which would indicate it is indeed a bit of both, vulnerable people where any viral infection could kill them and the unvaccinated unlucky ones. 

• Sad 2

Work is really really bad again, we have had so many experienced nurses leave that it's making things incredibly difficult. There have been over 80 referrals to the ECMO network in 3 days, these are huge numbers and we cannot accommodate that in any way. There is talk of forcing those nurses who have left ICU but still work within our education partnership across London to return, which is no way to treat human beings. Nursing has become such a god awful career choice, don't let your kids do it, I wouldn't mine.

All unvaccinated young people and post-partum.

• Sad 2

37 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Work is really really bad again, we have had so many experienced nurses leave that it's making things incredibly difficult. There have been over 80 referrals to the ECMO network in 3 days, these are huge numbers and we cannot accommodate that in any way. There is talk of forcing those nurses who have left ICU but still work within our education partnership across London to return, which is no way to treat human beings. Nursing has become such a god awful career choice, don't let your kids do it, I wouldn't mine.

All unvaccinated young people and post-partum.

That is fvcking unavoidably depressing 

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

That is fvcking unavoidably depressing 

Would it would be more depressing if they were vaccinated? I dont even know anymore.

We've lost all compassion for our patients, those that refused the vaccine anyway. ****ing bizarre time to work in healthcare, not something I would ever think I'd see. 

I was compliant all the way through but I feel close to being done with it all if restrictions come back and just ignoring them if they do.

When will this stop? Is it just going to mean we spend years of being able to do what we want for a couple of months of the summer and not making plans in order to lock down the other 10?

The fact was have a solution in the vaccine but people are choosing not to take it up is just the icing the cake really...

2 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Would it would be more depressing if they were vaccinated? I dont even know anymore.

We've lost all compassion for our patients, those that refused the vaccine anyway. ****ing bizarre time to work in healthcare, not something I would ever think I'd see. 

I think its that if they were vaccinated they probably wouldnt be in hospital in the first place.

I feel for you and your colleagues though I realise my current attitude in my latest post probably doesnt help.

Is there a lot of cold like bugs going around that aren’t covid?

I had a cold a couple of weeks ago, usual cold and I do lateral flows 2 times a week sometimes 3 for work - all negative. When it started I took a couple of extra ones all negative but took a couple of days of work just in case. Cough started, which isn’t unusual for me as I always get one with a cold without fail, but after 3 days decided to get a PCR even though lateral flows were all negative still, just to make sure. This came back negative as well. Only coughed to clear the phlegm from my throat, so nothing too bad. A week later cleared but have been getting night sweats, but temp always been in and around my usual range 36.1-36.4. My wife says it’s because it’s muggy.

My kids have had colds 3 weeks ago and when my son did have a high temp took him for a PCR and again negative. 

none of us seriously ill and 2yrs ago wouldn’t even thought anything of it. I’m fully vac as well. 

35 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I dont understand why the media cant just walk around all the ICU's filming what is mostly unvaccinated patients, and just campaign it in the news, ad breaks, YouTube ads etc. 

I feel for you! I work in education and I rarely see any mask wearing, it’s like the attitude is that this is all over, which I’m finding hard. People don’t social distance when you’re out and about any more and I feel that this is going to make your job harder. 

You have my full respect for what you do as a profession! 

47 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

It seems inevitable that there will be. Colds are always doing the rounds, and now there’s a lot less distancing and mask wearing, people will be getting these bugs again.

I guess it shows how effective masks/distancing/handwashing are - nobody in our household has had a cold for about eighteen months. Until last week.

we quickly forget the poor sods who have to work in the NHS at the sharp end and deal with the avalanche of patients

I’m afraid it’s the right of people to refuse the vaccine - but somewhere there has to be balance.  Surely those who have had the vaccine are less likely to put a strain on healthcare - hence why not give them a tax break ??   A no cost way of doing this is to put up income tax by a certain amount and then reduce by the same figure for the vaccinated. 

After all, those who smoke pay for their health risk via the huge taxes on fags. 

those who choose not to be vaccinated are not contributing anything extra to cover their higher risk 

of course those who cannot be vaccinated for real medical reasons should not be left behind on tax breaks etc ….

3 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

I had a cold a couple of weeks ago, usual cold and I do lateral flows 2 times a week sometimes 3 for work - all negative. When it started I took a couple of extra ones all negative but took a couple of days of work just in case. Cough started, which isn’t unusual for me as I always get one with a cold without fail, but after 3 days decided to get a PCR even though lateral flows were all negative still, just to make sure. This came back negative as well. Only coughed to clear the phlegm from my throat, so nothing too bad. A week later cleared but have been getting night sweats, but temp always been in and around my usual range 36.1-36.4. My wife says it’s because it’s muggy.

My kids have had colds 3 weeks ago and when my son did have a high temp took him for a PCR and again negative. 

none of us seriously ill and 2yrs ago wouldn’t even thought anything of it. I’m fully vac as well. 

I had the worst cold I’ve had for about 5 years last week, it absolutely floored me. Same symptoms as you. My kids have really suffered with it too.

It’s not Covid. But it was really unpleasant. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I’m afraid it’s the right of people to refuse the vaccine - but somewhere there has to be balance.  Surely those who have had the vaccine are less likely to put a strain on healthcare - hence why not give them a tax break ??   A no cost way of doing this is to put up income tax by a certain amount and then reduce by the same figure for the vaccinated. 

We could do the same with people who eat 5 fruit and veg a day🍏🍌, those who don't participate in dangerous sports, people who exercise regularly🏃‍♀️🚶‍♂️

🤔

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Otis said:

We could do the same with people who eat 5 fruit and veg a day🍏🍌, those who don't participate in dangerous sports, people who exercise regularly🏃‍♀️🚶‍♂️

🤔

People who participate in dangerous sports should pay a premium IMO 

the other stuff is just facetious …….

11 hours ago, z-layrex said:

how come a lot of footballers are not being vaccinated? what kind of young people are you seeing in ICUs I've still not had mine but really considering getting it now.. which vaccine is the least likely to cause any side effects and do you get a choice of which you can have?