Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

31 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

how come a lot of footballers are not being vaccinated? what kind of young people are you seeing in ICUs I've still not had mine but really considering getting it now.. which vaccine is the least likely to cause any side effects and do you get a choice of which you can have?

Considering the make up of the moderna and Pfizer vaccines, I’m surprised that anyone has a reaction unless they’ve already been exposed to covid and even then, you’d expect that to occur after a couple weeks 

the AZ is a ‘dead’ virus being stuck into you - again, if you’ve had covid then expect a reaction. Otherwise any side effects are dependent on how your body deals with virus’ in general and as such, side effects can be pretty quick.  In both cases, the thing to be aware of is that you aren’t actually ill - it’s just your body dealing with the vaccine.  

you can choose which vaccine you have. they advise under 40’s to have Pfizer/moderna 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Considering the make up of the moderna and Pfizer vaccines, I’m surprised that anyone has a reaction unless they’ve already been exposed to covid and even then, you’d expect that to occur after a couple weeks 

the AZ is a ‘dead’ virus being stuck into you - again, if you’ve had covid then expect a reaction. Otherwise any side effects are dependent on how your body deals with virus’ in general and as such, side effects can be pretty quick.  In both cases, the thing to be aware of is that you aren’t actually ill - it’s just your body dealing with the vaccine.  

you can choose which vaccine you have. they advise under 40’s to have Pfizer/moderna 

I was really bloody rough after my first pfizer vaccine but then I was also really bloody rough after my flu jab last October. Was better after 24 hours though on both occasions and worth it to avoid the worst of both covid and the flu. 

8 hours ago, Lionator said:

I was really bloody rough after my first pfizer vaccine but then I was also really bloody rough after my flu jab last October. Was better after 24 hours though on both occasions and worth it to avoid the worst of both covid and the flu. 

Your flu jab contains a virus of some type - it’s understandable that your body reacts to that (and would to the AZ) 

but the MRNA vaccines do not …so I’m intrigued as to why people have quick reactions to mRNA vaccines if they haven’t previously had covid ??  

my non scientific viewpoint would be that if you had a bad reaction to either vaccine and you haven’t had covid then be v happy that you got vaccinated - your reaction was a small snapshot of how you would have probably suffered from the real thing.  

14 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

how come a lot of footballers are not being vaccinated? 

It's not just footballers. Only 50% of tennis players are vaccinated. Andy Murray is saying it's the right thing to do while Novak Djokovic is saying it should be up to each individual. Pat Cash is extremely vocal that players on the tour shouldn't be forced to have it

• Like 1

On 27/08/2021 at 18:04, Bellend Sebastian said:

The two women with their big 'COVID LIES' banner next to the Fosse Park roundabout just now really made me think - about what had gone wrong in their lives

Next you see them just shout 'you ****ing *****' at them. You obviously shouldn't harm people but if they're doing that kind of damage to society they shouldn't feel good about themselves. 

19 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Next you see them just shout 'you ****ing *****' at them. You obviously shouldn't harm people but if they're doing that kind of damage to society they shouldn't feel good about themselves. 

They were on Glenhills Boulevard yesterday.

The whole length of it, loads of them spread out every 20 yards or so holding some ridiculous signs.

11 hours ago, Rain King said:

The whole length of it, loads of them spread out every 20 yards or so holding some ridiculous signs.

It’s ****ing mad. Family member been rambling on about this type of stuff for the duration of the pandemic. Ended up three weeks in hospital and reporting Long Covid symptoms. 

Three lads I know vaccinated said they had two rough days followed by some fatigue. Alongside showing some common sense and following advice, they managed to avoid their house sharing partners catching it 

• Like 2

A good analogy is complaining about getting bruised from being shot because of your bullet proof vest and the only reason you are able to complain is because you were wearing the vest in the first place.

#fkthetories

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Rain King said:

I think they should visit a covid ward and see for themselves. Though saying that, they’ll probably claim they’re all actors and the whole thing was set up for them.

18 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

"As the contagious Delta variant spreads, states led by Republicans resistant to public health mandates, Florida among them, are struggling with a surge of hospitalisations and deaths."

Quite telling given some of the anti-lockdown members on this thread looking to the state as a supposed model of pandemic governance. Reminds me of the member last year that eager to escape the second lockdown recommended spending Christmas in Brazil lol

Was speaking to someone today who had played golf with a consultant at a midlands hospital 

relevant because the majority of those in his hospital are double vaccinated- of course if we analyse the raw maths then the 10% of people who are in effect unprotected after double vaccination will feed through to a sizeable number of hospitalisations. @z-layrex - are your patients still generally the unvaccinated…..

4 hours ago, Line-X said:

"As the contagious Delta variant spreads, states led by Republicans resistant to public health mandates, Florida among them, are struggling with a surge of hospitalisations and deaths."

Quite telling given some of the anti-lockdown members on this thread looking to the state as a supposed model of pandemic governance. Reminds me of the member last year that eager to escape the second lockdown recommended spending Christmas in Brazil lol

Anti lockdown & anti vax are very different stances.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Adrian said:

Anyone else know someone who works in the healthcare world who instead of being well adjusted, objective and a good source of information is actually completely ****ing bonkers And makes you wonder how on earth they hold down a job

They were probably fine until sometime around March 2020.

8 hours ago, Line-X said:

That's taking party politicking to a new low.  The coronavirus wave is currently sweeping across the US south east.  I would hypothesize that the reason for the rise in cases in those 11 contiguous southern states is because they're in the south east and that's where the cyclical coronavirus currently has the strongest hold. 

If we're going for political reasons for the surge rather than geographic, we do need to consider why (of the 27 Republican states) the 9 in the south eat are the top 9 with the highest rates, and of the 23 Democratic states, the 2 in the south east are the 2 with the highest rates.  (And in fact are 2 of the top 4 in the country.) 

It's not politics, it's geography.  You might as well blame the current rise in Scottish coronavirus on the SNP - it would be just as "logical".

6 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

That's taking party politicking to a new low.  The coronavirus wave is currently sweeping across the US south east.  I would hypothesize that the reason for the rise in cases in those 11 contiguous southern states is because they're in the south east and that's where the cyclical coronavirus currently has the strongest hold. 

If we're going for political reasons for the surge rather than geographic, we do need to consider why (of the 27 Republican states) the 9 in the south eat are the top 9 with the highest rates, and of the 23 Democratic states, the 2 in the south east are the 2 with the highest rates.  (And in fact are 2 of the top 4 in the country.) 

It's not politics, it's geography.  You might as well blame the current rise in Scottish coronavirus on the SNP - it would be just as "logical".

I could argue that as part of your geographical analysis, it’s impossible for those two democratic states to avoid being dragged into the mess of the republican ones surrounding them ……

it’s grey 

it’s not black/white 

the policies etc of the republican governors hasn’t helped - and this has also influenced the vaccine take up in many of these states. 

but part of the grey is indeed the geography 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Adrian said:

Anyone else know someone who works in the healthcare world who instead of being well adjusted, objective and a good source of information is actually completely ****ing bonkers And makes you wonder how on earth they hold down a job

The last person to get vaccinated was our band 8 ward manager. She wasn’t so much anti vax but didn’t feel like she needed it. We have several healthcare assistants who aren’t vaccinated. It’s sad because we lost one of our outpatient colleagues last November to it and several of our patients, one of whom was in his 40’s. 

7 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

My point was more alluding to the fact that this bizarre thread was continually pointing to Florida to justify the immediate relaxation of restrictions - that is, until late July, when it became the the new national epicentre of the virus accounting for one fifth of cases. To clarify, this is driven by the delta variant and low levels of vaccination, but Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis  long resisted mandatory mask mandates and promotion of the vaccine programme and along with the state legislature, limited local officials’ ability to impose restrictions meant to stop the spread of Covid.