Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

11 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Everyone else necking the ivermectin as quick as they can get their hands on it?

Absolute madness, it's fascinating to watch

Never heard of it so looked it up, used to treat head lice, scabies and worm infestations! With stuff like that and that other medication used to treat finrot on fish,  people really have turned into nutcases. 

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Never heard of it so looked it up, used to treat head lice, scabies and worm infestations! With stuff like that and that other medication used to treat finrot on fish,  people really have turned into nutcases. 

Mate I suppose on first glance  you could think it's being used by witch doctors but in reality it has a lot of weight behind it. It's been used all over the world for the last 18 months and more and more Doctor's are getting on board with it, or at the very least they say it should definitely should be looked in to.

This is why the media is pathetic, this is news and not in anyway in conspiracy land. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Soup said:

Mate I suppose on first glance  you could think it's being used by witch doctors but in reality it has a lot of weight behind it. It's been used all over the world for the last 18 months and more and more Doctor's are getting on board with it, or at the very least they say it should definitely should be looked in to.

This is why the media is pathetic, this is news and not in anyway in conspiracy land. 

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02081-w

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jul/16/huge-study-supporting-ivermectin-as-covid-treatment-withdrawn-over-ethical-concerns

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/ema-advises-against-use-ivermectin-prevention-treatment-covid-19-outside-randomised-clinical-trials

https://www.isglobal.org/en/healthisglobal/-/custom-blog-portlet/ivermectin-and-covid-19-how-a-flawed-database-shaped-the-covid-19-response-of-several-latin-american-countries/2877257/0

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Is there a published peer reviewed journal study from a reputable journal stating the efficacy of Invermectin for treating Covid? Genuine question.

Obviously you know the answer, but it seems peer reviewed means more than actual Doctors on the ground using the stuff, and having proper real world results. You know, saving life's. But obviously vaccines are the answer and nothing else can or ever will beat this virus. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Soup said:

Obviously you know the answer, but it seems peer reviewed means more than actual Doctors on the ground using the stuff, and having proper real world results. You know, saving life's. But obviously vaccines are the answer and nothing else can or ever will beat this virus. 

If there are actual doctors using the stuff in the absence of reputable studies, unless it’s part of a proper study, that sounds remarkably cavalier of them.

9 minutes ago, Soup said:

No, it wasn't a rhetorical question, I genuinely didn't know.

But yes, being peer reviewed and having oversight of results for a treatment does mean more than simply carrying out a study with no oversight in the hope that it might work, unless there really is no other choice. Having ones work checked to assure it is effective and more importantly ethical is a founding principle of medicine. "First Do No Harm", after all.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

No, it wasn't a rhetorical question, I genuinely didn't know.

But yes, being peer reviewed and having oversight of results for a treatment does mean more than simply carrying out a study with no oversight in the hope that it might work, unless there really is no other choice. Having ones work checked to assure it is effective and more importantly ethical is a founding principle of medicine. "First Do No Harm", after all.

Is it doing harm to people? I didn't know that. 

2 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

You can just not post stuff of your own free will, you know. You don’t have to be banned!

Well done 

8 minutes ago, Soup said:

Is it doing harm to people? I didn't know that. 

Maybe, maybe not - that is exactly the kind of question that peer review is designed to answer conclusively.

And speaking purely personally here, unless the situation is so dire there is no other option, perhaps that question should be answered conclusively before giving it to the general public.

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I don't understand the mentality of shunning the vaccine out of mistrust and then banging on about ivormectin and hydroxycloquowhatever.

how many cattle has it killed ?  

seriously, your point is so valid. why would you take an animal medicine (used in very limited situations with humans) when you wont take a vaccine. its bizarre. 

but then again, why would those who don't trust the vaccine be able to make an informed judgement on taking something intended to be used in animals ???

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Maybe, maybe not - that is exactly the kind of question that peer review is designed to answer conclusively.

And speaking purely personally here, unless the situation is so dire there is no other option, perhaps that question should be answered conclusively before giving it to the general public.

If it really isn't working.or as some suggest it's just a placebo then why isn't the debate been put to bed, after all it's been used now for 18 months. Obviously the debate on here has been put to bed haha!

Thanks for your measured replies though. I know petty little one liners isn't your thing.

16 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Fair enough but he did overdose on it. I almost overdosed on cheesecake the other night btw. But seriously I don't think anyone is recommending taking it yourself. 

Can I clear up something though, I'm not anti vax yada yada yada. I had the vaccine.yada......  and if you can ban me from this thread please do. It'll save you guys time replying and save me from tapping on my phone:D

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

They should sneak the vaccine in the horse poppers, and get the last people done and dusted without them even knowing

Mate it's not anti vax folk talking about this. Some Doctors are saying that as a last resort it could saves life's. But no let's just turn off the life support. 

Can't believe that this opinion is deemed the same as micro chips in the arm and lizard people. Strange

10 minutes ago, Soup said:

If it really isn't working.or as some suggest it's just a placebo then why isn't the debate been put to bed, after all it's been used now for 18 months. Obviously the debate on here has been put to bed haha!

Thanks for your measured replies though. I know petty little one liners isn't your thing.

It's a fair question, hopefully there will be more conclusive answers in the near future.

And do stick around - finding out more about science is never a bad thing IMO. Though don't be so quick to judge me; I have been known to deliver a lot of snark concerning science on here before, ask the climate change ignorers. :D

• Like 1