Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

5 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Never heard of it so looked it up, used to treat head lice, scabies and worm infestations! With stuff like that and that other medication used to treat finrot on fish,  people really have turned into nutcases. 

My doctor recommended that, but he is still looking into some issues with sourcing a prosthetic dorsal fin - I mean you can live without one, if you call that living.

6665976-$%20(6).png

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

I don't understand the mentality of shunning the vaccine out of mistrust and then banging on about ivormectin and hydroxycloquowhatever.

I'm not saying Bill Gates is controlling the vaccinated but I've started making this noise when falling asleep 

Does make you wonder.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'm not saying Bill Gates is controlling the vaccinated but I've started making this noise when falling asleep 

Does make you wonder.

B'Jesus, you may well be on to something here. This has started happening whenever I have sex...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

I have a cold, did a lateral flow test which came back as negative but because I’m symptomatic I’ve gone for a PCR. Pretty sure I’ve just got a cold but now I’m having to isolate until I get the results. Feels like I’m bunking off. 

I wonder if there are colds going around at the same time. With regards to the PCR, they’re really quick at the moment. I went at 4:30 for my last one, got my result back at 10:30am the next day. previous to that I went at 8am and got it at 3am!! 

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

I wonder if there are colds going around at the same time. With regards to the PCR, they’re really quick at the moment. I went at 4:30 for my last one, got my result back at 10:30am the next day. previous to that I went at 8am and got it at 3am!! 

Course there is, problem is, first sign of something wrong with them and people think they have covid.

• Like 1

The delay in the rollout of the booster vaccine makes no sense; the time to do it is before any 4th wave of Covid. All the scientists say we will have increasing numbers - probably starting soon as schools re-open. Israel was probably the first country (apart from a few very small territories) to have population fully vaccinated, and has now seen an increase in numbers. Following the booster rollout, numbers have dropped.

No doubt boosters will be available in a few weeks, but probably not until cases increase again. The government needs to start boosters now and not wait for the ineffectual JCVI go-ahead.

For anyone interested on Israel experience, this is informative, and, I think a forerunner of what happens here:

https://www.dailysabah.com/world/mid-east/israels-covid-19-success-unravels-amid-case-surge

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I have a cold, did a lateral flow test which came back as negative but because I’m symptomatic I’ve gone for a PCR. Pretty sure I’ve just got a cold but now I’m having to isolate until I get the results. Feels like I’m bunking off. 

@Ian Nacho - did you get your result back? 

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I assume that the tablets for human consumption are much lower dose than animal

if human use is so sparse then there surely won’t be much stock globally of this item. Hence the demand that has suddenly sprung up will use reserves. The issue then becomes if people start taking tablets meant for animals! 

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Makes you wonder how many of the perpetrators of this racket were originally selling the idea that the pandemic was a hoax before they jumped on the bandwagon of selling this. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Makes you wonder how many of the perpetrators of this racket were originally selling the idea that the pandemic was a hoax before they jumped on the bandwagon of selling this. 

Quite a few, I would think. Hucksters and conspiracy theorists often are quite adept at marketing adaptability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It's such a weird place they've ended up in, with effectively a "left-wing" COVID solution (vaccination, designed for humans) and a "right-wing" solution (Ivermectin, horse de-wormer).

Mental

I love they're eating the horse paste. It's great. 

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It's such a weird place they've ended up in, with effectively a "left-wing" COVID solution (vaccination, designed for humans) and a "right-wing" solution (Ivermectin, horse de-wormer).

Mental

Well the left wingers seem to be “winning” with many more hospitalisations and deaths in Republican states. The vaccine actually works, everything else is at best unproven.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Well the left wingers seem to be “winning” with many more hospitalisations and deaths in Republican states. The vaccine actually works, everything else is at best unproven.

It's quite astonishing that people genuinely believe that the reason the virus is currently most widespread in the south east of the USA, is because those states tend to vote republican.  Why, of the 27 states with a Republican governor, are the 9 with the highest virus rates in the south-east?  It's not because they voted Republican.  why, among the 23 states with a Democrat governor, are the two worst virus rates in the south east?  It's not because they live next door to states with a Republican governor.

In the USA at present, the virus is strongest in 11 contiguous states in the south east.  That's because of geography, not because of politics. 

If you look at the map of the UK at present, you will see that the virus is most prevalent in areas where they vote for Scottish or Welsh Nationalist parties.  But you'd be a fool to link cause and effect.  

My comments were a somewhat glib reply to a somewhat glib post.

Nevertheless I think you misunderstand. I did not mention where the virus is most widespread, I was talking about hospitalisations and deaths. It’s obviously nothing to do directly with whether people voted republican or democrat. I’m mostly going by what I watched on the ABC program here in Australia called Planet America (usually an excellent analysis of what is going on over there btw) and as far as I can tell there is good evidence that statistically:

- Republican voters are less likely to be vaccinated.

- The epidemic in the US is mostly amongst the unvaccinated.

Do you contend that either statement is wrong?

Obviously the epidemic moves around for all the other reasons that it would normally, but if unvaccinated people are exposed to it there seems to be be good evidence that being vaccinated means that you are about one tenth as likely to be severely affected, or do you think this isn’t the case?

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

It's quite astonishing that people genuinely believe that the reason the virus is currently most widespread in the south east of the USA, is because those states tend to vote republican.  Why, of the 27 states with a Republican governor, are the 9 with the highest virus rates in the south-east?  It's not because they voted Republican.  why, among the 23 states with a Democrat governor, are the two worst virus rates in the south east?  It's not because they live next door to states with a Republican governor.

In the USA at present, the virus is strongest in 11 contiguous states in the south east.  That's because of geography, not because of politics. 

If you look at the map of the UK at present, you will see that the virus is most prevalent in areas where they vote for Scottish or Welsh Nationalist parties.  But you'd be a fool to link cause and effect.  

Where do you live, or have you lived in the US recently?

Edited by Smudge