Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Mostly reasonable but I’d still say that if 1 in 80 are infected then every chance my 240 could have 3 infectious (up to a third of those with the virus are asymptomatic)  plus two days before you’re symptomatic you are infectious ).

my point was that three in 240 isn’t v notable and the virus is currently pretty widespread 

Was at a gig the other night with 30,000 people and trying to work out how many there likely had infectious covid at that time (it got boring between sets). It was 1 in 100 in that area of the country, so you could hypothesise 300 people may have been infectious on population stats. But then the 1 in 100 picks up old infections so maybe 1 in 80, the demographic was a bit older and very white meaning high vaccination rates. Anyway I'd got to a position where I think there would've been maybe 20-30 people there who may have had the virus and could logically spread it. Although it was all outdoors so reduced the risk even further.

8 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I'm not sure our goverment are neither improving things though.

I was being facetious/sarcastic 

ITV called out for misinterpretation of PHE report on cases in the over 40’s. (Vaxed/non )  

no explanation in their report that because of the v high levels of vaxed in that age group, cases are bound to be higher in those vaxed than  non vaxed.  The basic message of the report was that you are more likely to catch covid if you’re vaxed than non vaxed.  Evidently, when the various weightings are applied it’s almost twice as likely if you’re not vaxed. 

On 11/09/2021 at 19:26, MPH said:

Go get your vaccines!  Here’s me at home relaxing with my family and the very next day at work  on a Covid floor  at the hospital here in NC trying to catch a breath after wearing two masks all day!  These masks add 20 years to me I swear lol

2EBC55F7-D51E-4F64-B335-A7C9FD4F5DA8.jpeg

9B479AC9-A22E-46DD-8EAE-A87472DD6B5A.jpeg

but I really don't want to 

I did the Great North Run yesterday and there was a chap at around mile 4, which you also pass again around mile 8, with an sign that said something along the lines of 'BBC is the virus' and a megaphone bleating out some conspiracy theories about the vaccine to the passing runners/spectators. He was gone when I went past that same point again; assume back to his own planet. 

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Talk of masks returning in the winter - wouldn’t be surprised.

I find a lot of older people still wear them inside but younger ones don’t.

They've never really gone away here in Cambridge, I'm grateful I don't live in a hotbed of myopic 'freedom' chasers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, shade said:

but I really don't want to 

Every single one of my patients tell me it’s the worst thing they have ever gone through in their life. none of my patients have been vaccinated. You would be protecting yourself BUT  you would also make sure you don’t pass something on to someone that could kill them.

I personally canning imagine the guilt I would feel.

Tested positive for Covid mid August and due to go away early October, I cannot find any information on if I still have to do the day 2 PCR test when I return.

I travel and return within the 90 day time frame where the government recommends that that anyone with a positive Covid test not to take another because of the likelihood of testing positive again.

Has anybody had any experience of this and what to do? I have tried to get medical exemption but just got a generic email back.

I worry if I test positive again I’ll have track and trace hounding me telling me to isolate again.

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Tested positive for Covid mid August and due to go away early October, I cannot find any information on if I still have to do the day 2 PCR test when I return.

I travel and return within the 90 day time frame where the government recommends that that anyone with a positive Covid test not to take another because of the likelihood of testing positive again.

Has anybody had any experience of this and what to do? I have tried to get medical exemption but just got a generic email back.

I worry if I test positive again I’ll have track and trace hounding me telling me to isolate again.

I don't know the official answer to your question, but I do know that the day 2 test seems to be purely a box ticking exercise for your passenger locator form. If people don't want to actually take the test they don't have to, as far as I am aware there is no follow up once you are back in the UK, at least not with the tests. 

My children have been out here a couple of times now, and the first time their day 2 tests weren't delivered until about day 5, and they never actually did get the results. Now I just go for the cheapest ones purely to get the code for the form. They do both have to test regularly for school and college though. 

25 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I don't know the official answer to your question, but I do know that the day 2 test seems to be purely a box ticking exercise for your passenger locator form. If people don't want to actually take the test they don't have to, as far as I am aware there is no follow up once you are back in the UK, at least not with the tests. 

My children have been out here a couple of times now, and the first time their day 2 tests weren't delivered until about day 5, and they never actually did get the results. Now I just go for the cheapest ones purely to get the code for the form. They do both have to test regularly for school and college though. 

Ah thanks for your reply, it shouldn’t be so difficult to find out the information, I just can’t find out whether I need to buy a test! 

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Just get someone who hasn't had Covid to do your Day 2 test.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Ah thanks for your reply, it shouldn’t be so difficult to find out the information, I just can’t find out whether I need to buy a test! 

If you do, I used these. Cheapest I could find at £28

https://www.expert-medicals.co.uk/products/fully-vaccinated-amber-arrivals-day-2-test-kit-home-kit

No idea what the reviews are like, and I didn't care :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I do know that the day 2 test seems to be purely a box ticking exercise for your passenger locator form. If people don't want to actually take the test they don't have to, as far as I am aware there is no follow up once you are back in the UK, at least not with the tests. 

6 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

5 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

https://www.expert-medicals.co.uk/products/fully-vaccinated-amber-arrivals-day-2-test-kit-home-kit

Spot on Deb.

I know of someone who cheekily used the same code (which were day 2 and 8 tests and were used) from their holiday in June for another passenger locator form when returning from a similar holiday in September to save them buying a new test.

The form was accepted and they didn't do a day two test and nobody has batted an eyelid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

That’s fantastic!

Thank you. 
We have been advised to postpone our holiday until after the 90days are up!

This is a huge flaw in the testing system as the likelihood is we would test positive even after we have recovered.