Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

It makes me sad to see so much distrust and even borderline contempt for the scientific and medical communities.

Go get a degree in the relevant fields and provide your own unbiased research if you genuinely believe you know better than the professionals who've dedicated considerable time and energy to helping us all solve this problem.

True, but when you've got the JCVI not recommending the vaccine in 12-15 yr olds and Whitty and Co. ignoring this medical/scientific advice, it's little wonder that people begin to distrust such communities.

2 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

This topic genuinely makes my head hurt.  I read articles where some doctors explain how everyone needs to get the jab to make everyone safe, some doctors say they've examined the contents to find toxic elements contained.

I read how all this is a massive conspiracy and how the top 1% are colluding to enforce us into a population cull, a hunger games society, crash of the economy and dependency on the state, then i read about how young, healthy people have died from Covid.  Then how people have died from the jab, then how the mainstream media are controlled by the elite to push out the same narrative.

Then i watch a video about how safe and effective the vaccines are and how face masks help to stop transmission, then i read that face masks are pointless so theres no need to wear them.

It really is a mindfield.

you’re reading a lot of stuff you really shouldn’t ………

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

Save yourself the bother.

Get the vaccine and carry on with your life.

This 

6 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

True, but when you've got the JCVI not recommending the vaccine in 12-15 yr olds and Whitty and Co. ignoring this medical/scientific advice, it's little wonder that people begin to distrust such communities.

They commented that it was a knife edge call and was purely on medical grounds as that was their remit.  They also stated that the CMO would likely take the mental damage that school closures do to that age group into account when making their final recommendation to govt. if you only take what you want to from what’s going on then you’re going to be very distrustful of the science ……

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This 

They commented that it was a knife edge call and was purely on medical grounds as that was their remit.  They also stated that the CMO would likely take the mental damage that school closures do to that age group into account when making their final recommendation to govt. if you only take what you want to from what’s going on then you’re going to be very distrustful of the science ……

Well written, and I'd like to supplement this with a reminder that government policy is based on a multi-legged ALARP approach where different considerations, for which the JCVI are one, are made to come to the tolerable position.  These decisions aren't made on the basis of a single body's judgement despite what some people would like to believe.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

This 

Difficult when it's shoved through your letterbox!!  Anyone had one these?

20211003_173533.jpg

21 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Difficult when it's shoved through your letterbox!!  Anyone had one these?

20211003_173533.jpg

Can't believe you read this and believe it. 

I've googled the "journo's". Cant find a credible background for any of them.

However I did find this:

Covid-19 hoax newspaper The Light slammed by Bracknell Forest Council | Bracknell News

And this:

When the factcheckers tried to find the source of a viral photo that was spreading across Facebook, they were confused. The picture – which had been uploaded by users in the UK, US, Australia and elsewhere in the world - showed a headline that made the false claim that a US government agency had declared Covid-19 did not exist. It appeared to be from a real print newspaper, but no credible outlet would publish such a claim.

Then they had a breakthrough: it turned out the headline was from a new self-published conspiracy theorist “truthpaper” called the Light, edited by a man from Manchester who runs a business selling anti-vaccine T-shirts and 9/11 conspiracy merchandise.

Edited by Parafox
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, doverfox said:

PRAVDA

Not so sure:

Pravda indeed feels like a more common, usual word to express something that is true. It seems to have common etymology with words like "pravilny" (correct) or "pravy" (right). Russians sometimes use the word pravda with the question mark where Americans will ask "Really?"

19 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Sad to read.

Poor girl and obviously her family .

Just shows COVID is a danger for all ages still.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-58772671

Obviously a tragic case, but I hate these kind of articles. Deaths in children are incredibly rare. So why report an exceptional case for any reason other than to scare people?

Why not report on the extremely high survival rate for teens with Covid? 

Or if you want a clickbait title, why not report on a teenager who died from myocarditis after having the vaccine? Both incredibly rare and unlikely events.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Obviously a tragic case, but I hate these kind of articles. Deaths in children are incredibly rare. So why report an exceptional case for any reason other than to scare people?

Why not report on the extremely high survival rate for teens with Covid? 

Or if you want a clickbait title, why not report on a teenager who died from myocarditis after having the vaccine? Both incredibly rare and unlikely events.

You do wonder if the very rare immune response which can read to myocarditis is both likely in a person if you have the vaccine or the virus?   Are you predisposed to suffer the auto immune response that leads to the condition? 

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Keep it under the sink in case there’s another bog paper shortage 

I'm not denying it's a toilet roll rag, but the stat about death rate in children and young people is accurate.  Of the 15m or so people aged between 1 and 19 in the UK, 52 had died with coronavirus on their death certificate up to 17th September.  That's 1 out of every 290,000.  What percentage do we believe have had coronavirus?  25%?  It might be more - the latest estimate was that 4.5% of secondary school children were infected just in the week to 25th September.  But if 1 in 4 have had coronavirus, then 1 in 70,000 have died of it. 

6 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

I'm not denying it's a toilet roll rag, but the stat about death rate in children and young people is accurate.  Of the 15m or so people aged between 1 and 19 in the UK, 52 had died with coronavirus on their death certificate up to 17th September.  That's 1 out of every 290,000.  What percentage do we believe have had coronavirus?  25%?  It might be more - the latest estimate was that 4.5% of secondary school children were infected just in the week to 25th September.  But if 1 in 4 have had coronavirus, then 1 in 70,000 have died of it. 

It’s never been about children or teenagers though ……it’s like printing a headline that says no car drivers below the age of 17 have caused any deaths on the road …….

• Like 1

15 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Just seen these tweets on Twitter....

You'd think someone they knew had died or got seriously ill - not just had the vaccine.

"Devastated, heartbroken"?

Maybe if they spoke to people who have lost loved ones due to the virus or the affects of its impact on the country/world they'll find out what being devastated or heartbroken really means?

Bet they wish they'd had the chance to have a small jab..
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Just seen these tweets on Twitter....

You'd think someone they knew had died or got seriously ill - not just had the vaccine.

"Devastated, heartbroken"?

Maybe if they spoke to people who have lost loved ones due to the virus or the affects of its impact on the country/world they'll find out what being devastated or heartbroken really means?

Bet they wish they'd had the chance to have a small jab..

Some anti vaxers really believe that having the jab is planting a bomb inside you. That it’s effectively a death sentence. Perhaps that mother now expects her son to die before her. We shouldn’t make fun of people like her. just as we don’t laugh at the mentally ill. She’s been convinced of something and there’s no way she’ll now be convinced of any other approach to the vaccine. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Some anti vaxers really believe that having the jab is planting a bomb inside you. That it’s effectively a death sentence. Perhaps that mother now expects her son to die before her. We shouldn’t make fun of people like her. just as we don’t laugh at the mentally ill. She’s been convinced of something and there’s no way she’ll now be convinced of any other approach to the vaccine. 

The mentally ill cannot educate themselves well; this woman can. 

Heap scorn and ridicule on these people and hope the very worst for them. They're standing in the way of a healthy population and need to be dealt with accordingly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, leicsmac said:

People will never fail to disappoint :dry:

7 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Ben feelin ropey for over two weeks now. Constant testing negative what the hell is going on

It’s the autumn, people are in doors more and kids are in school. There are other bugs around as normal, not just covid. I know a few people hit by a bad cold that has the same symptoms as covid (RSV), but you don’t lose you taste or smell. All test negative. There is also the Norovirus going round, which is standard this time of year. I’ve been ill with non covid illness. It’s just normal for this time of year and we are noticing these more as we are on alert for covid, so something a few years ago you’d just ignore is taking more notice of. 

• Like 1